• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying from PureTime for the first time in 2 years.

lenart98

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/9/17
No, I have been watching watch clips on youtube. No time for Marvel.

sergiofp94

11/2/19
Spain
Hello guys, I just bought form Puretime (1st time with this TD), and I actually find this "play-by-play" thing that you are talking about pretty helpful, specially for very unexperienced people.
There's tons of info about the purchase procedure in this forum, but for newes it is too much info to handle at once, so this kind of threads are pretty good for them, as they were for me at the very begining,

Thanks for the experience review lenart98

lenart98

3/9/17
Finally my watch arrived ...... but ..... after unpacking ...... there seems to be a problem with the bezel. I have contacted QC and repair and waiting to hear back from them. Will post here as soon as I find out more. Bummer.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Finally my watch arrived ...... but ..... after unpacking ...... there seems to be a problem with the bezel. I have contacted QC and repair and waiting to hear back from them. Will post here as soon as I find out more. Bummer.

Sorry to hear that. Please PM me your oder number and we will work this out together

lenart98

3/9/17
Final update - The watch itself is nice but the bezel has a huge gap on one side and clicks. PT offered to send it back for repair but after a lot of digging and trying to avoid my questions for who carries the risk of shipping, told me if for some reason it gets seized by Chinese customs they MIGHT consider to pay for half of a new one. That's too much of a risk for me so I offered to get it locally fixed but PT would only offer a max of $40 store credit towards a new watch.

But besides all this, my BIGGEST gripe is PT's QC. There is no way they didn't notice the big gap in the bezel yet they shipped it out anyway. Reading other reviews where customers even email QC that they reject the watch, yet PT still sends them out, pretending they didn't get the e-mail (By the way - this also happened to me 2 years ago - how convenient). I wonder if they calculate that you as the customer might not ship it back for repair anyway, due to the risks involved and the amount of money you could potentially loose + Plus it would have cost me $89 to ship it registered mail. So, now I am sitting on a $478 watch with cheap looking, feeling, and sounding bezel which makes the entire watch look and feel cheaper than a $40 dhgate watch. What made me the most upset was when communicating with Angus and how he was making excuses that he makes at most $50 on a watch and can't offer me a better solution. Well buddy, that's business. If you screw up you better fess up and do everything to make it up to your customer or you loose them. I am in business myself and that's the extra mile we go for our customers, even if we loose money on that one deal, knowing the customer will be happy and back again in the future. I don't know why Admin considers PT as a TD when there seem to be so many negative experiences from other forum members but could monetary support and contributions play a role?? Has a TD every lost their TD standing??

There is just NO way QC missed that gap in the bezel as this was the very first thing I noticed 10 seconds after I unboxed the watch and I don't consider myself a watch expert like PT. When bringing this up with Angus he always avoided talking about QC and not once apologized that they missed such an obvious fault with the watch. What exactly is QC for than, I wonder? If it really was a mistake than PT should stand to their promise and make it good and not tell me that if custom seizes it on the return they may consider paying for half of a new one. They should stand behind what they sell 100% and not only 50%. Maybe I just have a different definition of what a TD should be but here you have it. A true TD IMO should not just rely on sending you QC pictures, which can't always catch certain defects but should make sure the watch doesn't have obvious faults, like a bent bezel that is not obvious from the QC picture angles.

Anyway, this was my PT experience on the very first watch after not having bought anything for 2 years from them, and my honest review of what has happened. If you want to, I can PM you the communication between PT and me. What are the chances, right? Not. Could it be that sending it back to the factory is more costly than to just send it out to the customer anyway? After extensive research on this forum for experiences with PT I just don't trust this TD anymore. I got all the evidence I need that it's a big gamble with PT whether you get a watch in a perfect condition or whether you are stuck with throwing more money at it for shipping back or repair locally and I also have a very bitter after taste in my mouth. Don't even want to pick up the watch, that's how much I despise it for the cheap bezel look and clicking noises each time you touch the bezel. Thank you PureTime for making this hobby so enjoyable.

Last edited:

lenart98

3/9/17

Left - you can clearly see the gap under the bezel Right - when you push on the bezel it makes an audible click and sits tight how it should, yet when I let go the gap opens up again. And QC did not see this??? THAT is the real issue here. This watch should NEVER have been released by PT. It's not like there is something wrong with the watch on the inside where it's hard to notice or something happened during shipping as it was very well packaged and secured. I actually venture as far as to say that PT shipped this watch despite them knowing there was a gap. The only other option: they don't know watches and they don't know how to do QC. Pick one.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Man. That really sucks.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13

Left - you can clearly see the gap under the bezel Right - when you push on the bezel it makes an audible click and sits tight how it should, yet when I let go the gap opens up again. And QC did not see this??? THAT is the real issue here. This watch should NEVER have been released by PT. It's not like there is something wrong with the watch on the inside where it's hard to notice or something happened during shipping as it was very well packaged and secured. I actually venture as far as to say that PT shipped this watch despite them knowing there was a gap. The only other option: they don't know watches and they don't know how to do QC. Pick one.
Lmao don't know watches not a hobby for you I am afraid

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Reactions: Tucker

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
It was Jennifer you were talking to on PM, she helps me with easy questions.

