• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Shipping method to use for CONUS?

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
I want to order my first replica, and Puretime seems like a good choice. However, I don't know which shipping method to use. For 15 dollars, registered airmail says to only use for small parts, but for $35 express track and trace, it says to only use in countries with severe customs. That seems contradictory. Don't use the cheap one for watches, but only use the expensive one for strict customs countries. I just wonder which one to use for CONUS shipping. If any of you with experience with this and want to chime in, that'd be great.

In case you're wondering, the watch I'm wanting to buy is a JF 15407 Openworked, in case that makes a difference. Thanks!

darvistor

Horology Curious
17/4/18
So the email I received said to use DHL for CONUS. I swear I read a complaint email in one of these threads where they paid for DHL and it shipped EMS anyway.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
In my experience, get the fastest, most expensive option possible. It does two things -- it shortens the time which keeps on you pins and needles less and it has a greater chance of sailing through customs (first class passengers rarely get strip searched). Best $35 you'll ever spend!!!

darvistor

Horology Curious
17/4/18
Anyone else with personal purchasing experience from Puretime to CONUS? The last email I got said "we will use the safest method" So is DHL considered safe to send to the US?