• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Horrific replica

homiejon69

Horology Curious
28/1/19
This was a laughable terrible rep and frankly pretty expensive ~$500. Obviously no one expects an exact clone but maybe get the color of the face correct. Pathetic.

In fairness - the process was fine. But geez the product was laughable. QC is a joke too. Told them the color looked off. They said its just the lighting.

Aquanaut 5167 RG PF 1:1 Best Edition Brown Textured Dial on Brown Rubber Strap A324 Clone

taj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/2/19
SF
Yeah can we see some pics? I’m a noob so i’d Like to know what “Bad” looks like.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
:ttiwwop:

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
Pictures needed and the picture of your gen referance too.
I thought that the rep dial was yellowish brown instead of "colder" more bluish gen brown.
In a quick research i made i see that they don't have that kind of difference.

If that is the case, you can paint a thin layer of cyan clear coat on it.
Embossed letter and numbers can be masked with liquid latex.

I'm very interested on what else makes you name this watch horrible.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
This was a laughable terrible rep and frankly pretty expensive ~$500. Obviously no one expects an exact clone but maybe get the color of the face correct. Pathetic.

In fairness - the process was fine. But geez the product was laughable. QC is a joke too. Told them the color looked off. They said its just the lighting.

Aquanaut 5167 RG PF 1:1 Best Edition Brown Textured Dial on Brown Rubber Strap A324 Clone

Thanks for your oder and i am sorry to hear you are not happy with the watch recieved. Please share some pictures and explain more .We will work this out together. Thank you

Reactions: Rx4Time

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Sounds like OP is more disappointed by the watch rather than puretime

Reactions: XLR8R

homiejon69

Horology Curious
28/1/19
Pictures needed and the picture of your gen referance too.
I thought that the rep dial was yellowish brown instead of "colder" more bluish gen brown.
In a quick research i made i see that they don't have that kind of difference.

If that is the case, you can paint a thin layer of cyan clear coat on it.
Embossed letter and numbers can be masked with liquid latex.

I'm very interested on what else makes you name this watch horrible.

https://picr.me/image/AzdHs

homiejon69

Horology Curious
28/1/19
GEN

AzLY0.png

Rep
Az7Gq.jpg

homiejon69

Horology Curious
28/1/19
Thanks for your oder and i am sorry to hear you are not happy with the watch recieved. Please share some pictures and explain more .We will work this out together. Thank you

Posted pictures above. QC email thread was pretty clear about the color and how off it was. I was told it was the lighting.

At a base level get the numbers color scheme reasonably correct.

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
You are right complaining about. I can see the diference now.
First send those pics to TD and ask him to check if the available watches have the same color with yours.

If you deside to correct it, ask a modder if he can handle it.
It's not impossible to do it "by yourself" if anything else doesn't works.
You will need the help of someone that he is used to micro painting for the masking, like those guys that paint figures, static models etc.
After that, an hour with an airbrush artist will have it too close to gen easily. I can't say that will be excactly the same in color values but will be close.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
You are right complaining about. I can see the diference now.
First send those pics to TD and ask him to check if the available watches have the same color with yours.

If you deside to correct it, ask a modder if he can handle it.
It's not impossible to do it "by yourself" if anything else doesn't works.
You will need the help of someone that he is used to micro painting for the masking, like those guys that paint figures, static models etc.
After that, an hour with an airbrush artist will have it too close to gen easily. I can't say that will be excactly the same in color values but will be close.

Thanks for the detailed tips. @homiejon69 Please ask Elena to provide some pictures for the stocks or pics from other oders to find out if it is very commen.

homiejon69

Horology Curious
28/1/19
puretime i dont understand what your asking here. The watch sent is unwearable as it’s literally the wrong color.

do you have a proper version?

or am i getting refunded

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
puretime i dont understand what your asking here. The watch sent is unwearable as it’s literally the wrong color.

do you have a proper version?

or am i getting refunded

I was trying to say we can show you some pictures for our stocks or pictures from another oder as JOP said , to find out if the available watches have the same color with yours

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Puretime did nothing wrong - they got you the watch which you ordered - a PF that is known for its quality issues and lack of gen-likeness.

If you would have done just 5min of research regarding the watch you purchased you would have known that. Puretime just delivered what you ordered.

every PF looks the same - and got the wrong shade of brown/red while the gen is more grey/brown.

Puretime did nothing wrong so why should they refund you?

homiejon69

Horology Curious
28/1/19
Puretime did nothing wrong - they got you the watch which you ordered - a PF that is known for its quality issues and lack of gen-likeness.

If you would have done just 5min of research regarding the watch you purchased you would have known that. Puretime just delivered what you ordered.

every PF looks the same - and got the wrong shade of brown/red while the gen is more grey/brown.

Puretime did nothing wrong so why should they refund you?

They can chose not to refund me or send me a wearable version. This is obviously trash. But during the QC process when I told them the color looked off I was told it was most likely do to the lighting.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
They can chose not to refund me or send me a wearable version. This is obviously trash. But during the QC process when I told them the color looked off I was told it was most likely do to the lighting.

Like BIONONE said, you are supposed to do your own research. You could have asked a picture on a different lighting to be sure.