Luckily you didnt accept the deals or we will both lose money and time on this watch. I wonder if you own any genuine Rolex watch with rotating bezels? Or if you own any Rolex replicas with rotating bezels? EVERY watch has that gap under the bezels, you can push it down and move the bezel a tiny little bit, go to any Rolex AD and check it out by yourself.

I have an image of a gen DSSD in my PC and you can see the gap under the bezel:
The size of the gap of a rep could be slightly wider than the genuine but it is absolutely normal, you can happily wear your watch, no worries.

I think you are not old enough to see TDs lost their TD statuses, I am still here not because I bribed Greg or Col but I deserved it, checkout my older posts if you want to know why but I think it may take you a few months to read all my postings.

You are right about my staff might not be a good QCer and it is hard for them to check every watch as carefully as the customers do since they have to QC dozens of watches every day, that is why we need the QC pics, we never tried to hide any flaws on our QC pics, replacing a watch is very easy for us and why would we want to ship a flawed watch to you and wished you wouldnt see it? If you find out and the return shipping and the re-shipping fees are not what we want to spend.

People make mistakes, I never said we never made any mistakes, but when we make mistakes, we do not shirk responsibility but we try our best to fix them, and that makes a TD "trusted".

Please PM me if you have further questions, I have told Jen to let me know if you PM again, sorry again for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

Reactions: roadtofreedom

lenart98

3/9/17
It was Jennifer you were talking to on PM, she helps me with easy questions.

Luckily you didnt accept the deals or we will both lose money and time on this watch. I wonder if you own any genuine Rolex watch with rotating bezels? Or if you own any Rolex replicas with rotating bezels? EVERY watch has that gap under the bezels, you can push it down and move the bezel a tiny little bit, go to any Rolex AD and check it out by yourself.

I have an image of a gen DSSD in my PC and you can see the gap under the bezel:
VGi5p6.md.png

The size of the gap of a rep could be slightly wider than the genuine but it is absolutely normal, you can happily wear your watch, no worries.

I think you are not old enough to see TDs lost their TD statuses, I am still here not because I bribed Greg or Col but I deserved it, checkout my older posts if you want to know why but I think it may take you a few months to read all my postings.

You are right about my staff might not be a good QCer and it is hard for them to check every watch as carefully as the customers do since they have to QC dozens of watches every day, that is why we need the QC pics, we never tried to hide any flaws on our QC pics, replacing a watch is very easy for us and why would we want to ship a flawed watch to you and wished you wouldnt see it? If you find out and the return shipping and the re-shipping fees are not what we want to spend.

People make mistakes, I never said we never made any mistakes, but when we make mistakes, we do not shirk responsibility but we try our best to fix them, and that makes a TD "trusted".

Please PM me if you have further questions, I have told Jen to let me know if you PM again, sorry again for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

OK, Angus, or whoever I am talking to. This is becoming more and more a farce what you are trying to do and you are doing it quite clumsily. Are you loosing your shadiness mojo or what??

1. You use one of the oldest tricks in the book. Trying to make the customer look like an idiot so he goes away with his head lowered. Of course I have had gen Rolexes in my hand and my brother owns the exact same DSSD gen. That's the reason why I wanted to get a high quality rep for myself because I liked it so much. But I don't even have to compare to a gen as my very first $65 f...ing rep from Hong Kong I bought 10 years ago has a better bezel than the one PT sent me. Don't you see the gap on the pics? It''s at least 2mm thick and makes clicking noises. Of course you do but one of your tactics is to pretend it's not there. I also posted a VIDEO on the PM to you/Jennifer and you could CLEARLY see how the bezel can be compressed and the LOUD clicking noise it makes. If you truly try to tell me that a gen ROLEX does that, than I am dealing with amateurs. But I don't believe that. I rather believe this is another tactic, trying to take away credibility and make me look like the idiot who doesn't know what I am talking about. If anyone with a brain looks at the pics and the videos they will know it's not at all like a genuine and it's clearly DEFECTIVE.

https://we.tl/t-TT3DaGlKia
https://we.tl/t-Iqe04TJ96u
https://youtu.be/laRjTyh4U-E
https://youtu.be/5y8BkXvQ1QY

