• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advice on AP ref. 26574 YG on PureTimeWatch

mikelosat

Horology Curious
5/2/21
Hi friends, I would like to buy an AP 26574 YG through PureTimeWatch, I have read several reviews about this seller, I would be interested to know from the most experienced what you suggest on the mechanism? someone advised me against it because in case of failure or breakage it is difficult to find assistance.

https://i.ibb.co/c15Xnn4/AP-ref-26574-YG.png

Also I'm not so convinced about the graphics of the circle, I saw some details like the moon, they seem a little rough but I wouldn't want it to be light effects

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
It may not be a good choice if you are looking for a gen like 1:1 watch. But it is a good looking watch. Hope it helps :)

mikelosat

Horology Curious
5/2/21
Could you better explain the details to me? Why would it not be a good choice?
I am looking for the JF factory replica which should be faithful to the genuine

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
It is a complicated watch and it can never be repped 1:1 and no maker would buy a gen to replicate.

JF AP models are good.

mikelosat

Horology Curious
5/2/21
I am speechless, I was so excited to have it, I love this watch but if there are all these risks I am afraid I can not then repair it in case of a failure.
I don't know what to choose anymore.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
What i was trying to say is it is not 1:1 replicated. Factory can fix for you in case of a movement failure

mikelosat

Horology Curious
5/2/21
I honestly do not understand, the description of the website "puretimewatch.io" reports the following in the description below in screenshoot.

the description states: Royal Oak 41mm Complicated Function 26574 YG JF 1:1 Best Edition Blue Textured Dial on YG Bracelet A5134

Why do you say it's not a 1:1 replica?
orologio.png

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Many years ago,, a good friend and old TD once explained the 1:1 claims as this:

The term 1:1 is one that is often used by the maker/factory of the watch as is done so as a standard for sales purposes promotion only.

This is the pre-versed advertisement that is provided to the TD's like Puretime to use on the web site. The TD only procures the watch from the factory to fill your order.

1:1 is loosely used to describe that the replica is produced to be as close to the gen as feasable. There is in reality no 1:1 exact replica. Otherwise it would have to be a 100% gen to be 1:1.

Can't blame TD's for this.
Hope this helps?

mikelosat

Horology Curious
5/2/21
Many years ago,, a good friend and old TD once explained the 1:1 claims as this:

The term 1:1 is one that is often used by the maker/factory of the watch as is done so as a standard for sales purposes promotion only.

This is the pre-versed advertisement that is provided to the TD's like Puretime to use on the web site. The TD only procures the watch from the factory to fill your order.

1:1 is loosely used to describe that the replica is produced to be as close to the gen as feasable. There is in reality no 1:1 exact replica. Otherwise it would have to be a 100% gen to be 1:1.

Can't blame TD's for this.
Hope this helps?

Ah okay, thank you for the precise details, now I understand.
I do not understand, then, how such a dubious reply can cost so much?

1. It is not guaranteed that the movement works because it is called "COMPLICATED" to the point that it is also not recommended by the TD.

2. It is not guaranteed 1:1 but similar to the genuine

3. It is offered at $378 + shipping costs

I honestly do not understand what is the point of a reply of which nothing is known (not even qc photos) ?

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Ah okay, thank you for the precise details, now I understand.
I do not understand, then, how such a dubious reply can cost so much?

1. It is not guaranteed that the movement works because it is called "COMPLICATED" to the point that it is also not recommended by the TD.

2. It is not guaranteed 1:1 but similar to the genuine

3. It is offered at $378 + shipping costs

I honestly do not understand what is the point of a reply of which nothing is known (not even qc photos) ?

There are many others do not care so much about the movement or 1:1 and they just like the looking and wear for fun.

Reactions: DD60

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
It's a replica after all, never treat any replicas as genuine.

mikelosat

Horology Curious
5/2/21
It's a replica after all, never treat any replicas as genuine.

Precisely because there are no guarantees but these are watches for "fun" as you can ask for and then pay from 370 to 800 euros for a replica that in 80% of cases will be a failure from which you will not even be able to resort to assistance and repairs?

Capoulsen

Horology Curious
28/2/21
Texas
I'm new to reps but I was always told that 1:1 was referred to size as in the gen is exactly the size of the rep meaning 1 to 1. As to reliability I've never heard 80 percent failure rate. Through my research talking to friends who have bought many reps its around 10 percent failure within a one year period. When talking about price the reps I'm interested in buying are in a range of 350 to 1000 usd. If you compare this to gen your talking about less than 5 percent of the cost so can't really expect same quality as a gen.

J_rwi

21/2/21
Canada
I'm new to reps but I was always told that 1:1 was referred to size as in the gen is exactly the size of the rep meaning 1 to 1.

Nope. Not in all cases. Often and I say often the good factories will produce similar if not then it might be close to a unimaginably similar size (which is basically a 1:1 copy, some makers can get it spot on). Take a look around the spec sheets on all the various makers. Yet you will find not everything posted online is correct. Including this post ;).