• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

One question before I purchase my first Rep ever.

DanielFx

Horology Curious
27/6/22
Hello,

I was wondering if you get one of this watches, do you get box papers and certifies like a Gen one? you get all like the gen?

Sorry for this Noob question and thanks to all of you that helps people like me :)

Reactions: dermitderuhr

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
The box usually comes at an extra cost and the “papers” totally unnecessary and a waste of money. Some models might come with some type of paperwork depends on TD and Factory.

ron99

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/10/10
ES + NL
Wanting box and papers mostly lets think you have other intentions with the REP then just the fun of using it.
Garanty card? You really want to feel like an ???? asking for warranty service at the official service dealer?

Also, I have GEN boxes that I have not touched since day 1, and they only take a lot of place, since the boxes are being made larger and larger!

Excuse me for the direct answer. No harm intended. We all were new to this at some time.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

DanielFx

Horology Curious
27/6/22
Wanting box and papers mostly lets think you have other intentions with the REP then just the fun of using it.
Garanty card? You really want to feel like an ???? asking for warranty service at the official service dealer?

Also, I have GEN boxes that I have not touched since day 1, and they only take a lot of place, since the boxes are being made larger and larger!

Excuse me for the direct answer. No harm intended. We all were new to this at some time.

oh boy...

Last edited:

tslims99

Horology Curious
15/5/12

I think he asked a totally reasonable question. You are the one being a douche by assuming that he has ulterior motives. Why is it okay for someone to want to own a replica watch, but...OMG!!! They want replica papers too?!?!?! For shame!

He/she may want the full experience of ownership because they know that the opportunity to acquire a gen is very, very far off. The fact is, he has his reasons for it and you are nobody to ask why he/she does on a forum devoted to the worship of fraudulent items. I could make any number of assumptions about you and why you wear replica watches in the first place. You can either answer his question of move on. Have a nice day.

Reactions: dancraig

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
A lot of reps come with a warranty card with generic serial. It just goes straight in the bin.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: freediver

ron99

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/10/10
ES + NL
. I could make any number of assumptions about you and why you wear replica watches in the first place. You can either answer his question of move on. Have a nice day.

I will give you the pleasure to be answered on this part of your post. I have GEN and REP of several watches from the same model. When going to the mall, the beach -you name it- I don’t go with a GEN but i don’t have plastic Swatches neither.
Also; mostly if I like a watch visually, I will first buy the REP and if all is as I wanted, I could buy the GEN after, or not.

Does this match any of your multiple assumptions?

Don’t bother to answer. I will move on.
Have a nice day, too.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
zLpNn1.gif

Last edited:

Updog

18/7/19
No, you don't get papers and boxes with rep purchase, but you can buy them separately if you really want to through your TD and DHGate. Will be generic and not specific to the watch obviously.
I've purchased a couple of boxes and they look good, especially for photos - but don't get much use outside of that. Looking back, should have just put that money towards a larger watch box!

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
No he's not, it's a quite normal assumption, why would anyone want papers?

In support, (and I am not being sarcastic etc., just stating the fact), a buddy of mine, a collector prior to turn of millennium, just throws away his boxes and other paraphernalia upon bringing home. He keeps his papers though. Stores his stash in a bank vault, and does not want anything indicative. He is careful enough to not throw away in his bin - he takes the trouble to drive a bit and discard in a commercial trash container.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
In support, (and I am not being sarcastic etc., just stating the fact), a buddy of mine, a collector prior to turn of millennium, just throws away his boxes and other paraphernalia upon bringing home. He keeps his papers though. Stores his stash in a bank vault, and does not want anything indicative. He is careful enough to not throw away in his bin - he takes the trouble to drive a bit and discard in a commercial trash container.

Yes for gens of course you want papers (and the box, really) but for a rep?

Reactions: TESLA760