• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3rd rep (1st from PureTime) Datejust 36mm 116234 ARF

RobLive7

Known Member
28/10/15
Sydney, Australia
I have ordered a gen white baton (stick) dial + a gen datewheel for my ARF.
I’ve also ordered a gen mounting plate (3135-600) because I’ve been told that the ARF sits a little deeper than gen so that will make sure the date wheel sits nice and plumb up next to the back of the dial.
Have also ordered a gen date jumper to (3135-614).
Will post more photos of the completed 116234 Frankel once I’ve got it all installed.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

RobLive7

Known Member
28/10/15
Sydney, Australia
Oh and I forgot to mention that I also considered ordering a gen crystal but read that others think the ARF crystal looks pretty good/close especially when paired with a white dial.
So I’ll see how all the gen parts I’ve ordered look together with the rep crystal

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Oh and I forgot to mention that I also considered ordering a gen crystal but read that others think the ARF crystal looks pretty good/close especially when paired with a white dial.
So I’ll see how all the gen parts I’ve ordered look together with the rep crystal

Will basically be 1:1 with the gen crystal imho

Mine says hello!

fea28e8ab6e8d7ada00cf6c8d354e9b0.jpg

Reactions: RobLive7

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06

Good luck with this!!! I will be expecting the pictures when it's done :)

Reactions: RobLive7

Pebble1

Known Member
3/7/19
RobLive7 my jubilee bracelet is sharp at the joints/edges. Wearing it is not comfortable. do you have any tip to wear it down to 'smoothen' it out? :D

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
RobLive7 my jubilee bracelet is sharp at the joints/edges. Wearing it is not comfortable. do you have any tip to wear it down to 'smoothen' it out? :D

I agree bracelet edges are not as soft as gen. Looked at a gen today. Some observations comparing to ARF. Bracelet edges are more soft but ARF bracelet still the closest rep. Gen rehaut looks different but ARF rehaut seems luxury quality in its own way. Gen clasp click feels different than rep click. Other than that they are so close

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I agree bracelet edges are not as soft as gen. Looked at a gen today. Some observations comparing to ARF. Bracelet edges are more soft but ARF bracelet still the closest rep. Gen rehaut looks different but ARF rehaut seems luxury quality in its own way. Gen clasp click feels different than rep click. Other than that they are so close

Thanks for the info.It's very helpful. ARF datejust is the cloest to original and best quality we are selling

RobLive7

Known Member
28/10/15
Sydney, Australia

Sorry to hear that you find your bracelet edges a little on the sharp side. I personally quite like how defined they are, and I wear my bracelet quite loose. Perhaps you could add one link and see if that’s more comfortable?

Sent from the RWI App

Pebble1

Known Member
3/7/19
Sorry to hear that you find your bracelet edges a little on the sharp side. I personally quite like how defined they are, and I wear my bracelet quite loose. Perhaps you could add one link and see if that’s more comfortable?

Sent from the RWI App

Ya bro just did that. i actually like to wear my watch fit but now have to wear it loose. No choice, now its bearable.
Am rubbing those stationary rubber eraser all over the jubilee bracelet edges to deburr or accelerate wear and tear usage.
It helps a bit but very slow process.

if anyone have a better method please share? Am considering replacing them with a leather strap but I am not sure.

Reactions: masterpiece777

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Ya bro just did that. i actually like to wear my watch fit but now have to wear it loose. No choice, now its bearable.
Am rubbing those stationary rubber eraser all over the jubilee bracelet edges to deburr or accelerate wear and tear usage.
It helps a bit but very slow process.

if anyone have a better method please share? Am considering replacing them with a leather strap but I am not sure.

Dremel then polishing cloth will prob do it but you’d have to be very careful not to work the brushed side too much

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Thanks for the info.It's very helpful. ARF datejust is the cloest to original and best quality we are selling

Yes it’s been my opinion for a while ARF datejust 36 with good datewheel and upgraded crystal is the closest rep.

dalp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/7/19
I have ordered a gen white baton (stick) dial + a gen datewheel for my ARF.
I’ve also ordered a gen mounting plate (3135-600) because I’ve been told that the ARF sits a little deeper than gen so that will make sure the date wheel sits nice and plumb up next to the back of the dial.
Have also ordered a gen date jumper to (3135-614).
Will post more photos of the completed 116234 Frankel once I’ve got it all installed.

where did you order a genuine datewheel and cyclops? I would have the same job on mine. thanks

RobLive7

Known Member
28/10/15
Sydney, Australia
where did you order a genuine datewheel and cyclops? I would have the same job on mine. thanks

I got both of mine via ebay mate
You could get lucky browsing the sales section of the RWI forum, or even the Rolex forum, but I didn't want to wait
The prices are pretty reasonable
All the parts I purchased were genuine EXCEPT the crystal - but I'm very happy with the generic crystal I got here:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/25-295-...Clark-Sapphire-crystal-for-Rolex/233317355192
saw it recommended on a different rep forum and thought id give it a chance since it was one tenth the price of a gen

dalp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/7/19
You could get lucky browsing the sales section of the RWI forum, or even the Rolex forum, but I didn't want to wait
All the parts I purchased were genuine EXCEPT the crystal - but I'm very happy with the generic crystal I got here:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/25-295-...Clark-Sapphire-crystal-for-Rolex/233317355192
saw it recommended on a different rep forum and thought id give it a chance since it was one tenth the price of a gen

thank you for the advice!

Yona24

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/4/19

did the ARF gasket work with the clarks crystal?