• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Order Patek Philippe 5711 Nautilus PPF stopped working after 3 days

frank-white

Horology Curious
10/9/19
Hi,
I must say, I am really disappointed.
I bought this beautiful watch a few weeks ago and it finally arrived 3 days ago. Optically its brilliant, looks amazing and really beautiful. But this morning When I wanted to wear it and I started setting the time I noticed the second hand not moving. I tried everything, shaking the watch, resetting etc. But it just seems that only After 3 days the watch stopped working.. I am really disappointed and already Messaged the repair email of puretime. I really would just love to wear the watch and not have to resend it to them and wait a few More Weeks..

Reactions: Kbarbee

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
This might sound like a silly question, but you've mentioned shaking the watch but not winding it, have you tried manually winding the watch

frank-white

Horology Curious
10/9/19
Yes, manually winding the watch was the first thing I did. thought it would be obvious thats why i didnt mention it

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
You'd think it would be obvious but you'd be surprised how many people especially those new to mechanical watches, think an automatic movement cannot be manually wound, just a thought, good luck with your problem

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Hi,
I must say, I am really disappointed.
I bought this beautiful watch a few weeks ago and it finally arrived 3 days ago. Optically its brilliant, looks amazing and really beautiful. But this morning When I wanted to wear it and I started setting the time I noticed the second hand not moving. I tried everything, shaking the watch, resetting etc. But it just seems that only After 3 days the watch stopped working.. I am really disappointed and already Messaged the repair email of puretime. I really would just love to wear the watch and not have to resend it to them and wait a few More Weeks..

I am sorry for what happened. Please PM me your order number or email us . We will disccuss further

frank-white

Horology Curious
10/9/19
I am sorry for what happened. Please PM me your order number or email us . We will disccuss further

Hey,
I sent you the PM a few hours ago with the order#. Hopefully we get this fixed. I'll let you guys informed here in the thread.

frank-white

Horology Curious
10/9/19
Update:
puretime messaged me and asked me to bring it to a nearby watch smith because the problem would sound like a simple solution that wouldn't be worth the long package travel and customs risk, so I went to my local watch smith and he repaired it and charged 50 euros extra..

tbh, i am not even mad, its what you have to expect when buying a replica watch but I hope for my next order coming in the watch won't have any problems and puretime checks it better while QC
(I already ordered a second watch)

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
be prepared to have similar things happen once in a while
the QC of any TD will not be able to detect internal defects or dirt or bad assembly since in order to do so they'd need to dissassemble the movement
they just inspect the exterior and put it on a timegrapher and if the values do not show anything obviously wrong they will let it go
keep fingers crossed that your next watch arrives intact and stay like that for a couple of years

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Update:
puretime messaged me and asked me to bring it to a nearby watch smith because the problem would sound like a simple solution that wouldn't be worth the long package travel and customs risk, so I went to my local watch smith and he repaired it and charged 50 euros extra..

tbh, i am not even mad, its what you have to expect when buying a replica watch but I hope for my next order coming in the watch won't have any problems and puretime checks it better while QC
(I already ordered a second watch)

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation. Please do let me know if you need more help from me

Orlinski

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Seems that any rep purchased should go to watch smith first to check it, clean it and if possible properly seal it.
As far as I understood from others' experiences.
Probably TD should indicate this as part of routine that buyers should pursue locally when they receive their rep.
Yes, it adds some costs and dramatically reduces frustration.

Last edited:

frank-white

Horology Curious
10/9/19
Seems that any rep purchased should go to watch smith first to check it, clean it and if possible properly seal it.
As far as I understood from others' experiences.
Probably TD should indicate this as part of routine that buyers should pursue locally when they receive their rep.
Yes, it adds some costs and dramatically reduces frustration.

True, I am def. going to do that with my second watch arriving this month.