• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Questionable experience and CC problems

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Post the QC pic of the watch after it was adjusted by the TD.

I think this is it Trip:

ebd50a35a4a71fe3b85f605a8a9044fd.jpg

shinseegae

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/5/18
We investigated and checked with the watch smith, my watch smith has 5+ years experience in professional watch repair who cannot caused those damage to your watch, only unskillful hand could caused those damage. These damages are very serious, there was one screw broken and someone tried to glue it back, the watch case has a giant scratch but we had a platic stand to fix the watch while we do watch service and it could not scratch the watch. I just want to tell you we didnt damage your watch and I trust my watch smith's skill and experience, we would not ship a damaged watch to our customers. So I am sorry we cant provide more assistance on this matter. Thank you for your understanding

puretime just a few thoughts, although I respectfully disagree with you on the conclusion, as I said earlier, I don’t want to argue about this further, but I thought that this situation deserves your attention purely from business perspective. I know that you have been serving this community for a long time and by no means I am trying to question your standing or reputation, but this did happen to me and I feel that you might want to look into this incident further internally if you wish to do so. I am not going to actively pursue any resolution from you as the amount involved is not worthy of neither your nor my time. I will think of it as a collateral damage if this hobby. Thanks for the other cool watches in the order.

I guess the case can be considered closed... well if it was ever opened, so to speak. I learned my lesson and moving on. If the mods or other members think that this thread is completely useless, dear mods, please feel free to remove it completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrjoe

22/8/15
I dont think this thread is useless at all. Thanks for sharing your experience - this is what buyer reviews is about anyway.

Ive been in the rep game for awhile now and I also had a negative experience with puretime (quite some time ago, but I can believe this can happen to OP).

I think moving on is the way to go (and go with a different TD if you'd like)

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
Honestly I would have preferred for the OP to get a better resolution/proposal.

True, he did a mistake by opening this thread before waiting a proposal from PT. BUT still, what happened, is quite bad.:

- first because he got a very damaged watch
- second, and worse, because PT implied that he did the damage himself... that is something noone here believes I hope. For sure I do not.

Not a good way for a Trusted Dealer to behave. Sorry.

Reactions: shinseegae

shinseegae

24/5/18
Just for information purposes of the fine members of this board, since the watch is going to the trashbin anyway, I bothered getting watch screwdrivers and opening the case... posting pics of someone’s craftsmanship:

- broken off screw stuck in case;
- scratched up caseback;
- greenish glue residue on caseback and case itself (wiped off before taking pic), so puretime if your watch smith is not using glue anywhere close color-wise then it definitely was an eager hobbyist 4PX, DHL or USPS mailman who was curious to see how the the customer’s replica Cartier watch looks inside, and please accept my apologies for implying otherwise.

Enjoy the pics guys. Cheers!

461003180ad3fb849bb687770a1af8e3.jpg
9176e41713cd10bc509a187799b0e3b5.jpg
979f58df6d7d0deaa16cbca87b252c9c.jpg

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Just for information purposes of the fine members of this board, since the watch is going to the trashbin anyway, I bothered getting watch screwdrivers and opening the case... posting pics of someone’s craftsmanship:

- broken off screw stuck in case;
- scratched up caseback;
- greenish glue residue on caseback and case itself (wiped off before taking pic), so puretime if your watch smith is not using glue anywhere close color-wise then it definitely was an eager hobbyist 4PX, DHL or USPS mailman who was curious to see how the the customer’s replica Cartier watch looks inside, and please accept my apologies for implying otherwise.

Enjoy the pics guys. Cheers!

[/IMG]

I haven't changed my mind about this being totally the wrong way to go about this - you should have contacted a senior Mod first - but I have changed my mind about who I think is responsible - so my apologies to you shinseegae

Originally I thought maybe you had switched the watch, or maybe tried to remove the case back to regulate the timing again, or because you got the watch wet and water got inside - people really have tried to pull this sort of shit before.

But looking at the pics - a lot - I realised that the anti-scratch sticker on the case back hasn't moved at all - from the QC pics to your pics. A watch smith is not going to remove the sticker unless he needs to (on this watch he doesn't need to) but if you'd switched watches, or removed the case back, then you would have removed the sticker because you don't care about it being there - and getting it back in exactly the same position, with the same bubbles in the same positions would be just about impossible.

