• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Puretime? never again

glasgowgenie

Horology Curious
4/11/13
Unfortunately I purchase an Omega DSOTM from Puretime. The general correspondence and delivery time were ok, but its what I expected when spending $463.

Watch duly arrived and within less than a week, managed to get 2 huge scratches on the glass/plastic from a zip. I'm aware of how difficult it is to scratch supposed sapphire crystal and this was definitely not sapphire crystal.

I sent pictures of the scratches to Puretime whio thought that the wrong type may have been put on at the factory and was promised replacement glass if I contributed towards the postage! Seriously, having just spent $463, I was being asked to contribute to the postage. I declined, however was advised that the replacement would be sent out. That was in May. After various emails and fairly abusive replies, still no replacement.

As I said in my intro, lesson learned and never again. There are far better and more trustworthy dealers out there.

https://www.pixelsbin.com/image/M7OVG
https://www.pixelsbin.com/image/M7ImY

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Puretime is not responsible for the factories mistake in this case. So the only thing Angus could offer you was to ship the watch back to change the faulty glass.

What is the problem here? Ask for a discount for the next order. Dont blame angus for this as he is the guy that connects the maker and the customer and has nothing to do with the assembling itself.

This is not amazon.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
I hate to sound like a used car dealer, but that shit’ll buff out. Plus it adds character. Looks like your zipper did you a favor ...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Nivka

verno75

Renowned Member
4/6/12
Charm City
I’d look into getting a nice after market double AR crystal from one of the vendors on here...a lot of us swap out the crystals anyway. It’s a bummer it got scratched, but if you swap the crystal you might wind up happier with the watch in the long run. Not to mention it will really make the dial pop.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Well - or you can have a look from the perspective above - thats right hehe

meteoropatia

Known Member
31/7/18
London
Puretime is not responsible for the factories mistake in this case. So the only thing Angus could offer you was to ship the watch back to change the faulty glass.

What is the problem here? Ask for a discount for the next order. Dont blame angus for this as he is the guy that connects the maker and the customer and has nothing to do with the assembling itself.

This is not amazon.

This ^

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
From what I remember, all the TDs have disclaimers where they have spelled out return shipping for repairs is on buyers cost.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I am sorry about this, please PM me your order number and I will check this out.

glasgowgenie

Horology Curious
4/11/13
Jeez! Thanks for the replies. Ship it back & hope it does not get lost in the post as I’m sure they’d ship out a new one or return the money, because they’ve been so accommodating so far!

Im told twice new parts been ordered and waiting to be sent ( in June) and nothing, however that appears to be my problem!

Buy replacement glass/sap crystal, even though it’s what I paid for in the 1st place & then pay to have it fixed.

what exactly is the point of QC pics when something this obvious slips through the net?

Damn, so this isn’t Amazon? Am I not protected as a consumer? Duh!

As stated, it’s a lesson learned & good luck to anyone else using them.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Jeez! Thanks for the replies. Ship it back & hope it does not get lost in the post as I’m sure they’d ship out a new one or return the money, because they’ve been so accommodating so far!

Im told twice new parts been ordered and waiting to be sent ( in June) and nothing, however that appears to be my problem!

Buy replacement glass/sap crystal, even though it’s what I paid for in the 1st place & then pay to have it fixed.

what exactly is the point of QC pics when something this obvious slips through the net?

The crystal cannot be seen from the QC pics my friend, we cannot try to scratch your crystal to make sure it is sapphire. Please PM me your order info and we will take care of it. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
tripdog yllekp Raddave Not sure about you guys, but OP may need some alone time to figure out this is not puretime 's issue, rather his own.

Crystals scratch. Shit happens. Grow up! Calling out Angus like this is BS because you caused this issue yourself. :picard:

Reactions: BruceLee55

poinds

17/4/17

I usually don’t get involved in many of these types of conversations, but I wanted them give my two cents.

This is NOT the attitude to have on this message board and the rep game in general. You paid $470 ish dollars for a watch that retails 20x that. You aren’t going to get perfection and if you do see some blatant misrepresentation, then certainly PM the TD in a calm manner and see if something can be worked out.

As others have stated, if you are wary of sending it back then send the watch to someone who can replace the crystal. You may end up liking the watch even more than before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
It was our carelessness to not realising the delivered watch has a different crystal, we apologise for this. And I also understand this may have taken a bit too longer than usual. Please PM me your order info and I will try to expedite this or we can work something out.

Thank you for your understanding.

Ralphy

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
It was our carelessness to not realising the delivered watch has a different crystal, we apologise for this. And I also understand this may have taken a bit too longer than usual. Please PM me your order info and I will try to expedite this or we can work something out.

Thank you for your understanding.

What if the crystal is the correct crystal? Regardless, OP needs to not act like this or he won't be here for long...

glasgowgenie

Horology Curious
4/11/13
Order number 100130063

as for the ridiculous comments, I paid for something specific and was given something different. This has been acknowledged. I followed the proper channels to have it resolved. I was assured it was ordered & would be send. It wasn’t.

its not sapphire crystal, but don’t let that spoil your argument.

Ralphy

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Order number 100130063

as for the ridiculous comments, I paid for something specific and was given something different. This has been acknowledged. I followed the proper channels to have it resolved. I was assured it was ordered & would be send. It wasn’t.

How do you know it isn't? Sapphire crystals scratch, just like iPhone and Galaxy phone screens scratch and break. If you had never scratched it you would say it's sapphire. I just don't understand how you can be so sure.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Order number 100130063

I followed the proper channels to have it resolved. I was assured it was ordered & would be send. It wasn’t.

What proper channells? Which member of staff did you approach to mediate on this?

What is this crap on puretime week?

Drag any metal along a crystal and it will at the very least scratch the AR coating. Who hasn't done that? Mind you most people are a little more careful in the first few weeks. It does not look like plexi glass as the scratches look different on plexi. So what are you left with? Hardex? If it is Hardex it is argued that Hardex is as scratch resistant as Sapphire. Remember watch crystals are scratch resistant not scratch proof. The reason Sapphire is used is it is more unbreakable then steel. But yes it does scratch and chip when treated roughly intentionally or non intentionally.

If I was you I would count your lucky stars that puretime is entertaining sending you a replacement at all for free, for damage you caused yourself.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Oh! and ask for a discount on my next order. That reply is a beauty.

giphy.gif

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Order number 100130063

Here I would like to share some info regarding watch making in the replica industry.

The makers do not actually make their watches but they order the watch parts from the parts factories and assemble the parts into complete watches.

For example they want to make 500 watches, they make 500 crystals and the crystal factory will deliver like 510 crystals to them for service needs, the maker do not have those 510 crystals but they send the crystals to the case factory and the case factory will deliver complete cases to the maker after they have installed the crystals on the cases.

So the maker has 500 complete cases and 10 spare crystals, if the spare crystals are all used or sold, we need to wait for the next batch. Or you can send the watch to us and we will tell the maker to replace for you. Replacing is always easier than ordering extra parts. So getting parts take much more time than replacing most of the time.

But no worries bro, we will work this out for sure. Just a matter of time. Email us or PM me, I have already told my people about this and you will be taken care of.