• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buyer beware

rfan

Horology Curious
24/5/11
**Sorry for partial post - was typing on cell phone

Not having the best experience with the Puretime crew. In a nutshell:

- Found a Breitling I liked - best model and $575
- Visa didn't work so paid via Bitcoin
- Puretime support said next steps after payment was that I would get pics of actual model and then they would ship
- After payment was sent, I was told the model was out of stock
- Puretime said not to worry as there were many other great watches in stock
- I said to email me a list of available Breitling with swiss movement
- Puretime said none were in stock
- I said ok send me a list of Breitling with good Asian movement
- None in stock but Puretime said not to worry many other great watches in stock
- I said I don't want another watch because I was looking for a Breitling
- I asked for money back
- Puretime said ok but the rules stipulate that they can only send me $380. Looks like I will be ~$200 in the red for nothing
- Still trying to work with them to get money back.... let this be a lesson to everyone to make sure the watch is in stock and you get pictures before sending this crew money.

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Sorry about this my friend, firstly of all, could you send us a few watches you like from our site and I will check for you if they are in stock. I think you ordered a watch from GF which had been raided so we cannot get their watches.

I got the refund request yesterday, Shuang told me to refund your order. Since BTC has dropped a lot of value since you paid, based on the refund policy on our site, you will be refunded the exact amount of BTC only, but now it only worths US$170 less than what you have paid. I could just refund and close the case but I told Shuang the customer is going to lose a lot of money if we refund now, please ask him if he want to change to other watches. I felt so bad when I was about to press "send BTC" button and I stopped and told Shuang to ask the customer.

I found my original intention has been twisted so I will proceed with the refund in 48 hours if you cannot come up with something you like.

I am sorry this didnt work out as it should but I did try my best, please accept my sincere apologies and hope we can come up with a happy ending.

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
TD's do not have watches "in stock". They have to check with the manufacturer to see if it's available. THEY ARE NOT going to check out every request from looky-lou's online because their time is valuable. Once they have your money then they know you are a BUYER and not a LOOKER - then they will proceed to get the best that they can for you. OP has been here a loooong time not to know this...

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
THE big problem with Bitcoin.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I know and I am truly sorry about this, but I really hope we can come up with something in the end.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Glad to know it worked out, thanks for your understanding :)