Maybe Angus puretime needs to speak directly to the person who checked and regulated this watch before shipping it out, because IMO it's extremely unlikely that the OP is responsible for the damage.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
First i thought maybe the customs opened the box/watch but that makes no sense.

Very strange good luck OP :)

shinseegae

24/5/18
Thank you tripdog , I very much appreciate your thoughtful post and apologies accepted. I totally get your point about the way I handled the matter and I did have second thoughts pretty much immediately, however I was somewhat driven by the sense of disbelief that one could demonstrate such a blatant disrespect for a customer.

I would like to thank all other good members of this community who have showed a support and bothered trying to understand the situation while staying level headed, reasonable and logical.

What started as a fun hobby, quite unexpectedly, left a somewhat bitter aftertaste... like if I had bought a watch and received a bottle of shampoo or a brick instead. But I learned my lesson and probably will simply never again ask a dealer to make anything to a watch aside from basic inspection.

Best of luck to everyone and I hope this is an isolated incident and nobody will ever have to deal with similar unpleasant situation! I think it is still a fun and quite an enjoyable hobby! Wish it was a bit more straightforward transaction-wise though.

Cheers!

shinseegae

24/5/18
tripdog and now that you have spelled out your reasons for questioning my side of the story in the beginning, I can see a completely new angle on this. Ridiculous return stories at Target spring to mind immediately... some people are just... But I am used to taking a full responsibility for my actions and decisions hence and therefore fully embracing the consequences, both negative and positive. Thanks for sharing!

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Maybe puretime could send you new screws and a new caseback? Rest of the scratches could maybe polished away (side of the case etc).

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
Please let us know if puretime does something to help you, that will influence my TD choice in the future.

shinseegae

24/5/18
I sent the note (with open case pics) to Elena puretime and she responded basically denying everything again. They have a flawed logic and reasoning in trying to defend themselves. I replied again...

If the mods think it is worth it, I could post the verbatim version of their response.

Or should I wait for Angus to weigh in on this? It doesn’t look like he has spoken to his staff about this.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I sent the note (with open case pics) to Elena puretime and she responded basically denying everything again. They have a flawed logic and reasoning in trying to defend themselves. I replied again...

If the mods think it is worth it, I could post the verbatim version of their response.

Or should I wait for Angus to weigh in on this? It doesn’t look like he has spoken to his staff about this.

Wait until Angus puretime posts again - he's been tagged many times in the thread, I'm sure he'll be along shortly.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Regarding the fake timegraph pics, I had fired that watch smith and this is a new one.

I would not ruin my reputation for a $200 watch. The customer wrote to our email and the forum at the same time, didnt give us a chance to solve or response.

I have asked my watch smith 2 times regarding this matter, he has been with me for 2+ years and he was working else where for 3+ years as a watch smith.

People make mistakes and he is not perfect, I do believe he could scratch a watch sometimes but he always tells me and we replace the watches for the customers.

I never asked my people to pay for their mistakes, if they shipped a watch to a wrong address, I will ship again and they dont have to pay for it. If they scratched a watch and I will pay the the expenses and they dont have to pay for any mistakes they've made. So if this really was done by my watch smith, he would have told me rather than just ship it as it was. And as the fact he is an experienced watch smith for 5+ years and looking at the watch condition, I dont think my watch smith lied. If he mis-handle a watch, and it would be a small scratch which is hardly noticeable. There are fully ruined screws and one even broken with glue inside.

(I just talked to my watch smith again about this matter and explained how serious this could cause us if this is done by us and we denied it, and he swore he didnt do it)

I need to take a side on this matter and based on the info I have, I chose to trust my watch smith this time. But I have no way to find out the actual reason behind this. I will leave the decision to the forum admin team, if they think my watch smith should be accountable for this and I will take replacement/rerurn of the watch without question asked.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
A solution is in reach,...this is what this forum is about

shinseegae

24/5/18
While we are waiting for admin team’s verdict I was offered some screws... is it an interim solution or a final? I don’t know...
2817fe196819b7e58e2e92e37d33fa14.png

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
We were trying to help you to put the watch together. We didnt do this because we admitted damaging your watch.