• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First time PureTime Buyer - Audemar Piguet Royal Oak 41mm V5 2019

x7ap

Horology Curious
17/6/19
Hi just wanted to start a post on the community. Big watch fan - one of my fav is the AP Royal Oak White face/ Stainless steel.

Decided to give PureTime a go simply as they seem as one of the more longer standing trusted sellers here.

timeline so far so good.

Watch ordered through website SAT 15/06/19 (email confirmation received.)

Got a payment request email from Shuang (Bitcoin) MON 17/6/19

I responded asking to confirm the watch is available as I have seen many posts on here of customers paying and waiting a while for QC. (though these are properly the mastercard payments as they are taken at time of order, whereas bitcoin amount is requested after the order).

One question I will ask if anyone could help is how will I be able to confirm that I will be receiving the latest updated version of the watch which is 458$ rather than the 408$ previous version?

Thanks for any responses

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks for your order. We will process it as soon as possible and will make sure you get the latest updated version. No worries

x7ap

Horology Curious
17/6/19
So far so good, service has been good. Received confirmation of stock the next day (Time zone difference) and I have just made payment. So the time scale is quite quick, contrary to what I have read in previous Posts. I will update with QC and final arrival. :cool:

x7ap

Horology Curious
17/6/19
Update: received my watch this morning and before opening the parcel I could hear a noise coming from inside. Upon opening (I was expecting the original packaging btw as this is what I’ve got with cheaper reps but hey I’m here for the watch not the box right)

you could see it was the self winding mechanism at the back of the watch making a loud noise when it turns. Heres a video i took to display the issue (2nd watch in video is a 5 year old cheap rep, used for comparison)

I have emailed all this over to Puretime this morning so lets see how they can resolve this. Cant believe they would send a watch with a fault like this, hope it can be resolved without more expense.

If anyone has any advice or guidance it would be appreciated

thanks

Vintage Lover

Known Member
5/6/17
EU
This is very common. I can't believe you are surprised by this? There are SO many threads and comments about this "issue" here at RWI. What most people do with their RO's with the Miyota 9015 is to get them silenced. Some people can do it themselves but most people give it to a watchmaker to get it done. For more info search about it here at the forum.

Reactions: x7ap

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I am sorry to hear that you are not pleased with the movement. However, this is a normal thing and very common issue for Miyota movement. if the noise bothers you, you may try to ask a watchsmith to oil the rotor pin. It could reduce the sound but may not make it completely silent.

x7ap

Horology Curious
17/6/19
This is very common. I can't believe you are surprised by this? There are SO many threads and comments about this "issue" here at RWI. What most people do with their RO's with the Miyota 9015 is to get them silenced. Some people can do it themselves but most people give it to a watchmaker to get it done. For more info search about it here at the forum.

Thanks for the response and advice, i will search for posts on diy silencing.

Didn't expect it on a newly designed rep (2019). If this is a known issue why isn’t the factory or trusted dealers rectifying this or at least warning customers at time of purchase. No one can be expected to walk around with what sounds like a sanding rotor on there wrist.

failing the diy can anyone recommend a good watchmaker in London that can do this for me? Sorry im a noob to this community

thanks

SugesD

Horology Curious
30/6/19

Didn't expect it on a newly designed rep (2019). If this is a known issue why isn’t the factory or trusted dealers rectifying this or at least warning customers at time of purchase. No one can be expected to walk around with what sounds like a sanding rotor on there wrist.

failing the diy can anyone recommend a good watchmaker in London that can do this for me? Sorry im a noob to this community

thanks

Hey! A quick question for you if you don't mind. How long did it take for Puretime to confirm that your order was being processed after you had paid? I sent payment 2 days ago and have not received any confirmation from the Puretime team yet. In fact, my original email address appears to have been blocked. :( I've reached out to the billing team on another email address of mine with payment details as requested. Just curious as to what the timeline looked like on your end, or if you had any issues with a blocked email address. Thanks in advance for any insight you may have!

Vintage Lover

Known Member
5/6/17
EU
Hehehe. On what ground are you basing what you can and can not expect or do in the world of fake watches?. You are paying almost nothing for this almost perfect rep compared to the gen. If it has a little noisy rotor that can be solved for a few dollars who cares? Fix it, enjoy it and don't worry about it. That's my advice to you mate ;)

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06

thanks

Friend, people will buy it straightly from our website. And usually they have done a lot of researches before starting to buy it. I think this is a very known issue in this rep world. if you have checked about the movement with us before ordering, we should have warned you.

Knightley

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/5/19

thanks

Common problem buddy. I just got mine as well. I'll check with my watchmaker tomorrow if he can get it done on the spot. Im going to london (central) end of the month so probably you can PM me & we'll arrange something.

x7ap

Horology Curious
17/6/19
UPDATE: I managed to follow DIY's on this forum and have the watch silenced (80% more quiet).

Overall it is a very nice watch/rep, the only let downs was of course the loud noise of the movement and the lack/low level packaging supplied.

If any one needs help or has any questions feel free to PM me.

Im moving on to try and secure a AP travel case so I have somthing decent to put it in. They sell for approx. £150 on ebay which I find mad since Audemars Piguet give them out with ever service. If any one is selling one of these at a decent price DM me!

New-Genuine-Audemars-Piguet-Travel-Box-Case-Leather.jpg

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I am glad to know you have silenced the movement .Enjoy the watch!!!