• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Complaint about my purchase with PureTime /order: 100150210

Rayquaza

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
25/1/19
Hello everyone,
I created this topic in order to complain. What happened is that I bought from them a Rolex Submariner V9s 3135 (904L steel) for around 600 us dollars, when I received the watch I tried to set the time. Surprise, the crown is defective ( time and date cannot be set, the crown is rotating in the vacuum ) , moreover I discovered a few hours ago that the bezel is moving ( was not well fixed ) by touching the watch face, you can easily hear the " click ". these flaws were not detected during quality control, it was impossible for me to detect it by seeing the pictures. I sent videos and pictures by e-mail two times, that are clearly demonstrating the problem, but nothing, no convenient solution proposed.

I directly contacted them and I received a response by e-mail from " Jennifer ", which really annoyed me.
here are screens of the two answers she replied with:
https://ibb.co/qYkHDXM
https://ibb.co/SmmsBKr
https://ibb.co/gdz6K2x

these are emails.
she suggested to bring the watch to a watchsmith but here in my city (Montreal) they refuse to repair Replicas, because they are worried about breaking something inside the movement, and not be able to replace it.

here the links for the two video I sent, they are clearly demonstrating the two flaws:
the third flaw (which is small ) is a fragment of dust inside the glass at 7 position.

https://vimeo.com/313298121
https://vimeo.com/313298473

I expect from pure time to intervene because I was really disappointed, and frustrated when I received those emails.

Thanks.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Ok, so I'm going to offer a suggestion of the route I would go. I'd reach out a couple of watchsmiths in North America like misiekiped and arrange to send the watch to them for repair. I wouldn't send it back to China as I know of a number of cases where the watches have been lost or returned from customs. You should read up an learn about what you are buying ahead of time moving forward as I would not have suggested that movement.

Reactions: Hubertus

Rayquaza

INMATE
25/1/19
Thank you very much for your reply and your suggestions. I'm in Montreal, would love to know watchsmiths around. @Rex4time

is the superclone 3135 not reliable ?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Thank you very much for your reply and your suggestions. I'm in Montreal, would love to know watchsmiths around. @Rex4time

is the superclone 3135 not reliable ?

Unfortunately not always. The better option would have been the 2836, but it's moot now. Message misiekped , he's in New York and I very highly recommend him. The issue is noob uses the SA3135 which has very limited parts availably. The more common SH3135 has high compatibility with genuine parts. Worst case scenario would be to drop a SH3135 in it, but my gut feeling is that he'll be able to resolve your issues. Work with pure time and if you resolve it locally they will probably give you a credit for a future order and help with locating parts if needed.

Reactions: Luxuracer

Rayquaza

INMATE
25/1/19
Thank you very much for your quick answer, really appreciate it Rx4Time . In case pure time doesn't intervene, I will contact misiekped

Rayquaza

INMATE
25/1/19
I'll do that shortly, a huge thanks.
Rx4Time

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I am truely sorry for what happened. CNY are coming soon. That is why our team suggested you to check with a local watchsmith since we are not able to collect your package or fix for you during this period.I hope you can understand and we are not trying to stay away from the responsibility. Please PM me and we can disccuss further through PM. Thank you

Rayquaza

INMATE
25/1/19
I messaged you, puretime
I also want to add that I faced credit card problem during checkout in your site. it's not working ( I tried with MasterCard).

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I messaged you, puretime
I also want to add that I faced credit card problem during checkout in your site. it's not working ( I tried with MasterCard).

oh i have a question for you .........

Avee8tor

Renowned Member
1/11/13
Ontario Canada.
Yeah, the crown issue seems to be becoming more common. I’ve seen it on JF, ARF, etc. . You can easily pic up a gen crown either on the forum or eBay and that will remedy the spinning issue. As for the bezel, that should be an easy fix, as would dust under the glass. No need to send it all the way back to China for sure. If you need my assistance, I’m in London Ontario. I don’t stock parts though.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Oh that Jennifer, how horrid her responses were.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rayquaza

INMATE
25/1/19
Thank you for your support guys!

Avee8tor pm me please just in order to discuss the price.
thank you.

Rayquaza

INMATE
25/1/19
puretime Overall, I'm really disappointed with my purchase, I would never have thought that a trusted dealer will send me a defective watch, moreover, not giving me a suitable solution that will satisfy me. I think it's my mistake, I expected too much from a replica...

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
puretime Overall, I'm really disappointed with my purchase, I would never have thought that a trusted dealer will send me a defective watch, moreover, not giving me a suitable solution that will satisfy me. I think it's my mistake, I expected too much from a replica...

I am sorry for what happened. We didn't say we will not take any responsibility. And we will need to disscuss further before finding out a solution.I have just answered you and we can disscuss further through PM. Thank you

Dmounce

Horology Curious
22/10/18
Oh that Jennifer, how horrid her responses were.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually had a issue and she was who I delt with and it may just be that your annoyed with the issue and then a little bit of a language barrier. But I had the same feeling and just gave up because my issue was the eteched crown missing on the glass and her repeatedly telling me it's there I just wasn't looking properly even though I've had no issue finding it on other reps as well as gen rolexes but I didnt ask to see it in QC so I felt it was my fault in the end. And just wanted to make them aware and recommend that they check on future orders but If I remember correctly I got the same response that It should be there and a explanation of how to look for it. So I just moved on and figured I'd replace the crystal eventually.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I actually had a issue and she was who I delt with and it may just be that your annoyed with the issue and then a little bit of a language barrier. But I had the same feeling and just gave up because my issue was the eteched crown missing on the glass and her repeatedly telling me it's there I just wasn't looking properly even though I've had no issue finding it on other reps as well as gen rolexes but I didnt ask to see it in QC so I felt it was my fault in the end. And just wanted to make them aware and recommend that they check on future orders but If I remember correctly I got the same response that It should be there and a explanation of how to look for it. So I just moved on and figured I'd replace the crystal eventually.

I am truely sorry for this. I understand your feeling but we had such experience: the customer sometimes can hardly find the etched crown on the crystal
even though we told him the way to find it. Then the watch was mailed back to us and we found the crown was there. We had to ship it back the same day we recieved it.
We just want to be sure it does has issues before mailling it back to China. Maybe due to the annoying issue or language barrier ,you might feel a bit disappointed during talking to
us but this is how it works before finding out .I apologise if you feel bad about this oder and please PM me your oder number. I will see what i can do. Thank you

Reactions: MonsieurMax

Rayquaza

INMATE
25/1/19
I sent several messages... I'm waiting for a convenient solution because the situation is really frustrating for me.

Thanks.