• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PureTime purchase review : AP Royal Oak 15400 Blue V5

QCdn

Horology Curious
12/7/19
Paris
Hi everyone,

I recently decided to purchase the AP Royal Oak 41mm 15400 SS JF 1:1 Best Edition Blue Textured Dial on SS Bracelet A3120 V5 from PureTime
I chose this TD because the reviews were great, their website is nicely built and they are said to have excellent service and communication.
First thing, it is actually true that their communication is great. Elena from QC is professional and responsive.
:drinks_cheers:
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

I ordered the watch around August 8th. Proceeded via Bitcoin. Payment was received on 14th.
First QC pictures received on 15th. Very efficient.

:goodluck: The watch looked awesome. Details, mechanism decoration, labels looked perfect.
However I chose to refuse the watch as the 3 o'clock dial mark was not straight. (See pic 1 below)
PT insisted that the watched looked very good (which I reckon today is true, given what happened later on), but they kindly agreed to try another one.

:goodluck: I received the second batch of QC pics a few days later.
This time, the watch looked once more awesome, except one evident and obvious flaw, the AP logo was seriously flawed, leans to the right... (See pics 2-3 below)
I argued with Elena that this was a material issue/flaw, and she kindly asked for a third watch. I guess/reckon they normally don't order/try more than 2 watches for one customer.

:goodluck: I received the third batch of QC pics a few days later.
The watch was effectively a new one, but presenting the exact same (and obvious) issue. Once more, the AP logo leans dramatically to the right. (See pic 4 below)

:confused: I must say I am a bit troubled by this situation.
I do not think I was being picky or too demanding (even if I now realize that the first one was really good compared to the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP])

But I now have two big questions :
1 - How can the factory make such beautiful and detailed watches (labels, mechanism decorations), and at the same time totally miss the basic dial stuff (logo, hour marks)
2 - How is it possible that the factory (or the QC guy) let pass through such obviously flawed products (talking about 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] watches here), shouldn’t they have internal controls ?

I must insist that besides all this, PureTime (and Elena) stayed extremely professional, and that it is a pleasure to deal with them.
I will keep you posted

Q

EDIT: ALL PICS are here:

h [REMOVE SPACE] ttps://imgur.com/a/zifwCzL

Last edited:

QCdn

Horology Curious
12/7/19
Paris
I am struggling to upload pics
Their Upload service is not working, nor is the Embeded feature
Raw IMGUR links do not work either

ALL PICS are here:

h [REMOVE SPACE] ttps://imgur.com/a/zifwCzL

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharkhuggr

gotgame

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/12/17
The first one looked pretty good. I personally would accept that.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I agree the first one looks acceptable. We don't store watches and we get them from factories. They arrange these randomly .People think differently and some people will consider them as good. We will try one more time if you can not approve any of these :) No worries

Connected2

Looking Around
8/8/19
Honestly,

First one looks great, the very very slight angle on that 3 O'clock is probably not even noticeable on-wrist except when zooming in with a camera.

If i were you i'd have GL'd the first one, the AP logo being on a lean is FAR worse in my opinion.

QCdn

Horology Curious
12/7/19
Paris
Honestly,

First one looks great, the very very slight angle on that 3 O'clock is probably not even noticeable on-wrist except when zooming in with a camera.

If i were you i'd have GL'd the first one, the AP logo being on a lean is FAR worse in my opinion.

I agree the first one looks acceptable. We don't store watches and we get them from factories. They arrange these randomly .People think differently and some people will consider them as good. We will try one more time if you can not approve any of these :) No worries

I kind of agree with you guys
I will wait for Elena's answer and see what to do
Thanks

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
No problem. I believe we will finally work this out together

QCdn

Horology Curious
12/7/19
Paris
Update : September 1st
New QC pics arrived.
The watch looks amazing. It's perfect.
Tracking number arrived 48h later

Feeling excited

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
:) Please wait in patience and hope you will recieve it very soon

QCdn

Horology Curious
12/7/19
Paris
Update :
Tracking number was provided on Sept 3rd
Tracking said "Left China" on Sept 6th

We are Sept 17th and no news so far...
I chose EU DIRECT shipping

They said on PT that usual delivery time is 7-10 business days
I guess I should give it a few more days...

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
It usually will be updated until it arrives at destination country. Please wait in patience :)