• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Experience from Puretime.io. Not the best yet. But I hope for better.

foffetott

Horology Curious
24/9/18
Hi everyone! :)

I want to tell you my story that I felt using Puretime.io.
I order my watch from puretime: Chronomat Evolution SS/RG Blue Stick Dial on Bracelet A7750 the 25th of September. 5 days later I got an answer from Shuang (Puretime) that the watch that I order wasn't in stock. 5 days later.
Basically this was the answer I got :
Dear Felix,

Chronomat Evolution SS/RG Blue Stick Dial on Bracelet A7750 this watch is out of stock now.
Can you change it with another one you like? Waiting for your reply.

And that's it.
He didn't get my any information if there's a similar watch to the one that I wanted. He didn't give me the opportunity to know from what I can choose. Do I have to pick one for the same price? Which in my taste could be a little hard.

I want to finish this post with telling you that Im really not a angry/dumb customer who wants to throw negative vibes around this company because I've heard so many good things about them. My interest is if there's anyone who's been in the same position and how did they compensate you?
Or even if someone from Puretime.io looks here and reads this post and feels like they want to be service minded and help me out. I would be extremely thankful because that type of money is a lot for a young economics student.

Thank you again,
Best regards,
Felix

Opirata

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/7/18
They offered you to change for another one you like didn’t they?
What else do you expect a cookie!?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
foffetott ,

This happen time to time and you are not the first to be in this situation. What happens is that TD are just sales mans while production depends from factories.

It is always advised to ask before sending payment for the watch you want, get confirmation first than place the order. Now when things like this happen TD asked you to chose another watch,
Makes things easy to have it in the same price range but this you can work it with your TD.

If you are after a breitling you have to check GF factory.

GLWS ;)

Reactions: DD60

alexdazio

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/18
Probably it is my poor command of English, but I did not find very pleasant the tone of the reply given by a previous member to the inquiry of foffetott.

Apart for the lack of kindness, lambasting a user does not provide any added value to a discussion concerning a case that I think is not uncommon at all.

In general terms (and I am not talking of puretime here, whose positive reputation is well known), I think that most buyers found themselves in a similar situation, at one point or another.

We see a watch we like on a site, we ask if the watch is in stock, we get a positive reply and then... Oooops, the watch is not available anymore but we are offered in exchange another watch we may (or may not) like. When that happened to me, I found that annoying. It happens, nevertheless, and one must cope with that.

It's true that if I order a watch, I want that watch, not another one. Therefore I would prefer to be reimbursed instead of being given only the chance to take something else.

But I think that the potential buyer should ask him/herself a few questions before crying for help in public:

- Did I ask the seller if the watch was in stock before placing the order? Y/N
- If Y, did the seller offer me a reimbursement because the watch I ordered is now out of stock? Y/N
- If N, was I refused a reimbursement that I asked instead of another watch? Y/N

If N, it would always be better to be a little more flexible and try to find a solution with the seller. If that does not work and the seller proves to be stubborn, rude or unfair, well, that would be the time to ask a moderator for help, instead of venting on the forum (since that does not help much and, on the contrary, could make things escalate unnecessarily).

Patience, kindness and moderators may help, actually, also because, as it has been said many times, TDs are not Amazon and the market in which they (and we) operate is quite peculiar.

Peace!

Reactions: IWCAP and DD60

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Here we go again . . .

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
You're asking us members questions that should be directed to Ryan(Puretime).

Keylog74 said it best. This happens from time to time. The watch is out of stock and you'll have a choice of a separate watch of equal or lesser value, or you can request a refund.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
if you don't want another watch, ask for refund, simple......

foffetott

Horology Curious
24/9/18
Thank you for all the answers. I Appreciate it alot.
I think I was a little bit disappointed at the time but the more I can think of it, and read your answers to me. I get situations like this happen from time to time.
Aswell of that im also a new first time replica buyer and the first time making a thread and following the comments here on the forum. Wow what a world. I'll definitely buy more replicas in the future. But said in a comment here below, you should do your research etc before you actually make the payment.

