• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BREITLING SUPEROCEAN A2824 NOT WORkING AFTER 2MONTHS

sulleytrim

Horology Curious
3/3/19
Hi All,

I purchased a beautiful looking Breitling Superocean from pure time back in April. I don't wear it much, only when going out and on special occasion. The movement it came with is a A2824. Unfortunately when I fully wind the watch and take it off at night it is completely dead the next day. I could have lived with setting the time and winding it every morning, but just this today it stopped working all together and there is something loose inside! The watch never dropped or got a bang do I am very very disappointed.

Last edited:

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
If it can’t hold a charge (as it stops overnight) it might be that the rotor has come loose. Take the case back of and have a look. There might also be something (presumably the rotor screw) stuck in the balance now preventing the watch from running. Good luck!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
No worries, mate! I hope you get your watch fixed soon. I, for one, love my Breitlings and would feel like crap if one of them died on me.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Pierre Le Trek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/3/19
UK
kryckan13 thanks for the advise. I think I'm gonna bring it to a watch Smith.

Let us know how you get on and what the problem was. I have a Breitling with a 2824 on the way so it would be interesting to know just in case I get the same thing down the road.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Hi All,

I purchased a beautiful looking Breitling Superocean from pure time back in April. I don't wear it much, only when going out and on special occasion. The movement it came with is a A2824. Unfortunately when I fully wind the watch and take it off at night it is completely dead the next day. I could have lived with setting the time and winding it every morning, but just this today it stopped working all together and there is something loose inside! The watch never dropped or got a bang do I am very very disappointed.

I am sorry for what happened. Please PM me your order number and we can discuss further through PM