• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Puretime: Bad Review.

Bloob

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/19
This is just a warning to you. I'm obviously not getting my money back or the watch I ordered. I bought a Konstantin Chaykin Clown v9f for 358 from PT with the 138 dollar strap plus the usual 35 shipping. Minus 8 percent for Bitcoin payment (don't do it) on October 31st.

Watch came with a broken bezel ring on the inside. Nothing was wrong with the outside and it worked but was cosmetic issue. I returned the watch (40 shipping) the next day. Yes I know about covid, so I was patient. Three months later they say they received it. Now it has a BENT STRAP and they want to deduct 58 dollars or have me pay that to get the watch. I say I'll pay the 58 to replace the watch or just return my money. They say they'll refund 276. I argue for a week or two then just gave up.

THEY SENT 188 DOLLARS BACK.

​​​​​​So after 5 months of emails and waiting days or weeks for responses, spending 75 shipping and paying for the watch, this is what I end up with.

So this is my warning to you. Go somewhere else if you expect any kind of service. And don't even try to return with Bitcoin. I can already hear them telling me they sent back a fraction because it dropped in the last 5 months. Yes, it's my fault you didn't cash out during that five months, right?

On a side note I bought a JLC moonphase at the same time from them and it's perfect. No issues.

So with that in mind, as long as the watch arrives okay you should be good. But I feel bad if you have any issues with your watch because they're terrible, and I mean terrible with customer service.

I lost a couple hundred dollars, spent months emailing and waiting. I'll live, I'm not here to cry about it. I just want to warn the noobs like me that these things happen... But maybe try someone with a better reputation for service.

​​​​​​

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
This thing does happen. If you did your research, you would’ve known not to send it back to China for repairs for the same reason you experienced or being seized by the Chinese custom.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
That's a bummer! Sending the watch back is a waste of time and money, usually if a watch has an issue I just send it to a watchmaker and show them the bill, usually they are friendly and offer me a discount on the next purchase.

Something to note for Bitcoin is that the refunds are up to them, let's say it goes up, they'll send you back the exact amount in USD instead of the Bitcoin amount you sent them. If it goes down, they'll send you the Bitcoin amount back. A member was complaining last week that he lost 250$ on a purchase, don't forget they are sellers after all ...

Bloob

5/10/19
This is actually the nh35a version by the way. I had to RL two of the V9F and got impatient so I asked them to send this one instead. I have a V9F now I bought from m2m that I can wear with the strap but it doesn't look at shiny and pretty as the nh35a. Also, the V9F is heavier and thicker. It should also be noted that they hid the ripped off hair portion on the QC images for the 138 dollar strap. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying be patient and ask for more pictures.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I am sorry for the inconvenience cause. However, this is how we recieved the watch back:
The strap was bended and not refundable in such condition. That's why we have to deduct the cost of the strap. I am sorry if you have recieved less BTC but we have refunded the exact correct BTC value. We have no control if BTC drops but you can hold it till BTC value got increased。

Bloob

5/10/19
Who would have thought bending a watch strap would have ruined it. Regardless of how ridiculous that is, your customer service is terrible, and you're still a scam based on the fact I told you I would pay for the strap and you still chose to ignore me. Two weeks later, no response from anyone. Then I get a "we can't replace it because the strap was broken." Your excuses are terrible. You just dragged this out for MONTHS, then refunded a fraction because that's what you felt like doing when it was convenient. If you're concerned about bitcoin prices... take the money out when you receive it. It's not a complicated idea and your customers wouldn't feel like you were holding broken watches as bitcoin leverage. I have nothing to say to you. Your company is terrible and you shouldn't be a TD.

Reactions: tribal

Banksy3b

Looking Around
15/4/20
Hey Bloob,

i hesitate a lot between the joker from Puretime V9 (358$) and the 318$ version. Can you please help me and tell me what do you think ? Any ad infomations are welcome ! Any details
sorry for your bad review with puretime

Bloob

5/10/19
Stay away from puretime. Get the 318 dollar one for sure unless you have to have a moonphase vs 24 hour.

Banksy3b

Looking Around
15/4/20
Okay Thanks but for the watch, which one is the most close to the gen physically, not in term of moonphase

Bloob

5/10/19
Okay, the V9F is the closest. But it doesn't come with a tie strap. So of you want both, it's a fortune. I bought one through m2m and have the strap left over from puretime. I never wore either. I liked the nh35a one so much and I was so excited about it but the green ring was chipped. After all was said and done I had a terrible taste in my mouth about an the whole thing. Long story short, if you want the V9F with a strap I'll sell it to you for what I bought it for. Just looking at the watch reminds me of the terrible time I had with puretime. Lmk and I'll make a reserved thread.

Halien

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/3/20
Stay away from puretime. Get the 318 dollar one for sure unless you have to have a moonphase vs 24 hour.
stop beeing disrespectfull with them fact that you forgot to mention that you broke strap and then complaining about a refund is enough for me to clearly see you are an idio:byebye:

Bloob

5/10/19
I had the strap for ONE day, it was absolutely NOT broken. That strap was not even the one in the picture that was on the watch. Think about that... I had the TIE strap on the watch. Yet somehow... In ONE day the black strap was "completely ruined." Puretime is a scam, what do I gain from this other than to warn people? You're just an obvious account from PT.