• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Order from PT [Sea-Dweller 116600 1:1 Noob V8]

tom_c

Horology Curious
10/12/19
This is my first time ordering from PT and so far the experience has been generally positive. With the time zone differences and heavy holiday orders, I think the communication has been great with PT. Responses to emails have been within (6-12 hours).

I ordered a Sea-Dweller 4000 116600 Noob V8 and recently received the QC pics. Hopefully, I am following the forum guidelines regarding QC but I have two questions I'm hoping the rep experts here can assist me with.

Understandably, this is under heavy magnification but I believe the 6 o'clock marker is crooked. Looking at my gen watch, my gut feeling is at a normal view, it will still be pretty clear that the marker on the dial is just "off". (I have additional QC pics but don't want to flood this thread with them).

Secondly, I have no expectation that the S/D be anywhere near a gen Rolex but what is the proper acceptance of S/D for an Asian 2824 automatic movement at 28800vph? Admittedly, I am no expert but 18.9 s/d seems high.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks for your order . Please directly reply to QC and we will take care of these issues.

tom_c

Horology Curious
10/12/19
Hi all - I just wanted to share my experience with PT before receiving my rep.
  • Order was placed on 12-03-2019
  • Paid via MasterCard and PT confirmed payment on 12-05-2019
  • QC #1 was sent on 12-17-2019 - Rejected due to crooked 6 o'clock marker
  • QC #2 was sent on 01-03-2020 - Asked QC team to fully wind the watch to test S/D because the original QC looked high and Amplitude seemed low
  • QC team was so helpful and sent me an updated S/D and Amplitude test after a full wind of the watch on 01-06-2020 and immediately APPROVED the watch for shipment
  • Received my Sea Dweller 116600 from PT on Saturday, 01-18-2020 via USPS
Overall, I couldn't be happier with ordering my rep from PT. Everyone was incredibly helpful and professional. Everyone from QC team to the Tracking team was top-notch - anyone considering buying from PT but is hesitant due to a select few of complainers and instant-gratification seekers' posts; I can assure you PT is a safe and reputable dealer to purchase your desire rep from. My ONLY comment would be the shipping service from USPS. I wish a shipper like UPS, FedEx, or DHL was used, but cannot speak on why USPS was selected other than possibly a more relaxed customs inspection process.

My package came in an inconspicuous box (which was damaged in the shipping process) but PT did such a good job packing the watch that the heavily dense foam packaging protected all the contents inside. The package may have looked worse than some other USPS packages from PT simply due to me living in an urban city and the volume of packages is likely greater than other parts of the US.

Here are some pics of the watch. After having two links removed, it fits perfectly. Incredibly happy with my purchase and look forward to ordering another rep from PT in the future!
ip1fS.jpg
ipn2Q.jpg
ip66L.jpg
ipylW.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DLASOUL

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks for your order and review. Watch looks beautiful . Enjoy it !!!

FirNaTine23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/20
I don’t see Noob V8 on the site? Sold out or discontinued? I see noob V2 for 258$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk