• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PureTime CAUTION!!! GMT Master II 126710 BLRO Real Ceramic 904L SS Noob

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
KJ need to be added to mods team. Hes knowledge is amazing, he is helpful to everyone and he's just great guy.

KJ2020 I second that! KJ is a pillar of our community, an invaluable resource, and to me a good friend who has gone out of his way to help. Thanks KJ2020!

Reactions: KJ2020

Vitor747

14/1/19
Puerto Rico
KJ2020 I second that! KJ is a pillar of our community, an invaluable resource, and to me a good friend who has gone out of his way to help. Thanks KJ2020!

KJ has been patient with me with all my noob projects and teaching me ins and outs of this hobby
Helping me out and going out of his way a getting me sorted out
He should definitely be added to the mod team
Thanks KJ2020!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prowatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/9/19
Thanks gang!
Can anyone point me in the direction of the Mods?

prowatch

29/9/19
OK, calm down bro. Your watch probably came to you like it should.

First, are you familiar with the various Rolex GMT movements both rep and gen? Do you know how they set time? I see you just joined recently so maybe you didn't research your purchase as thoroughly as you might have, and maybe you don't know how the gen 3285 sets time.

There are several good threads running concerning Rolex GMTs, and the watch you bought in particular. I will post some links for you to look at below. In the meantime, know this:

1. The gen 3285 advances hands forward by anti-clockwise crown rotation.

2. There are no rep 3285 movements. Yours in an ETA 2824 CHS which quite coincidentally happens to also advance hands by anti-clockwise crown rotation.

3. ETA CHS movements are very fragile and need to be manipulated with kid gloves and in very specific ways to keep them from breaking.

4. You CAN in fact " turn it clockwise to adjust hours (not date) easily, same adjusting as genuine" although I'm betting Puretime did not actually know this when they made this claim. This is standard verbiage written for another GMT rep movement, the A3186. TD websites often have errors relating to movements or features and it's incumbent on you to do your due diligence and research to know what you are buying.

5. No TD is going to advertise that the ETA 2824 CHS movement that you bought is a timebomb, nor will they offer what precautions you should take to maximize its longevity.

6. You got the watch you paid for. You may have broken it already by manipulating it improperly. There are no aftermarket CHS movements available, your best bet to find one is the very source you are unabashedly bashing. A post like yours is not the way to handle your issue.

Read some more here and educate yourself better next time. Unfortunately for you the watch you bought this time needed a lot more prep work than you gave it.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...a3186-movement

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ts-are-failing

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...is-it-possible

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-noob-pepsi-gmt-126710-blro-mini-review/page1

https://youtu.be/j_O0-2Q9pV8

Don't give up on this watch or reps in general. Learn from this experience.

Cheers[/QUOTE

Thanks KF, youre a legend mate!!

prowatch

29/9/19
OK, calm down bro. Your watch probably came to you like it should.

First, are you familiar with the various Rolex GMT movements both rep and gen? Do you know how they set time? I see you just joined recently so maybe you didn't research your purchase as thoroughly as you might have, and maybe you don't know how the gen 3285 sets time.

There are several good threads running concerning Rolex GMTs, and the watch you bought in particular. I will post some links for you to look at below. In the meantime, know this:

1. The gen 3285 advances hands forward by anti-clockwise crown rotation.

2. There are no rep 3285 movements. Yours in an ETA 2824 CHS which quite coincidentally happens to also advance hands by anti-clockwise crown rotation.

3. ETA CHS movements are very fragile and need to be manipulated with kid gloves and in very specific ways to keep them from breaking.

4. You CAN in fact " turn it clockwise to adjust hours (not date) easily, same adjusting as genuine" although I'm betting Puretime did not actually know this when they made this claim. This is standard verbiage written for another GMT rep movement, the A3186. TD websites often have errors relating to movements or features and it's incumbent on you to do your due diligence and research to know what you are buying.

5. No TD is going to advertise that the ETA 2824 CHS movement that you bought is a timebomb, nor will they offer what precautions you should take to maximize its longevity.

6. You got the watch you paid for. You may have broken it already by manipulating it improperly. There are no aftermarket CHS movements available, your best bet to find one is the very source you are unabashedly bashing. A post like yours is not the way to handle your issue.

Read some more here and educate yourself better next time. Unfortunately for you the watch you bought this time needed a lot more prep work than you gave it.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...a3186-movement

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ts-are-failing

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...is-it-possible

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-noob-pepsi-gmt-126710-blro-mini-review/page1

https://youtu.be/j_O0-2Q9pV8

Don't give up on this watch or reps in general. Learn from this experience.

Cheers[/QUOTE

Thanks Kj, youre a legend mate!!

Reactions: KJ2020

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
KJ need to be added to mods team. Hes knowledge is amazing, he is helpful to everyone and he's just great guy.

Agreed. KJ always comments with good info.

The datewheel could have just gotten disengaged during shipment or it went to a warm place and then got cold really fast via air shipping and the glue that is holding the overlay in place could have gotten frozen or not attached anymore. Shit happens when you buy illegal counterfeit watches.
If you were buying drugs from a dealer and it’s not a potent as the dealer says it is, would you track him down and expect a refund? It’s an exaggerated comparison but similar concept.

The TD will eventually get back to you. You have to remember, they probably receive 100s if not 1000s of PMs and emails. They can’t immediately respond all the time. Most of these TDs are 1 or 2 person “shops”. They don’t have a dedicated customer support team to deal with issues. They go 1 at a time. They will get back to you eventually.

Honestly though, you will probably be better off having a modder repair it for you rather than shipping it back to China and back. No customs risk and nowhere near the wait time you would have if you shipped it back.

In the meantime, I would leave that watch alone and sit it face up in case it was a glue overlay issue. It may get bonded again.

Hope it works out though.

1675Fanboy

3/9/15
@ OP mine broke within 2 minutes of arrival. But I did my research and knew what I was getting into with the CHS time bomb. But I hoped I’d be one of the lucky ones whom have had no issues. So, whilst I’m pissed off it broke I knew there was no comeback with the dealer.

Bought myself an ICHS movement and will swap out the crapped out one. Not ideal but gives me a reliable and useable watch.

Also, KJ2020 gets my vote also as a future mod. Great guy and knows his stuff!!

bc1221

30/4/14

Agreed. KJ always comments with good info.

The datewheel could have just gotten disengaged during shipment or it went to a warm place and then got cold really fast via air shipping and the glue that is holding the overlay in place could have gotten frozen or not attached anymore. Shit happens when you buy illegal counterfeit watches.
If you were buying drugs from a dealer and it’s not a potent as the dealer says it is, would you track him down and expect a refund? It’s an exaggerated comparison but similar concept.

The TD will eventually get back to you. You have to remember, they probably receive 100s if not 1000s of PMs and emails. They can’t immediately respond all the time. Most of these TDs are 1 or 2 person “shops”. They don’t have a dedicated customer support team to deal with issues. They go 1 at a time. They will get back to you eventually.

Honestly though, you will probably be better off having a modder repair it for you rather than shipping it back to China and back. No customs risk and nowhere near the wait time you would have if you shipped it back.

In the meantime, I would leave that watch alone and sit it face up in case it was a glue overlay issue. It may get bonded again.

Hope it works out though.

devilpro7

25/9/19
My thank to KJ. Never thought we have to set time and date in the right way to prevent breaking watches...

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
What comes with being a mod? I'd hate to see KJ move to being a mod only to not have the time to help every single person on this board with every single question about every single watch.

He knows every watch in and out. He's too valuable to be bothered with modsense.

As far as the op goes, sometimes when you start complaining about ridiculous things irrationally, you lose credibility with legitimate concerns.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

kevinho

9/7/19
Germany
The crux of it is - puretime should be stripped of there TD status if they cannot operate in a fair manner, if they misrepresent facts on their websites, and if they think they can cheat people within our family.

Puretime don’t get TD for no reason, check out KJs post.

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Relax. This rep game is expensive and unreliable. Unfortunate things do happens to many of us but most of the time there is solution.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Last edited:
Reactions: TESLA760

Swiss Maiden

20/9/19
giphy.gif

1.) I am not sure why, but I find this GIF incredibly funny.

2.) I definitely understand OPs frustration, and wish him the best in the resolution of this issue. The GMT is one of most "intricate" reps due to the vast variety of movements, and potential downfalls like the timebomb. Certainly not a "noob" friendly rep....

3.) KJ2020 is doing a great job educating people about the GMT specifics.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
OMG...another cash poor noobie who wants to look rich by buying a fake rolex. The fake rolex arrived broken, and now he lost his hard-earned money after working over time serving food and drinks.

Relax. This rep game is expensive and unreliable. Unfortunate things do happens to many of us but most of the time there is solution.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Don’t be an asshole and stop judging bro!