• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First one delivered. Mixed feelings.

Octobrist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/10/19
Baetica
Well, my first rep arrived from PT just two days ago and, as I said in the title, I've mixed feelings about the purchase.

What I didn't like:
-There are no mentions at the web page about the availability of the watch, but you can find that info in other TD pages. Lesson learned, next time I ask for the info before I place the order.
-I think that when you order a watch they should contact to inform you about the estimated time it will take to get the watch, just a brief email for peace of mind.

What I like:
-They are not going to contact you as I said earlier, but when you email them with a question, including the dumbest one that you could think, the answer from PT is absolutely outstanding. I think that I'm right if I say that the customer service at PureTime is one of the best you can find in the web, fast, friendly and useful. A++++.
-The watch itself. It's a noob PAM 005, a classic super rep, and it is fantastic, no complains about aesthetics and until now it's working flawlessly.
-Delivery time is fantastic. I choose the UK forwarding to avoid problems with the spanish customs and considering that the parcel had to go from China to UK and then to Spain a delivery time less than two weeks is very good. In fact I bought a PAM case opener from Aliexpress that was shipped the same day and I'm still waiting for it.
-The packaging is bomb-proof.

So the question is: will I buy again from PureTime? Well, I'm very happy with the watch and customer service but probably not, I'm afraid.
The reason is that I was charged 332 € when the total amount of the purchase, including shipping, was 321 US$. I think there's no way to justify a price increase of 46 US$ with exchange rates or other fees. I've been shopping online since 1998 using the same type of credit card from the same bank and this had never happened to me.

And that's all. Greetings from Spain. :byebye:

Last edited:

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Credit card fees that high are normal and not puretimes fault. You will have that with every other TD.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Ask for alternative payment options. The credit card processing fees are beyond their control, and truthfully there's been more than a couple instances where shady operators have stolen the credit card info. Your best option would be Western Union or Bitcoin which I believe pure time will actually offer a discount to use.

Octobrist

15/10/19
Baetica
Yes, I understand what you say, but I haven't BTC and PureTime only has the credit card and BTC options as long as I know.

But I repeat, not counting the payment problem, the experience of purchasing at PureTime was fantastic.

5t3f4n

WTB Slevin/Ploprof
21/9/17
Ita - Eu
You can always setup a coinbase account for the BTC, it's not so difficult as it seems if you follow a couple of tutorial on the tube.

tedit

Supporter
12/3/18
Yes, I understand what you say, but I haven't BTC and PureTime only has the credit card and BTC options as long as I know.

But I repeat, not counting the payment problem, the experience of purchasing at PureTime was fantastic.

They also have a bank account:)
For me it’s much cheaper to wire the money via bank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Octobrist

15/10/19
Baetica
They also have a bank account:)
For me it’s much cheaper to wire the money via bank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems that I wasn't in my best state of consciousness at the time of purchase. :biggrin-new:

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please try to use bitcoin next time and you can get a discount for it

No problem, as I said above It could be my fault, I'm afraid. :lolcina: