• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Really Bad Experience

lecharlton

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/3/19
Ordered two watches, one quite expensive. They took the £1,000 straight away then said the expensive watch was out of stock and I had to choose something else.

I eventually was told that my 5th choice was in stock (Conclusion is they have hardly any good stock of what is on their website)

This left a big price difference of approx £300. I kindly asked for this to be a partial refund, they said they would.

Its been 2 months and after chasing on RWI and directly no refund has been received.

I sell regularly to China with my job and Chinese buyers and businesses have absolutely no problem paying me within minutes. I actually think that after waiting for over 2 months for a refund after several empty promises from Puretime I'm entitled to question their integrity as a "Trusted Dealer" and to feel as though I am being scammed.

Over the past two months out of respect I have kept all comms respectful and private ( I would implore any moderator to look at my PM's as evidence) but I think Puretime is taking advantage of my good nature.

Dont know whether its worth raising a ticket, never done it before or whether to just do a chargeback.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Did you ask for availability of the watches before you ordered? What does Puretime say about the refund?
Time for calling in the mods bro...this is not good.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Did you ask for availability of the watches before you ordered? What does Puretime say about the refund?

Also re your they don't have any stock comment . You do realise TD's ' DON'T ' hold stock , they take your money then source your watch .

You have now received your two watches but are are £300 out of pocket if I read your post correctly . Then it is time to raise and ticket and let the forum mods help you sort it out . Also might now be worth posting in the PT section they usually reply quickly if posted publicly to customers .

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think

Sorry mate but the whole asking for availability is kinda pointless, as seen countless other times here since many people ask for availability and after paying they receive negative answer, it's a matter of reliability.

This is kinda bad imho, stuff like this seems to be happening quite often recently, i don't really fell good to order again from tds in the next future

Reactions: lecharlton

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Firstly of all I am sorry about this but we never keep a customer's money, we always refund immediately or we refund the difference once we ship.

Here is the payment info from the credit card processor, for some reasons they have not translated the term "refunded" but you can google it if you doubt it.

You can see we had partially refunded your payment once we shipped your package. We dont have your money and I dont know why you have not received your refund yet, I just checked with the payment processor and hopefully they can find out why.

Please be assured PureTime will NEVER EVER scam anyone.

Please do check your credit card statement again for the name "Bright Forest", you might miss it since it is not related to PureTime or watches.

In the same time we have had the card processor to check with the bank as well.

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

lecharlton

27/3/19
Hi

Yes you sent this before - I think its been 9 weeks since the order and over 5 weeks since you said the refund was processed.

I have been looking for the refund every day and in reflection think Ive been relatively patient.

To clarify I never said I was SCAMMED, I merely said I feel SCAMMED, which in light of the facts would be how the average person would feel at this stage.

Is there a unique transaction number associated with the refund that my bank can audit?

I would be happy to send originals of my past 6 weeks banks statements to a UK mod in the spirit of transparency

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
There is no transaction number, friend. I will let you know if our payment processor will find out why. In the meantime please ask your bank to double check it for you as well.

lecharlton

27/3/19
Hi

I review my bank statements online daily. Transactions from China to UK take one to fives days. Given the nature of the items I purchased I waited several weeks.

Nothing has been received. Every transaction has a UTR number, if you give me this then I can ask my bank to investigate.

I can only assume you have made a mistake your end and the refund has not been made. The screen print you sent isn't evidence it was successfully processed.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Hi

I review my bank statements online daily. Transactions from China to UK take one to fives days. Given the nature of the items I purchased I waited several weeks.

Nothing has been received. Every transaction has a UTR number, if you give me this then I can ask my bank to investigate.

I can only assume you have made a mistake your end and the refund has not been made. The screen print you sent isn't evidence it was successfully processed.

Bro please understand we are not the merchant, the banks will not take us as direct customers, we have to go through those payment processors like the one I am using, and I am not the only dealer using their service, so we do not have the UTR number you mentioned.

I dont know what mistake I could have made on my end, I clicked refund and input the numbers and that's it.

Here is the screen shot of the conversations between me and the payment processor with translation, you can ask someone who understands Chinese to translate for you if you do not trust me.

I will let you know once the payment processor gets back to me.

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

lecharlton

27/3/19
I did a search for Bright Forest - There is only one transaction for the payment you originally took of £1,015

Please let me know what the payment processor says.

Have you checked your own account balance to see of the money has actually been taken from your account and on what date? This would at least be evidence that it has been taken.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I did a search for Bright Forest - There is only one transaction for the payment you originally took of £1,015

Please let me know what the payment processor says.

Have you checked your own account balance to see of the money has actually been taken from your account and on what date? This would at least be evidence that it has been taken.

Yes the amount was automatically deducted once I submitted the refund. I have just asked the payment processor again today and they said they have not got the response yet and he will keep asking.

Let's do it this way, if you do not receive the refund by 15th June, I will send you a PayPal payment of the same amount, and if you received the refund afterwards, you can just refund the PayPal payment to me. How does it sound?