• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pure Time Not Repsonding/ Not Honoring Refund

tehvelvet

Looking Around
31/8/17
Just wanted to give out a warning. I asked for a refund for my PPF Nautillus I ordered just a few days after purchasing due to the corona news. Pure time made a post saying that refunds will be honored with no issue so I emailed them. I was told I would only get back 90% of what I paid because of a “10% credit card fee”. I emailed back saying that there was nothing stated about this in their post. Anyways email after email Jennifer from Pure Time has purposely not responded, she even responds to my other email account just not the one I am requesting the refund on. I stated that I will he left with no choice but to charge back and that I really did not want to do that due to that hurting rep sellers but still no response after 2 weeks of emails. Anyways never had an issue with rep sellers of any kind whether that be for watches or for clothing until this. I’m personally going to stay away from Pure Time.

Also sorry if I used the wrong format or something, this is my first time using this website, I was told to post this here.

Reactions: imabirdlawyer

crunchycarrot00

14/6/18
For what it's worth I totally understand your situation

I've only ever had to go through a "hey dude refund me pls" when a watch they shipped got stuck in customs for like 2 months but they handled it (I did have to pressure for a like a solid couple of weeks though... And I've put through probably well over 10k usd worth of orders through them)

Given the issues China has right now (its a bigger deal than media is reporting, people are all genuinely scared as no one trusts the numbers and stats from the government) I would try to give a bit of slack.

Try and understand what you would do in your life if your personal, and business life was suddenly completely fucked. It's going to be firefighting for the next month or two for small enterprises. They re probably working in the back end to see what the impact is on all the factories and down the supply chain as well (going to be much harder here than say apple trying to sort out their silly chain for obvious reasons).

I agree that the restocking charge or whatever shouldn't be borne by you. There are definitely higher fees involved in dealing with cc processors that will service replica resellers, that's just a cost of business but that shouldn't come out of a legit refund unless it was clearly notified or communicated elsewhere.

Try and send them a message saying you are looking for a full refund and you don't mind if the refund takes a bit longer but a partial refund really is unacceptable.

A chargeback really is going to literally make everyone else's life a lot more difficult and I'm not saying you should eat that 10% fee for everyone else. If I were PT I really would just refund you honestly to shut you up especially at this time because the headaches grow exponentially with cases.
​​​
Try and get them on the line chat if possible (with a separate account about a "new issue" if you're feeling paranoid about them ignoring you and then immediately reference your refund)

If they completely drop the ball again and you feel a chargeback is still the only way to go because your can't wait for your money back or they still ignore you then you do what you gotta do.

Reactions: kinglion75

tehvelvet

Looking Around
31/8/17
For what it's worth I totally understand your situation

I've only ever had to go through a "hey dude refund me pls" when a watch they shipped got stuck in customs for like 2 months but they handled it (I did have to pressure for a like a solid couple of weeks though... And I've put through probably well over 10k usd worth of orders through them)

Given the issues China has right now (its a bigger deal than media is reporting, people are all genuinely scared as no one trusts the numbers and stats from the government) I would try to give a bit of slack.

Try and understand what you would do in your life if your personal, and business life was suddenly completely fucked. It's going to be firefighting for the next month or two for small enterprises. They re probably working in the back end to see what the impact is on all the factories and down the supply chain as well (going to be much harder here than say apple trying to sort out their silly chain for obvious reasons).

I agree that the restocking charge or whatever shouldn't be borne by you. There are definitely higher fees involved in dealing with cc processors that will service replica resellers, that's just a cost of business but that shouldn't come out of a legit refund unless it was clearly notified or communicated elsewhere.

Try and send them a message saying you are looking for a full refund and you don't mind if the refund takes a bit longer but a partial refund really is unacceptable.

A chargeback really is going to literally make everyone else's life a lot more difficult and I'm not saying you should eat that 10% fee for everyone else. If I were PT I really would just refund you honestly to shut you up especially at this time because the headaches grow exponentially with cases.
​​​
Try and get them on the line chat if possible (with a separate account about a "new issue" if you're feeling paranoid about them ignoring you and then immediately reference your refund)

If they completely drop the ball again and you feel a chargeback is still the only way to go because your can't wait for your money back or they still ignore you then you do what you gotta do.

