• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PureTime's Mechanics Within the Replica Watch Industry - PART 2! - Qs Answered & Why

ICEMAN-Hoyle

Known Member
1/12/18
Very informative post, many thanks, hope to buy my first watch from you soon Angus

Tennesseehorn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/1/07
For my first post I would like to say this:

Angus, your write up was very well written/laid out and from a native born English speaker, I couldn’t tell that English wasn’t your first language——-bravo!!!! It’s been about 10-11 years since I bought a replica Yachtmaster and 50th anniversary Submariner. They were actually pretty good reproductions since I had friends who had both watches and at first glance and “upon further inspection “ passed the “eyeball and feel” tests. I’m looking forward to dealing with you on my next purchase.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
For my first post I would like to say this:

Angus, your write up was very well written/laid out and from a native born English speaker, I couldn’t tell that English wasn’t your first language——-bravo!!!! It’s been about 10-11 years since I bought a replica Yachtmaster and 50th anniversary Submariner. They were actually pretty good reproductions since I had friends who had both watches and at first glance and “upon further inspection “ passed the “eyeball and feel” tests. I’m looking forward to dealing with you on my next purchase.

Thank you so much for your kind words :D and we look forward to doing business with you

Tennesseehorn

6/1/07
Thank you so much for your kind words :D and we look forward to doing business with you

I am debating buying Yacht Master Blue Dial 40 mm watch since the movement in my old Yacht Master with platinum color face decided to die :( I really like this watch but shipping it off for repair may cost as much as I paid for the watch (I bought it in 2008 or 09). That's my dilemma. These new watches seem to be incredible replicas down to exact specs. Impressive.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I am debating buying Yacht Master Blue Dial 40 mm watch since the movement in my old Yacht Master with platinum color face decided to die :( I really like this watch but shipping it off for repair may cost as much as I paid for the watch (I bought it in 2008 or 09). That's my dilemma. These new watches seem to be incredible replicas down to exact specs. Impressive.

Factories upgrade the watches almost every year. Specifics are getting more and more close to gen. It's unbelievable your watch has worked for almost 10 years :D

Tennesseehorn

6/1/07
Hopefully the new movements (especially the Asian clone 3135) will last years and years with minimal service.

johnnythefox

Renowned Member
16/10/17
Brilliant post Angus. I've learnt a lot from both your posts and I now feel educated on the repping process.

watchmms

5/4/18
Thank you for this post Angus. I am looking forward to placing an order soon.

Phatfos

8/6/19
Hello Angus. I placed my first rep order for a 116500 white dial and sent BtC. Must say I am nervous about this much money on the line!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Hello Angus. I placed my first rep order for a 116500 white dial and sent BtC. Must say I am nervous about this much money on the line!

Thank you for your oder. Please email Shuang the BTC details. She will confirm the payment to you. No worries

Reactions: TYL88

Phil994

2/3/16
The link to part1 is not working. Can someone post a new link to V1.1 please - thank you