• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first replica purchase.. decided to go with PT

futuredoc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/20
Hello all, I've been browsing RWI for about a year now before finally making an account recently.

Been collecting gen Rolex/Omega watches for some time now and after seeing the quality of my friends replicas, I decided to purchase my own..

Did a lot of research here and decided to purchase two watches from PureTime: the 36mm silver dial datejust by ARF and the 2019 VSF seamaster with black bezel and white dial. I placed the order about 6 hours ago and hoping to receive the QC pictures soon.

If anyone could educate me further on what to look out for in the QC pictures, I'd be grateful; I have learned a lot from you guys in my research here!

Will post periodic updates of my order (how it is getting processed, deliver time, pictures, etc) so that I can contribute to others making a similar decision!

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Welcome to this amazing forum! Very nice choices to start with ( and i say "to start with" because you'll definitely be addicted to this hobby soon enough ;).

In the QC pictures you should look for Misprints, crooked markers or big misalignments and machining imperfections. QC is a Quality Control to see if you are getting the right watch you ordered and to reject obviously flawed pieces! So there is no need to nitpick, remember that these are 400$ watches!

Have fun, we want some pics after you Green Light your watches!

Reactions: howudoinralph

futuredoc

24/3/20
Welcome to this amazing forum! Very nice choices to start with ( and i say "to start with" because you'll definitely be addicted to this hobby soon enough ;).

In the QC pictures you should look for Misprints, crooked markers or big misalignments and machining imperfections. QC is a Quality Control to see if you are getting the right watch you ordered and to reject obviously flawed pieces! So there is no need to nitpick, remember that these are 400$ watches!

Have fun, we want some pics after you Green Light your watches!

I appreciate the warm welcome! I've seen many many QC comparisons/discussions here and like you advised, I'm trying to decide how "nitpicky" I should be considering these are replicas after all.

The desire to 'win the lottery' so to speak on the watch I will be approving/receiving is undeniably higher than it should be :(

And yes - I will make sure to share pictures!

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I appreciate the warm welcome! I've seen many many QC comparisons/discussions here and like you advised, I'm trying to decide how "nitpicky" I should be considering these are replicas after all.

The desire to 'win the lottery' so to speak on the watch I will be approving/receiving is undeniably higher than it should be :(

And yes - I will make sure to share pictures!

Nice, let us know, read a lot and stick around, the necessary knowledge is all here

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Hello all, I've been browsing RWI for about a year now before finally making an account recently.

Been collecting gen Rolex/Omega watches for some time now and after seeing the quality of my friends replicas, I decided to purchase my own..

Did a lot of research here and decided to purchase two watches from PureTime: the 36mm silver dial datejust by ARF and the 2019 VSF seamaster with black bezel and white dial. I placed the order about 6 hours ago and hoping to receive the QC pictures soon.

If anyone could educate me further on what to look out for in the QC pictures, I'd be grateful; I have learned a lot from you guys in my research here!

Will post periodic updates of my order (how it is getting processed, deliver time, pictures, etc) so that I can contribute to others making a similar decision!

Thanks for ordering from Puretime. You have made great choices :) We will take care of your order and please email us if you have any questions. Thank you

Reactions: howudoinralph

futuredoc

24/3/20
Thanks for ordering from Puretime. You have made great choices :) We will take care of your order and please email us if you have any questions. Thank you

Will do - looking forward to the process!

futuredoc

24/3/20
So just received and approved the QC pictures for the datejust, still waiting on the seamaster.

Has been little over 24 hours since order confirmation, payment confirmation happened in about 20 hours. Impressive turnaround..

Here are some of the QC photos I received for anyone interested in taking a look (I'm a bit confused as to the exact 'rules' regarding posting QC pics but I think I'm good as long as I'm not "hey tell me whats wrong I'm lazy to do my own research" kind of thing?)

Anyway here they are, will post pics of the seamaster once I receive its QC.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
So just received and approved the QC pictures for the datejust, still waiting on the seamaster.

Has been little over 24 hours since order confirmation, payment confirmation happened in about 20 hours. Impressive turnaround..

Here are some of the QC photos I received for anyone interested in taking a look (I'm a bit confused as to the exact 'rules' regarding posting QC pics but I think I'm good as long as I'm not "hey tell me whats wrong I'm lazy to do my own research" kind of thing?)

Anyway here they are, will post pics of the seamaster once I receive its QC.
nhYXs.jpg
nhOI3.jpg
nhyxY.jpg
nh9WD.jpg

The rules are you can't just post your QC pics unless you have a specific problem with the watch . My guess you haven't actually accepted the QC yet so are waiting to see what the forum has to say on your watch . So you are not good . Then again this sort of stuff is up to the ' in crowd' or the mods not an underling like me .

Nice watch though ! Just decided i need a DJ ! If you are going to reject it let me know i'll take it :D

Last edited:

futuredoc

24/3/20
The rules are you can't just post your QC pics unless you have a specific problem with the watch . My guess you haven't actually accepted the QC yet so are waiting to see what the forum has to say on your watch . So you are not good . Then again this sort of stuff is up to the ' in crowd' or the mods not an underling like me .

Nice watch though ! Just decided i need a DJ ! If you are going to reject it let me know i'll take it :D

As I mentioned in my post, I already approved the QC before uploading the pictures. My sole purpose of sharing my QC pictures is for people to simply enjoy looking at them / and for future buyers curious of the process of buying from PT. Thanks for attempting to clarify however!

Reactions: san4x

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
It just looks perfect!!! We will process the shipment asap if you have approved them :)

futuredoc

24/3/20
It just looks perfect!!! We will process the shipment asap if you have approved them :)

I sent three separate replies/inquires regarding the QC pictures with the green light alongside some questions regarding shipping because I ordered 2 watches with separate payments (therefore payed for shipping twice). But I haven't received any replies yet... Is this normal? Don't mean to rush
Thanks!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I sent three separate replies/inquires regarding the QC pictures with the green light alongside some questions regarding shipping because I ordered 2 watches with separate payments (therefore payed for shipping twice). But I haven't received any replies yet... Is this normal? Don't mean to rush
Thanks!

Usually you will get the response from us within 24 hours :) Don't worry

futuredoc

24/3/20
Wanted to give a quick update for whoever is interested:

1. Have yet to receive QC pictures for the seamaster.
2. Have yet to receive tracking for the datejust: was supposed to get it last friday but Im guessing it wasn't processed before the weekend.
3. Communication so far has been great, a little slow on the response but customer service is very helpful and nice.

Will update when things change!

futuredoc

24/3/20
Update: contacted puretime through their website chat and got the tracking immediately. Great customer service.

Also for people wondering why I'm posting all these updates, ITS FOR POTENTIAL FUTURE BUYERS LOOKING TO PURCHASE FROM PURETIME! Just want to give any newcomers an idea of the whole process..

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks for sharing. Please expect some delays in transisting caused by the Covid2019