• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First and Last purchase from Puretime, horrible experience and customer service

murphyc

Looking Around
12/8/20
Hi,

I am a very new member, created an account just now to share my experience to be known for "newbies" like myself.

I purchased a replica Tag Carrera from puretime after looking for a trusted and reliable dealer. This was my second replica purchase after 8 years. I am a teacher, not a collector, and have limited resources as one can imagine. So I try to make good research before buying something "expensive". Apparently this time i failed...

I decided the model, contacted with them via email, transferred the money via transferwise.

first problem was with qc pictures. When i received the qc images, i noticed something was odd with it. The dial i ordered was gray but in wc it looked grayish. After sending an email they noticed the problem and reordered the black dial one and submitted the qc images for the right one.

i received the watch after a couple days/weeks. But the watch this time was not working. No matter how many times i wind, it stopped after couple hours/minutes. I sent an email asking how to wind, if there is something wrong with me and the way i wind, followed their instructions but nothing changed... the brand new watch which went through "quality control" was not working!

they asked me to ship it back to them, but i have to pay for the shipping! An additional $50. The watch was defective from day one, which is not my fault but i have to pay for the shipping, hard to understand but anyway i did that, shipped it back to them like they said. In the end I was going to waste $400 or spend additional $50 to bring it back to life, there was no other choice.

two months after, the ship did arrive to china but not to puretime! I asked and the answer was, "it has customs problems, we cant get it. It will be returned back to you"

another $50 was wasted with 3 months and nothing in hand. I still didnt receive my package!

I decided to contact puretime to explain my frustration and disappointment. Sent an email last week to sales, billing & [email protected] to make sure my voice is heard. And guess what? No one even cared to write back, apologize, tried to do anything! I guess this is how it works with them!

Again I have to stress the point that, I as a teacher with limited resources in these unprecendented times with schools shut all over the country, wanted to reward myself with a small gesture, ended up being punished by some unreliable people/business, at least for me. I can not of course say they are scam but I can easily say their customer service sucks, together with their quality control!

My first purchase 8-9 years ago was from another really trusted dealer, I do now want to disclose their name(maybe its against policy I dont know), went very smooth, perfect with zero issues at all. And customer service was really top notch.

Reactions: owissam

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
you joined the forum to complain about a TD........oh boy......
:popcorn2:

murphyc

Looking Around
12/8/20
you joined the forum to complain about a TD........oh boy......
:popcorn2:

I dont remember asking anything to you, mind your own business...

Also, since you are interested in why I am here; check the section title first, which says "Puretime Buyer Reviews" which is what I am doing and why I am here!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

You post on a public forum yet don't want or expect to get any replies ?

And for a teacher your grammar and syntax leave a lot to be desired.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I am sorry for what happened to your order. We do Quality check for all the orders before shipping. This includes the movement and watch functions. The timegraph will be provided to proof the movement is working well. However,most of the time the watch is fine with us but DOA because the movement breaks during shipping since some of the movements are fragile. I know how it feels when you recieve a watch which has issues but this is how the business works . We have no control over on the damages .

About the customs, I remember i have explained this on the forum. This business is not legit .We are not able to provide our identity to the customs. So when the custom clearance requires more paperworks or ID infos, we can not do anything but wait till they process or return your package.

Sorry again for everything. This should be returned to you. Please let us know when you recieve the package back then we can disscuss further how to get it resolved.

Reactions: Tione12

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
He is probably teaching typewriter maintenance at the Rocko Club School for Women.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

You tell 'em buddy. What right does he have to comment on your post? What grade do you teach?

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
But op said "mind your own business" so we are not allowed to comment on his post :no:

Fine for me. Only dropped by to mind my own business for a few seconds.

[Elevator_music]
​​​​​​​[/Elevator_music]

Done. See y'all!
​​​​

Last edited:

Billnyethescienceguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/1/20
CONUS
I wish people would spend as much time READING this forum as they do posting super long threads about things that have been covered over and over again. This isn't amazon. It's the illegal purchase of contraband products. Customs is not their problem.

Instead of sending it back you should have taken it to a local watchsmith, or better yet, send it to one of the great watchsmiths on this board and let them work on it for you. Most people here would recommended that option. It's the safest and quickest option. This is what happens when you send something back to china. Get it fixed local and move on.

If you really wanted to post something useful you should have asked this great group about repair options before you choose to send this back....oh wait...you joined just to bitch... not for help or to be a productive part of this group.

Last edited:
Reactions: tkingjr

murphyc

Looking Around
12/8/20
- No, I did not create a Reddit thread, I dont even have an account there.

- I spent quite some time reading the forum from time to time with an anonymous account as I said I am not a pro rep/gen collector just wanted to have a nice watch as an accessory.

- About "minding your own business", OK, that was an overreaction, but I hope one would also understand how frustrating it is to have such an awful experience for something I have been waiting/"dreaming" for quite some time, some emphaty please...

- No I dont teach typewriting, I teach AP Computer Science in a highly ranked High School...

- Last but not least, for puretime; Of course I do know the risks about customs and the type of business going on, that is my bad luck, my disappointment is about the quality control, product quality and customer service. No one cared to even reply to my mail ...