I feel like I've tried everything possible, I have emailed them on other emails with them responding but when bringing up the refund they go ghost. They literally wont even respond regarding paying the 10% its getting ridiculous. I completely understand the gravity of the situation in China at the moment but that doesn't mean that they are not able to email me back and ghost me when asked to pay me back after posting that they are willing to do this. On 3 or 4 separate emails I told them that I don't want to hurt their business in any way and that's why I want to avoid the whole situation by them just sending a refund but the sales rep "Jennifer" doesn't seem to care. I emailed her today saying that this was the last day before I charge back but I doubt I'm getting a response so I'm probably going to have to do it tomorrow.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
You have stated that corona news is the reason you cancelled the order. You should know that the whole country is under lock down due to this corona virus.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Puretime is a TD, one of the biggest and usually are pretty clean with customers. I ordered several times from them without any issues. I guess they are crushed under demands of refunds, cancellations, clients concerns, and they probably have managment problems with the actual lockdown and all.

This is collateral damage you are victim of right now, be patient. When things get sorted out in China then you'll see what it's all about.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: kinglion75

Touliloup

Horology Curious
3/2/20
I don't think thats it. I believe is just that you won't get a 100% refund from rep dealer. I cannot tell if it's because of the transaction fees or because it's convenient for them but they simply don't do 100% refund

tehvelvet

Looking Around
31/8/17
You have stated that corona news is the reason you cancelled the order. You should know that the whole country is under lock down due to this corona virus.

When other TD's are shipping products why wait for them when they clearly stated that they are willing to offer refunds to their customers no questions asked. They refuse to respond to any emails of mine regarding a refund.

tehvelvet

Looking Around
31/8/17
Puretime is a TD, one of the biggest and usually are pretty clean with customers. I ordered several times from them without any issues. I guess they are crushed under demands of refunds, cancellations, clients concerns, and they probably have managment problems with the actual lockdown and all.

This is collateral damage you are victim of right now, be patient. When things get sorted out in China then you'll see what it's all about.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

I've been patient, they are responding to emails on other email accounts of mine so they cannot be that "crushed". Regardless I've been left with no choice so I charged back.

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I've been patient, they are responding to emails on other email accounts of mine so they cannot be that "crushed". Regardless I've been left with no choice so I charged back.

Did you contact an RWI mod? They will help you.

NotPawnStarRick

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/20
From my understanding of their refund process, Puretime is giving a full refund, and has nothing to do with the fees being taken. It’s the credit card processor that charges fees each transaction, whether paying or refunding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
You did a chargeback on a TD without staff approval ? Really ?
If this is true, you do know what's gonna happen next right ?

I kinda wanted to warn them but at this rate...

*jeremy clarkson voice*

I couldn’t be bothered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bill_C

Touliloup

Horology Curious
3/2/20
What a retard... Whining about not being served on time. The other receive their watch doesn't mean that your watch was ready or available!
​​​​​

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Just wanted to give out a warning. I asked for a refund for my PPF Nautillus I ordered just a few days after purchasing due to the corona news. Pure time made a post saying that refunds will be honored with no issue so I emailed them. I was told I would only get back 90% of what I paid because of a “10% credit card fee”. I emailed back saying that there was nothing stated about this in their post. Anyways email after email Jennifer from Pure Time has purposely not responded, she even responds to my other email account just not the one I am requesting the refund on. I stated that I will he left with no choice but to charge back and that I really did not want to do that due to that hurting rep sellers but still no response after 2 weeks of emails. Anyways never had an issue with rep sellers of any kind whether that be for watches or for clothing until this. I’m personally going to stay away from Pure Time.

Also sorry if I used the wrong format or something, this is my first time using this website, I was told to post this here.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please understand none of us want this to happen . This business is not legit and the CC company charges us a transfer fee to process any refunds from our ends. We never ignore any emails unless we have not recieved your email.
We would appreciate a lot if you could wait a bit longer or you can PM me your order number if you need any help from me. Please do not charge back.

shai

Known Member
15/9/15
Whats with the animosity peeps ? There are more bullies on this forum than all of the high schools combined in my suburb I reckon. Why not just help the situation . The man/lady is just starting out and doesnt know what is what ..no need to jump down his/her throat is there? PT responded now and hopefully OP you have your answer here. Why fight on processing fees and please do not say principle of it. You are buying an illegal item, if you are getting back the principal that is a good deal I reckon. You of course might have a different opinion but I would advice you to not charge back and hang around for a bit. Never mind the people who want to kill you :) .. this is a good forum and TDs do not want to lose customers if they can help it . I hope that helps.

Reactions: Migueldef1

shai

Known Member
15/9/15
If you did charge back though then mate you made a mistake. No one here wants that kind of trouble for the TDs or restricting access for the members so any animosity now or in the future will be warranted. Do not make the mistake if you haven't already