• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Charged more than expected & Issue was not resolved to my satisfaction.

hmichael

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/5/17
Have purchased from other TDs before and have had a good experience, which never gave me a reason to try other TDs. However, I did decide to give PureTime a shot and bought a watch. I was overcharged by over $30 which was pretty upsetting. The ticket value on the checkout states an amount, however the charge that showed up on my statement was $32 more. This excludes the $15 foreign transaction fee, which I was okay with paying anyway. I reached out to them and we had back & forth's for several days and they kept telling me that they do not have the money, and that something went wrong with their processor. Did not credit me back the money, horrible experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
My friend, sadly it is some kind of TD mafia, the same happened to me, it stated 490€ and I paid 560, basically 70€ (90$ more or less) more than stated, I asked for help and the TD said that they didn’t get the money (btw I know it is some kind of bullshit because my bank doesn’t ask for any kind of international conversion fee, so it was on their part, not mine). So they just offered a 30$ credit for my next order, which is nothing compared to what I “lost”.
I hate that if you try to bring that up no one says anything or they don’t take you seriously because “they” are trusted and you are just a random guy. It is really unprofessional

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
So you lost $100 and you get $30 discount???....that is good business....isn't the conversion specified before paying?

Hans81

23/2/15
Same here but with other td, back and forth for several days. Nice additional income...lesson learned never pay by credit card!

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
Its something to do with the conversion rate. Its always changing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

machim

19/7/17
Well, pay by bitcoin. Problem solved. It’s not that they are TD. It’s the charge from transaction for credit card that they have no control over

We all know it’s the case. Not TD fault.

Puretime is big dog. They got bite by credit card company for extra fee.

You can go with other TD to test on CC payment but it’s not their fault on the extra fee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DaleM

Averse

3/8/18
I was also overcharged by about 60 dollars on my first order with credit card from Puretime, lesson learned and now I stick to bitcoin.

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
As I read the fine print of most of these TDs there is a 3% charge added when using a credit card and some do not include the shipping price in their totals.

I over paid InTime about 200 USD recently for a 3 watch order with a wire transfer. I just ordered another watch with the excess. It was my fault though. I did not realize what the with transfer cost was and wanted a buffer so not to slow the shipping of my watches.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I am very sorry what what happened. Since we are still in holiday, I believe you have an on-going conversation with my people, and I believe we will find a solution to this.

Regarding the overcharge, I can prove that we do not have the money, the fee was caused by the payment processor and the banks. We only get the exact amount of the money listed on our site, and we have to pay 5-6% transaction fee to the payment processors, which is non refundable even we refund the transaction in the end.

So paying by Bitcoin is highly recommended, and I believe it will be come the ultimate payment solution to all business within the grey area. Spend 10 minutes and learn how to pay by BTC, not just for PureTime, you will find it very useful in many ways.

Again I am sorry and please expect our response by 9th October, thank you.

pineapplewatch

10/10/18
It just happened to me too. My order was only $760 but got charge $820.25 The first time was $804.95 but the bank block it. I called the bank but in final got charged $820.25. Someone please explain why they both different for the same amount of $760. Same seller and same credit card. The chat person is not responding on this issue.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
The charge was not done by us and we are not able to respond to such question in real time, you can send an email to us at [email protected] and we will check for you with the payment processor. I can prove I am only getting the exact amount as listed on my site. The payment processor uses different banks to process the payments.

Please use Bitcoin to pay for your orders and there wont be any such issues. But if you are still concern about this issue and please email [email protected] and we will help you out, thank you.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
pineapplewatch mari115 Averse capice01 Hans81 hmichael

You are buying counterfeit illegal goods with a credit card. You bank may not charge fees, but the processors do as well as Visa/MC or whatever card you use. All the fees on top of the purchase price are simply a convenience fee for you to purchase illegal goods with credit. That is why bitcoin and other forms of payment are more readily accepted.

Please refrain from posting threads like this if you do not understand the hobby. If using a CC you must be prepared to pay $50-$150 more in fees for the convenience.

As for not getting responses last week, it was holiday in China, you are lucky Angus puretime weighed in at all with it being a national holiday for the entire week.

RWI is a wealth of information and knowledge for all of us. Please use it wisely thank you.

Averse

3/8/18
pineapplewatch mari115 Averse capice01 Hans81 hmichael

You are buying counterfeit illegal goods with a credit card. You bank may not charge fees, but the processors do as well as Visa/MC or whatever card you use. All the fees on top of the purchase price are simply a convenience fee for you to purchase illegal goods with credit. That is why bitcoin and other forms of payment are more readily accepted.

Please refrain from posting threads like this if you do not understand the hobby. If using a CC you must be prepared to pay $50-$150 more in fees for the convenience.

As for not getting responses last week, it was holiday in China, you are lucky Angus puretime weighed in at all with it being a national holiday for the entire week.

RWI is a wealth of information and knowledge for all of us. Please use it wisely thank you.

Guess my intent got lost in my reply. I never said it was Angus's fault, just wanted to recommend using bitcoin over credit card is all. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Seems newbies are posting without reading any tips&tricks on our forum for buying reps.....looks like a pissing contest excusez le mot.....Didn't you read or are you blind?....See the explanation of Puretime and go whine at your bank or cccompany...

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thank you everyone for helping me to explain all these :)

Your words are 100x strong than mine :)

Tusubasa

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
8/9/18
U.K.
You should blame your government and ask them why your currency lost its value against the Great American Dollar. TD has got nothing to do wist it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
I remember this happening to me a couple times early on, and I too initially thought I was being overcharged...knowledge aint free :) I know now to expect the additional charge, or pay via BTC.

Reactions: machim