• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bad experience with PureTime. [[Not really, more of a noob misunderstanding]]

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Hello again,

I new here as a registered member, but I'm a passively participate in this forum. Also not a beginner in the rep watches (but definitely not an expert).

Now, I see the first response from PureTime with more honesty.
So I will respond to the message from PureTime.

I do not care how much do you receive!, if you tell me that the total bill is 450$ you charge me this amount, if you have any extra charges take them into account before.
it's impossible that you charge me 11% more than the exact deal (so it's not 5% like you saying) the order number is: 100156428‏.

And if you charging the customer for a watch and you don't have the watch, if the customer asks for a refund you will give him the FULL refund that he pays (not what you receive, because it's your fault, right?).

About the V5, I would glad to hear about it, you can give me an update via email when the V5 will be available and I will consider if I want to wait or not.

I'm really hoping that we can work together, but you must give real info to your customers.

Yehuda.

Sorry again for the inconveniences caused. I have answered your PM and let's disscuss further through PM .Thank you

InfiniteOcean

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/1/19
Washington State
Angus is a gentleman, just reading through this post, even I'm irritated with this buyer, and I have no skin in the game. Yehuda should take his complaints to the CC company, not PT. They have come through for me from day 1. I don't use credit cards though. BTC is the way. Fast and safe.

Reactions: Punkskelm

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Angus is a gentleman, just reading through this post, even I'm irritated with this buyer, and I have no skin in the game. Yehuda should take his complaints to the CC company, not PT. They have come through for me from day 1. I don't use credit cards though. BTC is the way. Fast and safe.

Thank you for your help, my friend. That's why i strongly recommend people use BTC as it is fast and we offer 5% off as well.

Reactions: InfiniteOcean

fuzzmex

2/9/17
I always find it admirable and reassuring, to see how polite and patient the TD's involved here remain in the face of ignorant and often rude rants they sometimes get.

YehudaVW
Think it through for a minute: Trusted dealers on this site have earned that label for a good reason. By deliberately misguiding customers they would only stand to risk their reputation and consequently their business, here and elsewhere.
Why would they?
​​​​​​

pjmars

Horology Curious
24/3/13
To go further with respect to puretime, I've been dealing with them for a few years.
I'm fortunate to actually have the money to buy the genuine manufacturer watch and use the Reps as trials since the best prices are online and my choices are not always in a brick and mortar store to check out. Some may find this statement arrogant, but l will say, the Reps serve a purpose given my impulsive personality. So in one of my transactions with PT, I bought a 47 MM Panerai and not only did I hate the fit and look, but the watch itself was poor quality and had issues. Anyone using a Rep site knows its a ponderous process, between the language barrier and response times given time zones, it's frustrating. I shipped it back to PT, they fixed the minor cosmetic issue only to have it happen again! That simple process took weeks AND the first return delivery failed and was returned to sender. The same issue happened AGAIN and the watch is now thrown into a junk drawer. It was now out of warranty so besides the shipping costs and PT's lack of understanding and offering to repair it again, on them, the drawer was just easier and of course, it wasn't my Fav. For the most part, PT and I had some success and I found their website to be one of the best, until just recently. I'm in the market for a "white faced" Panerai and considering a Bell and Ross. I find a Pam on the website, select it as says "in stock", go through typical check out motions, transaction failed. Emailed PT, wait a day to be told "not in stock". Ask if they have any with white face, wait, "no we don't" although there are a few "in stock" on their site. Tried another "trusted dealer" that offered PayPal as a payment option and that was abysmal. So back to trusty puretime, I email them 6 watch selections, all marked "in stock" on website, only one was available out of six selected. So don't flame a "trusted dealer"!? I can deal with the timeframe process as a transaction moves forward, but advertising watches on their site they don't have is bad business and "bait and switch" sounding as a previous potential customer outlined in a comment on this thread. I really do not like to bad mouth a business, but this "attempt to purchase process" took a week and left me concerned about sending money to PT if they can't keep their website straight up.

