• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First order with PureTime and package was flagged by Customs hows this work?

imazephed

Horology Curious
8/10/14
I bought a SUBMARINER 116610 LV GREEN CERAMIC VRF 1:1 BEST EDITION ON SS BRACELET A2836 MAX VERSION from them and really had no issue except for having to wait 20 days for the bitcoin I bought from coinbase to be available for me to spend. Once they cleared my order went fine. I got qc pics a few days later and agreed to them they sent tracking and today I get a text from DHL. I call them and they tell me my package was picked by customs for checking because the value seemed low ($18) and it was stated to be a maintenance timer or something. He said that it drew a red flag from customs and it would have to be inspected. He told me if it wasn't anything illegal that it would ship to me as soon as it cleared customs. If it was illegal that it would be seized.

He asked me what it was. I told him a watch. He asked if it was a fake like a Rolex or something I told him to my knowledge it was not that the one I ordered online had no brand name. He asked me how much I paid and I told him I would rather not say. He was cool about it. He told me it would take awhile to resolve because of the government shutdown. He said expect 2 weeks at least.

So how does this work? I emailed Puretime and sent them a screenshot of the tracking with a note telling them what dhl told me. I am a little worried that I could get in trouble or something. I dont break laws I am a pretty straight and sober kind of guy. I really dont want to have to talk to customs or get charged with doing anything illegal. Anyone ever deal with this? Am I worrying over nothing? Will purteime give me my money even if customs keeps the watch? I would hate to be out almost 4 bills for nothing.

I still want a sub. What did I do wrong? It looks like tons of these things get in no problem. Why did mine get stopped when so many dont?

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
You have shitty luck but with puretime you’ll be ok.

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
Blown up for Raquel Welch.
But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey

imazephed

Horology Curious
8/10/14
You have shitty luck but with puretime you’ll be ok.

You dont even know me and you just nailed my entire life in one sentence..... I do have shit luck FML

Do I need to worry about a knock on my door and big men in vest with yellow lettering and big guns standing at my door? At this point thats all I really care about. I

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
You dont even know me and you just nailed my entire life in one sentence..... I do have shit luck FML

Do I need to worry about a knock on my door and big men in vest with yellow lettering and big guns standing at my door? At this point thats all I really care about. I

No need to worry, this will resolve in time.

aceblue74

23/12/18
Germany
Sounds like German custom service.

you have to open the package in front of his eyes, then say that is not the clock I ordered, then the clock is destroyed. if the clock is too well fake, it can also happen that it is sent to rolex. that costs 250 euros. nothing can happen to you because you act as a private person. no ad no penalty.

Reactions: macarone

aceblue74

23/12/18
Germany
I’m sorry just using a translator app after reading it sounds brrrrr :( next time using my own words
sorry for that :)

imazephed

Horology Curious
8/10/14
I’m sorry just using a translator app after reading it sounds brrrrr :( next time using my own words
sorry for that :)

I could understand the post. I hope I dont even have to talk to them. I hope they just send me a letter telling me that it was seized and I dont have to deal with customs at all in person. If I do I will just tell them that is not the watch that I ordered that the wrong watch must have been shipped. I just hate that I have to wait even longer to either get a watch or my money back. That is if puretime even is willing to do either of those for me. I really just want a nice hulk sub and from all I read the VRF is a very nice looking rep. The qc pics they sent really looked nice. Oh well such is life

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I bought a SUBMARINER 116610 LV GREEN CERAMIC VRF 1:1 BEST EDITION ON SS BRACELET A2836 MAX VERSION from them and really had no issue except for having to wait 20 days for the bitcoin I bought from coinbase to be available for me to spend. Once they cleared my order went fine. I got qc pics a few days later and agreed to them they sent tracking and today I get a text from DHL. I call them and they tell me my package was picked by customs for checking because the value seemed low ($18) and it was stated to be a maintenance timer or something. He said that it drew a red flag from customs and it would have to be inspected. He told me if it wasn't anything illegal that it would ship to me as soon as it cleared customs. If it was illegal that it would be seized.

He asked me what it was. I told him a watch. He asked if it was a fake like a Rolex or something I told him to my knowledge it was not that the one I ordered online had no brand name. He asked me how much I paid and I told him I would rather not say. He was cool about it. He told me it would take awhile to resolve because of the government shutdown. He said expect 2 weeks at least.

So how does this work? I emailed Puretime and sent them a screenshot of the tracking with a note telling them what dhl told me. I am a little worried that I could get in trouble or something. I dont break laws I am a pretty straight and sober kind of guy. I really dont want to have to talk to customs or get charged with doing anything illegal. Anyone ever deal with this? Am I worrying over nothing? Will purteime give me my money even if customs keeps the watch? I would hate to be out almost 4 bills for nothing.

I still want a sub. What did I do wrong? It looks like tons of these things get in no problem. Why did mine get stopped when so many dont?

I am terribly sorry for what happened. Please PM me your oder number and email address. Let's disscuss further through PM

wolf_g

Looking Around
16/1/19
@imazephed Have you ordered with UK-Forward or Not ?

I ask because i a German Interessent and i want to order next week my first Replik at puretime with UK-Forwarding

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
@imazephed Have you ordered with UK-Forward or Not ?

I ask because i a German Interessent and i want to order next week my first Replik at puretime with UK-Forwarding

I haven't heard back from imazephed . You will have to select uk forwarding for safer shipment to Germany :)

wolf_g

Looking Around
16/1/19
puretime Thx you for your answer (I already thought that imazephed give me no answer and i hope that you answer for him ;-) )

Yes i will order with UK-Forwarding (or Spain or Netherland) I do that with all order in China ( ex. E-Cigarette )

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
puretime Thx you for your answer (I already thought that imazephed give me no answer and i hope that you answer for him ;-) )

Yes i will order with UK-Forwarding (or Spain or Netherland) I do that with all order in China ( ex. E-Cigarette )

You are welcome. We look forward to recieving your new oder soon

wolf_g

Looking Around
16/1/19
Sorry for the OT:
My order is placed ;-) for a Tudor Black Bay Steel :) I will make a Review from the Order and Watch in a new Topic after I got it. (with some Pics from the Replica vs. Gen/Original)

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Sorry for the OT:
My order is placed ;-) for a Tudor Black Bay Steel :) I will make a Review from the Order and Watch in a new Topic after I got it. (with some Pics from the Replica vs. Gen/Original)

Thanks for your oder. Please confirm with Shuang the payment is well recieved . Thank you