For the watch I got a little bit disappointed that I couldn't get I im now looking forward to meeting Ryan with respect and look for another nice watch in that same price range.
Anyone of you have and suggestions on a similar watch to this? Chronomat Evolution SS/RG Blue Stick Dial on Bracelet A7750 (the thing is that I like the "gold" details on that one.

Happy for answers, thank you
Best regards,
Felix

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
foffetott ...Just a question did you check if the watch was available before you ordered and paid for it ? If not a lesson learned never order direct from the website even if the watch listing says INSTOCK because the dealers don't hold stock and it always says INSTOCK on the listings . Always best to contact the TD and ask ' is this watch available ?' before you part with your cash .

foffetott

Horology Curious
24/9/18
Chocolito:
As I said first time replica buyer and I guess I was stupid and didn't do enough research. I did not check if it was available before i cashed. My bad. But as you said A lesson as been learn.
Because I will buy more replicas in the future!
Bless you

Kdawggy

Known Member
3/4/18
foffetott ...Just a question did you check if the watch was available before you ordered and paid for it ? If not a lesson learned never order direct from the website even if the watch listing says INSTOCK because the dealers don't hold stock and it always says INSTOCK on the listings . Always best to contact the TD and ask ' is this watch available ?' before you part with your cash .

Even if you ask beforehand and are told a watch is in stock, sometimes you find out that's not the case by the time you send payment. That's the situation I'm in right now, and I'm kind of in a holding pattern over the Chinese National Day holiday - trying to see if any other TD's have it in stock before I request a refund, which is tricky because communication is taking longer.

It can be annoying, but it happens. It's also not always the TD's fault - without knowing the specifics of how the dealers keep in touch with factories and how delivery between them takes place, there's likely a lot that can go wrong along the way regarding miscommunication etc that we'll never fully understand, it's just easy for us to think it's the fault of the dealer since they're our only point of contact.

Tcr4x4

21/9/18
Forest of Dean
If 5 people ask if X watch is in stock, the answer will likely be yes, even if the TD only has 2 in stock. They aren’t lying, they can’t be sure all 5 people will order.
If 3 people out of the 5 order, plus maybe another 2 who didn’t think to email and ask, well you will have several disappointed people

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Sorry for the late response since we are (still) in holiday.

For popular watches, you can order directly without stock checking unless you are in a hurry like you need the watch before a certain date since you are out for vacation or the watch is for a present.

For non-popular watches, please always stock check with us before placing an order since non-popular watches usually go out of stock for longer time when they happen to.

I am sorry there are tens of thousands of watches on my site and we are not able to list some alternatives for you but we need you provide us the watches you like so we can check for you if they are in stock to replace your original order.

I am terribly sorry for what happened and if you have responded to our email, please expect a response from us by 9th October, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

foffetott

Horology Curious
24/9/18
puretime
I am sorry that I didn't know you had your holidays, that was my mistake.
I totally understand your situation and i am greatful for your respons here on the forum. It only shows what a serious and super good company you are.
I have read your email and answered to it. Looking forward from hearing your respons on the 9th. :)

Enjoy the rest of your holiday! :)

Best regards,
Felix

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
puretime
I am sorry that I didn't know you had your holidays, that was my mistake.
I totally understand your situation and i am greatful for your respons here on the forum. It only shows what a serious and super good company you are.
I have read your email and answered to it. Looking forward from hearing your respons on the 9th. :)

Enjoy the rest of your holiday! :)

Best regards,
Felix

Thanks Felix and we are just back from holiday with about 1000 emails pending and we still have about 300 left before they are off. Hopefully your email is responded and if not, please expect we will get back to you tomorrow, if you still dont get the response, please remind us by sending another email again, thank you for your patience and understanding.