Tcr4x4

21/9/18
Forest of Dean
Td generally don’t hold stock, so pay no attention to the websites. Email them and ask first. Even then, it’s pot luck. I’ve said this many times.. TDS get the watches from the factories. They know generally how many watches a factory has available, they might even ring them and ask.. Factory says, oh yeah we have 5 here, td says great, I’ll come get one.
in between then and now, 10 other people have asked the same thing to multiple TDS all dealing with the same factory.. each gets told, yeah it’s in stock, the 5 watches that were in stock get taken, that’s 5 people left disappointed. The td hasn’t lied, it was in stock when they enquired, but it went out of stock by the time they went to get it.

This is isnt Amazon with a complex and sophisticated live stock tracking system. This is a bunch of people in a shady business all dealing personally with each other

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
... about the BTC..... does anyone know of a way to get a BTC wallet when you have AML folk watching what you do without it tripping any alarms?

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
... about the BTC..... does anyone know of a way to get a BTC wallet when you have AML folk watching what you do without it tripping any alarms?

If you buy BTC with USD you are not going to get around AML. As soon as you buy BTC move it to a hard Wallet you control. Then you can send BTC to Puretime privately. The loss of privacy comes in when you sell the BTC for USD. Coinbase is easy. I happen to use Gemini.

If you need more specific info send me a PM.

Last edited:

pjmars

Horology Curious
24/3/13
Td generally don’t hold stock, so pay no attention to the websites. Email them and ask first. Even then, it’s pot luck. I’ve said this many times.. TDS get the watches from the factories. They know generally how many watches a factory has available, they might even ring them and ask.. Factory says, oh yeah we have 5 here, td says great, I’ll come get one.
in between then and now, 10 other people have asked the same thing to multiple TDS all dealing with the same factory.. each gets told, yeah it’s in stock, the 5 watches that were in stock get taken, that’s 5 people left disappointed. The td hasn’t lied, it was in stock when they enquired, but it went out of stock by the time they went to get it.

This is isnt Amazon with a complex and sophisticated live stock tracking system. This is a bunch of people in a shady business all dealing personally with each other

You do bring up an excellent point, their website is so good, I got tricked into thinking it’s a legitimate business. Thanks for bringing me back to reality.

Sent from the RWI App

Punkskelm

Known Member
8/3/17
I have never had issues with puretime, Mate i think you are going at this the completely wrong way, just use BTC next time ????we are all here to help as this is your first purchase, but you should rather Msg them direct next time, before making a fool of yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: tkingjr

Punkskelm

Known Member
8/3/17

Just buy some btc through paypal from someone who is willing to sell on this forum.

Sent from the RWI App

Wildcatfan

13/2/18

Bitcoin ATM or local bitcoin but the purchase price will be a little higher.

Alton11

Horology Curious
26/6/17

The problem is that no matter which watch you ask about, it is always in stock. Then they receive your money, and surprise, it is out of stock. Then it becomes 3 days. Then 3 weeks. Then, can you take another color. Then you just take any pos they throw at you because your already in it for $500 and 6 weeks and it is better than nothing.

Reactions: YehudaVW

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
You do bring up an excellent point, their website is so good, I got tricked into thinking it’s a legitimate business. Thanks for bringing me back to reality.

Sent from the RWI App

We are not a technically legitimate company but we take our business more serious than many other legitimate companies :)

The problem is that no matter which watch you ask about, it is always in stock. Then they receive your money, and surprise, it is out of stock. Then it becomes 3 days. Then 3 weeks. Then, can you take another color. Then you just take any pos they throw at you because your already in it for $500 and 6 weeks and it is better than nothing.

Whoever did this, it is not PureTime, we say in stock if the maker says in stock, we say out of stock if the maker says out of stock. We never trick you to pay and let you wait, you have the right to ask for refund and we will lose 5% transaction fee if we refund which we dont want that, that is why we never lied about availability.

Reactions: Lenny G

nyriyadh

Known Member
9/4/12
PureTime offers BTC payment with 5% discount. If you spent 10 resd ing this section, you could have known about that 10% processing fee.

Don't sound like a guy get cash from an ATM and complain about the fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How to buy using BTC? I mean how to get btc and send to TD

Sent from the RWI App

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Isn't it a good idea to change the title....? Angus took care of the problems as a gentleman.