2. Instead of offering a real solution, you are mocking me saying " Luckily you didn't accept the deals or we will both lose money and time on this watch" . So, is that how much you stand behind your watches that you are withdrawing even that crummy offer you call a deal? HAHA That's laughable and I REALLY hope everyone, including the admins on this forum read this because if this is not a reason to at least investigate whether PT deserves TD status than this forum is not worth the internet space it takes up. Any respectable forum would look very closely at my pics and the videos I took and compare it to your words above to see how much of a service company TD really is. You don't even have the slightest inclination to try and make this good or to try and save your reputation. So, why don't we let the reader decide after they see the pictures and videos. Readers, please comment below. Would you accept such a bezel from a TD for a $478 watch?? Please comment below. Let's make sure that a dealer who gets TD status on here ACTS like a TD should and takes care of issues like this WITHOUT any fussing and causing additional charges.

3. I did NOT check the watch carefully. As soon as I held it in my hand and "accidentally" compressed the bezel while turning it, it made a clicking sound. A 5 year old would see it right away. ERGO: Your QC stuff either DOESN'T care or they DON'T QC these watches. Both should disqualify you as a TD in my opinion. Let the reader decide. Please comment below. YOU HAVE TO DO BETTER QC IF YOU WANT TO AVOID SENDING OUT A WATCH THAT LOOKS, FEELS AND SOUNDS WORSE THAN A $65 SHIT REP.

4 This is the biggest insult: Quote: "People make mistakes, I never said we never made any mistakes, but when we make mistakes, we do not shirk responsibility but we try our best to fix them, and that makes a TD "trusted"." Just a couple paragraphs above that you say how lucky you got that I didn't take Jennifer (who is pretending to be you) up on offer to send back the watch and that you saved money even on the shipping cost. You are high fife'ing yourself how you don't have to spend a cent to rectify this situation. Aren't you just a clever business person? I bet you that whoever reads this and sees the proof I have posted will see right through you. And if you truly stand behind your employee's "mistakes", you wouldn't have offered a crummy deal like in the week-long PM back and forth, where I end up paying at least $89 and more if for some reason the watch went missing. If this is a ONE OFF mistake PT did, WHY in the world is it such a big deal to you if you loose a little bit of money on this? It would mean you would have hundreds of other good deals which are profitable. But I think this happens more often than people realize and if you had to take good care of ALL those mistakes than of course you would loose money. Hence, I believe this is a systemic issue with PT and NOT a one off. I did read other negative experiences with PT and encourage anyone to research the forum before ordering from PT. Most people would have just shut up and take their losses and move on. You screwed the wrong guy, my friend.

5. I gave you (or Jennifer or whoever) PLENTY of opportunities to make this right. You were so stingy to offer MAXIMUM $40 and that ONLY IF I buy a new watch from PT. All this could have been easily avoided I would have been happy to post on my review that there was a problem with the watch but PT came thru and fixed it WITHOUT ANY ADDITIONAL charge to me. Do you really think I want to spend $478 on a watch AND spend an additional $89 for shipping after you/ Jennifer tell me that I carry AT LEAST half the risk if the watch get seized by Chinese customs like some on this forum have experienced in the past?? Her/ your words were: "...might consider carrying half the replacement cost in case it gets seized." I think whoever reads this will think twice ordering from PT because if they get unlucky like me they have to spend MORE money and have MORE risk to completely loose the watch?? Serious, are you MENTAL to suggest that this practice is OK as a TD????

6. I started this post as way to show NEW rep buyers how this process works. I actually WANTED to promote PT as I didn't have any reason not to. Well, now I do. I hope my misfortune is proof that PT cannot be trusted and that other buyers avoid being treated like I have. Especially, being kicked when I had to deal with a defective watch already. NOT my choice that this went so sour here but for some reason PT made this REALLY easy for me with their blatant disregard of the facts and people reading this will come to their own conclusions.

Last edited:

lenart98

3/9/17
VGr8bA.md.png

PT / Jennifer were telling me how their timegrapher is the best in the industry and there is no way my watch would be 20+ seconds too fast after in their QC pic it shows 7.5 sec/day. Here is a test report from my TRUSTED timegrapher AFTER I demagnetized the watch and it is STILL 20+ sec/day too fast. Another lie from PT thinking us idiot consumers don't have a timegrapher and would blindly trust QC pics of their timegrapher. If PT truly cared about customer service Angus would fire whoever was PM'ing me this load of BS. This issue is on top of the bezel issue and I only mention it now for full disclosure so readers know that there wasn't just one major issue - the bezel - but multiple QC issues with this watch (To me the 20+s doesn't matter as I know how to regulate a movement but what about newbies who trust the QC picture that it's only +7.5 s/d???). This watch truly deserves the name LEMON and PT is NOT WILLING to do anything about it.

