• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First order with PureTime and package was flagged by Customs hows this work?

imazephed

Horology Curious
8/10/14
Sorry for the late reply. I have not been back to the site since the day I posted this. I am in the US. The package was stopped in Jacksonville FL on its way to me in another state. I have yet to hear from customs just DHL notifying me that it was flagged for inspection.

I am working on the assumption that as soon as they open it they will seize it. From my understanding when this happens they send you a letter. The person I am in contact with at Puretime told me to forward them the letter and they will ship me a new watch once they receive the letter showing it was seized.

Hearing that was a huge relief. I was told in several PM's that I am in good hands and that Puretime will make good on it.

I will keep this post updated with the progress.

Thanks to everyone for their concern especially Puretime

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Sorry for the late reply. I have not been back to the site since the day I posted this. I am in the US. The package was stopped in Jacksonville FL on its way to me in another state. I have yet to hear from customs just DHL notifying me that it was flagged for inspection.

I am working on the assumption that as soon as they open it they will seize it. From my understanding when this happens they send you a letter. The person I am in contact with at Puretime told me to forward them the letter and they will ship me a new watch once they receive the letter showing it was seized.

Hearing that was a huge relief. I was told in several PM's that I am in good hands and that Puretime will make good on it.

I will keep this post updated with the progress.

Thanks to everyone for their concern especially Puretime

You are welcome,friend and i am so sorry for what happened. Please PM me your oder number. I will check for you

Reactions: imazephed

imazephed

Horology Curious
8/10/14
I wanted to update my post in regards to my package that was seized by us customs in January of this year. It took forever for them to send me a letter stating that my watch was seized. Puretime agreed right from the start to send a second watch as soon as I received a letter from customs. Months went past and still no letter. Puretime stayed in touch throughout and eventually told me letter or not that by the 17th of March they would send a replacement. As they have since the start they stuck to what they said and mailed a new watch on the 18th. That watched arrived a few days ago as did the letter from customs finally lol.

I cant say enough good things about puretime and the ease of dealing with them through this. It took a long time I ordered the watch in December or 18 but in the end I got exactly what I paid for even though the first watch was seized. I was a bit worried as purtime did tell me that if the second watch was also seized that they would not send another. I cant say I blame them its not a good business model to keep sending expensive watches that keep being seized. Thank goodness I did not have to go through that. This one came with zero issues.

That said I did receive registered mail today from a law firm representing Rolex threatening to sue me for 200k if I did not stop trying to import rolex watches. Has anyone got this before? Is this just a scare tactic or should I be worried? My guess is this is just what they do to scare you into not buying another one in the future. What scares me is they spent the money and time to send out a registered letter from a big shot law firm on thick heavy stationary. So I guess when customs seizes your watch they notify the company that it is a copy of incase they wish to pursue a lawsuit against you. It has me a little worried but I hope it just passes quietly

Anyone deal with this before? Should I answer the letter or just let it go?

rolex-stop-no-name.jpg

Reactions: 2001025

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
You can just ignore that letter my friend :) You are not distributing the replicas.

We get packaged seized every week and we see a lot of such letters in the past, they are not going to do anything, no worries :)

imazephed

Horology Curious
8/10/14
Thanks again for being so kind as to send a second after the first was seized. I figured the letter was nothing to worry about but I thought I would ask to be sure.

lenart98

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/9/17
I wanted to update my post in regards to my package that was seized by us customs in January of this year. It took forever for them to send me a letter stating that my watch was seized. Puretime agreed right from the start to send a second watch as soon as I received a letter from customs. Months went past and still no letter. Puretime stayed in touch throughout and eventually told me letter or not that by the 17th of March they would send a replacement. As they have since the start they stuck to what they said and mailed a new watch on the 18th. That watched arrived a few days ago as did the letter from customs finally lol.

I cant say enough good things about puretime and the ease of dealing with them through this. It took a long time I ordered the watch in December or 18 but in the end I got exactly what I paid for even though the first watch was seized. I was a bit worried as purtime did tell me that if the second watch was also seized that they would not send another. I cant say I blame them its not a good business model to keep sending expensive watches that keep being seized. Thank goodness I did not have to go through that. This one came with zero issues.

That said I did receive registered mail today from a law firm representing Rolex threatening to sue me for 200k if I did not stop trying to import rolex watches. Has anyone got this before? Is this just a scare tactic or should I be worried? My guess is this is just what they do to scare you into not buying another one in the future. What scares me is they spent the money and time to send out a registered letter from a big shot law firm on thick heavy stationary. So I guess when customs seizes your watch they notify the company that it is a copy of incase they wish to pursue a lawsuit against you. It has me a little worried but I hope it just passes quietly

Anyone deal with this before? Should I answer the letter or just let it go?

rolex-stop-no-name.jpg

I am not a lawyer but the letter is clearly talking about distributing the Rolex. Since this is for personal consumption and you are not mass-selling them in the US, you should have nothing to worry about. I am glad PT is so generous to work with you on a replacement. Enjoy your 2nd Rolex and shove that letter where no man has tread before....lol.

bleedinglottery

Patron
Certified
7/8/19
Germany
Nice to see your problems resolved.
Did you send the second watch to the same Adress? Because I always ponder about customs flagging people and inspecting every package with their name on it. A friend of mine once had a package siezed by German customs with a tiny amount of illegal substances (really tiny) in early 2018 and wants to buy a watch. So customs flag addresses or names? (German customs) or is it just roulette over and over again?

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Nice to see your problems resolved.
Did you send the second watch to the same Adress? Because I always ponder about customs flagging people and inspecting every package with their name on it. A friend of mine once had a package siezed by German customs with a tiny amount of illegal substances (really tiny) in early 2018 and wants to buy a watch. So customs flag addresses or names? (German customs) or is it just roulette over and over again?

it should be randomly checked but it's better to use a different name or address