• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PureTime's Mechanics Within the Replica Watch Industry - PART 2! - Qs Answered & Why

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
BTW, for someone who never did bitcoin payment.
Given massive fluctuations in the market does it mean when bitcoin payment inquiry arrives (for order placed) that the price will be fixed in BTC and customer will buy BTC on the market at that moment with upside/downside depending on market conditions?
Any link where to read?
Tried in 'search' but didn't find.
Thanks in advance.

Everything is referring to the USD value, for example your order amount is US$488 and when you about to send the payment, you need to check the current market value of BTC and send US$488 to us, if the BTC value is $10000 then you send us 0.0488 BTC. Our payment system records the value of the BTC once the payment is received and confirmed.

Orlinski

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Everything is referring to the USD value, for example your order amount is US$488 and when you about to send the payment, you need to check the current market value of BTC and send US$488 to us, if the BTC value is $10000 then you send us 0.0488 BTC. Our payment system records the value of the BTC once the payment is received and confirmed.

Thanks, seems reasonable.
Is there any reference exchange rate source ?
It means how the seller and the buyer come to recognize same BTC value, as at the moment of conversion exchange rate may be different than later (for better ow worse, of course) ?

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks, seems reasonable.
Is there any reference exchange rate source ?
It means how the seller and the buyer come to recognize same BTC value, as at the moment of conversion exchange rate may be different than later (for better ow worse, of course) ?

If you want to be precise and you can use the Blockchain.info rate, other major exchange like Bitfinex or Binance should give very similar results.

There are some extreme case that would cause some loss to the customer:

1. The BTC value drops significantly a few seconds / minutes after the BTC is sent, I realise most customers send their BTC from an exchange wallet which is very slow when it comes to withdraw, you might withdraw at 13:00 but the exchange system approves your withdraw at 13:15, if BTC value drops significantly within that 15 minutes and you might need to cover the difference.

2. This could cause issues to customers who send their BTC from a actual BTC wallet, not an exchange wallet, which you can configure the fee for the transfer, if you set the fee too low and the transaction can take hours or even days to confirm and BTC value usually changed a lot. Since you have got a discount for the BTC order and please spend reasonable fees to make the transaction faster.

Reactions: PatPzKdt

C-master

Looking Around
18/1/20
Wow so informative! Thank you for sharing! Ill be purchasing a planet ocean shortly as my first purchase!

icyberwatch

Tick Tock
Patron
Certified
1/3/20
USA - Cal
I just read the v 2 which is at the start of this link. I am a newbie and very happy that i choose pt. I got my first AP 15202 from your website in February. Received it in March and it was a smooth transaction except 2 things. Product: very happy with.
Charges: I was still not able to understand why my watch with shipping costing me $523. The charges showed up as 594. Secondly I don’t know why but my Bank of America card could not go through. I had to use a card from another bank on your website. And yes your English is very good. Your staff was very helpful too. Thank you for a smooth experience. I am almost getting ready for a couple more purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I just read the v 2 which is at the start of this link. I am a newbie and very happy that i choose pt. I got my first AP 15202 from your website in February. Received it in March and it was a smooth transaction except 2 things. Product: very happy with.
Charges: I was still not able to understand why my watch with shipping costing me $523. The charges showed up as 594. Secondly I don’t know why but my Bank of America card could not go through. I had to use a card from another bank on your website. And yes your English is very good. Your staff was very helpful too. Thank you for a smooth experience. I am almost getting ready for a couple more purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Thanks for your order. Please understand this business is not legit so the exchange rate is pretty bad. You may consider using bitcoin or transferwise next time. There is also 8% discount for bitcoin orders and 5% discount for transferwise :)

Reactions: icyberwatch

PAC

Known Member
1/12/18
I enjoy puretime as a TD, a lot of video’s which lets you see the true quilt items they offer compared to pictures

Reactions: icyberwatch

mcn7710

Known Member
18/1/20
Down Under
Thanks for your order. Please understand this business is not legit so the exchange rate is pretty bad. You may consider using bitcoin or transferwise next time. There is also 8% discount for bitcoin orders and 5% discount for transferwise :)

puretime, I remember seeing your post about transferwise some time ago, I could not find it now nor on your website. I might consider it for my next purchase. Do you have instruction how to use it?

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
puretime, I remember seeing your post about transferwise some time ago, I could not find it now nor on your website. I might consider it for my next purchase. Do you have instruction how to use it?

You can find transferwise payment option when you check out. Select it and we will email you instructions in 12 hours

Reactions: mcn7710

cpd2186

Runway Model
Supporter
5/4/16

I just used Transferwise to purchase from Angus and went perfectly!

Reactions: mcn7710