Last edited:

lenart98

3/9/17
VGrgqQ.md.jpg

Shipping cost to send back the watch. Only the top one for $89 is airmail and tracking. The other options are by ship or no tracking. PT offered to give maximum $30 STORE CREDIT. So, not only would I have additional expenses but PT also told me I will have to pay for half the watch cost if it gets seized by Chinese customs. Be aware that PT has therefor different policies regarding replacing the watch depending on which direction it gets shipped. Probably because they know that the likelihood of being seized by Chinese customs is higher than by other countries when they ship the watches. Otherwise what he told me in the PM wouldn't make sense. Covering his ass instead of providing service and making good for his mistakes.

Last edited:

lenart98

3/9/17
Lmao don't know watches not a hobby for you I am afraid

Sent from my Noob v9.5

I trust the video I posted will make it more obvious. Turn up the volume :mez:

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Shipping fees are different from all around the world and most of them cost about US$30 to ship something weigh less than 1KG to China and that's why we offer US$30 to every customers to ship the watch back if they received a watch defective.

Please remember your watch was treated like any other packages and went through thousands of miles to reach your hand, please expect some changes on the movement accuracy after such a journey. You might know about the "fake timegraph incidence" and every one in my office know I wont allow it to happen again. Plus 20-30 sec / day is still not that bad.

I have said what I wanted to say in my previous post and I dont want you to think I am using tricks again, so if you still think your watch is defective, you can either send it back and we will check it out for you on the bezel, we will compare yours with other watches in my office. But same deal US$30 reimbursement for the shipping fee.

Or you can submit a ticket to the forum and I will follow what the admin's instructions.

Thanks again.

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
I recently ordered the Noob version of the same model, but from another TD. Received it two days ago and it has the same bezel issue as yours. It's happened before. Did I complain? No. Do I understand that I am NOT buying a several thousands of dollars gen Rolex? Yes. Do I understand that I cannot rely on a perfect watch, a perfect QC and always a smooth transaction when dealing with counterfeit items? Yes.

So, what did I do? Used the good old dental floss trick. Bezel play is now gone. Took me two minutes and problem solved. It's far easier to use dental floss and go on with life, than having a heart attack from constant complaining and fighting about a counterfeit item not being perfect...

This hobby probably isn't for you. You just have to accept things like this. The watch could even have been DOA.

Just my two cents ;)

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I recently ordered the Noob version of the same model, but from another TD. Received it two days ago and it has the same bezel issue as yours. It's happened before. Did I complain? No. Do I understand that I am NOT buying a several thousands of dollars gen Rolex? Yes. Do I understand that I cannot rely on a perfect watch, a perfect QC and always a smooth transaction when dealing with counterfeit items? Yes.

So, what did I do? Used the good old dental floss trick. Bezel play is now gone. Took me two minutes and problem solved. It's far easier to use dental floss and go on with life, than having a heart attack from constant complaining and fighting about a counterfeit item not being perfect...

This hobby probably isn't for you. You just have to accept things like this. The watch could even have been DOA.

Just my two cents ;)

Thanks for sharing your experience

Reactions: Dynaduck

lenart98

3/9/17

Just my two cents ;)

Haha....you are a funny little man. People on this forum complain about the smallest little line on a dial being out by 1/1,000th of a mm compared to a gen yet you are OK with a totally bent and clicking bezel. Maybe you are the one for whom this hobby is not suited and you should go order your watches from dhgate.com instead of spending hundreds for a defective watch.

lenart98

3/9/17
Shipping fees are different from all around the world and most of them cost about US$30 to ship something weigh less than 1KG to China and that's why we offer US$30 to every customers to ship the watch back if they received a watch defective.

Please remember your watch was treated like any other packages and went through thousands of miles to reach your hand, please expect some changes on the movement accuracy after such a journey. You might know about the "fake timegraph incidence" and every one in my office know I wont allow it to happen again. Plus 20-30 sec / day is still not that bad.

I have said what I wanted to say in my previous post and I dont want you to think I am using tricks again, so if you still think your watch is defective, you can either send it back and we will check it out for you on the bezel, we will compare yours with other watches in my office. But same deal US$30 reimbursement for the shipping fee.

Or you can submit a ticket to the forum and I will follow what the admin's instructions.

Thanks again.

If I think the bezel is wrong? No comment to the video. Speaks volumes in my book. I guess a clicking bezel is ok for PT. 'Nuff said.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I saw gens with major issues, gaps, wrong cyclops, misaligned cyclops, misaglined markers, incomplete printing, points on dssd blue dials etc.

I know you are upset but gens aren't perfect. Maybe it's an easy fix did you ask a watchsmith? :)