• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Schedule of AR Coating Services

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
Anti-Reflective Coating Services (Sapphire crystals only)

Coating Member crystals:

· In order to coat your sapphire crystals they must be free of any existing coatings. Most rep crystals have existing AR coating except most Pateks- older Rolexes and some others.

· If your sapphire crystal has existing AR coating and you want me to remove it, the cost for doing removing the existing coating is per crystal: ----------------
$50 usd

· Apply AR coating to owner’s AR free sapphire crystal: ------------------
$95 usd

· Labor to remove and replace crystal from owner’s watch base price: ------------
$60 usd

· NOTE: there are some watches that cost more to remove and replace the crystal- one such example is the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Most are $40 usd but it would be a good idea to send me a message to make sure that is the correct cost.

Supply new double-sided AR coated Sapphire crystals:

· Most Audemars and Hublot crystals are: -------------------
$149 each

· All Audemars Cyclops both ROO and divers are: --------------
$128 each

· Most other crystals, with the exception of the Rolex sd43 or Black Hole crystals, are:
$168 each

· Rolex sd43 black hole crystals are: -----------
$198 each

There are some crystals that I am unable to source from my normal dealers at reasonable prices.

Watches like: Patek Nautilus and Aquanauts, and the BlancpainFifty Fathoms and a number of others are not readily available due to their high costs, but I can search my suppliers and let you know the cost.

Timing:
If you are asking me to coat one of your crystals, or if I need to source one that is not normally available from my suppliers or in my inventory, then your crystal would be sent to the lab when I send my next batch which could be as long as 6 weeks from the time you contact me.

The current production time at the lab is three weeks- this is just a guide as times change and are somewhat dependent upon my volume.

I need to send a minimum of 150 crystals to the lab at one time so there might be times when you want a crystal coated but I am unable to have it done for you in less than 2 months-

I will let you know an expected time as best I can, but I cannot promise delivery on a specific day.

If you need a new crystal that I have in stock and you do not require installation I will normally be able to ship it to you within 3 days of payment receipt.

Special Circumstances:

If you have a situation that is unusual please contact me and I will do my best to assist you.

Last edited:

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
The black hole crystals went up in price for my next batch to the $180 I have in my previous thread as the lab could not get as many crystal in their chamber due to the size of the masking apparatus needed for the black hole design. I still have a few left and I can sell those at the $158 price that I sell the other Swiss Rolex crystals for

machim

19/7/17
Hi @rnrprof , noob question. If I get 2x AR , is it mean I scarify the scratch proof of crystal ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
Correct . any coating is not going to be a scratch proof as the sapphire alone. Some members opt for having coating on the bottom only- It is not as good a blocker of reflection as both sides but then there is no fear of scratching the coating

Reactions: Obelard

Maduro

Known Member
17/2/13
Hi Prof,
What is the best/preferred method of contacting you? I have some questions on 2 watches I'd like for you to work on. Do you have email or do you just want me to post on here?

Thanks

D

d4m.test

Correct . any coating is not going to be a scratch proof as the sapphire alone. Some members opt for having coating on the bottom only- It is not as good a blocker of reflection as both sides but then there is no fear of scratching the coating

Hi, Great product! Question for you: If the coating is scratched, what are the options for repair? Can we buff it out ourselves or should we send back to you? If we send back, what is the cost (do we need to replace the entire crystal?) Thanks.

JimmyD750

Renowned Member
Certified
18/3/15
St. Louis, MO
This is outstanding. Thank you, I'll be contacting you for a black hole upon after-Christmas delivery

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mrkt

Known Member
10/10/16
Anti-Reflective Coating Services (Sapphire crystals only)

Coating Member crystals:

· In order to coat your sapphire crystals they must be free of any existing coatings. Most rep crystals have existing AR coating except most Pateks- older Rolexes and some others.

· If your sapphire crystal has existing AR coating and you want me to remove it, the cost for doing removing the existing coating is per crystal: ----------------
$30usd

· Apply AR coating to owner’s AR free sapphire crystal: ------------------
$90usd

· Labor to remove and replace crystal from owner’s watch base price: ------------
$40usd

· NOTE: there are some watches that cost more to remove and replace the crystal- one such example is the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Most are $40 usd but it would be a good idea to send me a message to make sure that is the correct cost.

Supply new double-sided AR coated Sapphire crystals:

· Most Audemars and Hublot crystals are: -------------------
$128 each

· All Audemars Cyclops both ROO and divers are: --------------
$118 each

· Most other crystals, with the exception of the Rolex submariner/GMTII Black Hole crystals, are:
$158 each

· Role submariner/ GMTII black hole crystals are: -----------
$180 each

There are some crystals that I am unable to source from my normal dealers at reasonable prices.

Watches like: Patek Nautilus and Aquanauts, and the BlancpainFifty Fathoms and a number of others are not readily available due to their high costs, but I can search my suppliers and let you know the cost.

Timing:
If you are asking me to coat one of your crystals, or if I need to source one that is not normally available from my suppliers or in my inventory, then your crystal would be sent to the lab when I send my next batch which could be as long as 6 weeks from the time you contact me.

The current production time at the lab is three weeks- this is just a guide as times change and are somewhat dependent upon my volume.

I need to send a minimum of 150 crystals to the lab at one time so there might be times when you want a crystal coated but I am unable to have it done for you in less than 2 months-

I will let you know an expected time as best I can, but I cannot promise delivery on a specific day.

If you need a new crystal that I have in stock and you do not require installation I will normally be able to ship it to you within 3 days of payment receipt.

Special Circumstances:

If you have a situation that is unusual please contact me and I will do my best to assist you.

How can I proceed with sending you my watch? AP Tourbillon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crank6868

Horology Curious
29/1/17
Hey rnrprof awesome work ! Do you have a comparison pic 1x vs 2x AR? Or can you say how much better 2 times is ? Like 20% or 100% ?

crank6868

Horology Curious
29/1/17
i don't have comp pics of 1x vs 2x but an estimate would be 50% or more- the difference is great

Thanks for the fast replay. Can you also say how prone for scratches the coating is. More as the pure Saphire sure but have you baby it or is daily normal use no problem.
Thanks Mate.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
any crystal coating is not going to be as scratch-proof as a sapphire one without coating. Members tell me that my 2xar coating holds up better than any of the gen watches they have like Omega, and Breitlings that have AR coating. If you work as a mechanic I suspect the exterior coating would get scratched but I have ones that I did several years ago with no scratches but then I don't wear those watches working on cars.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
any crystal coating is not going to be as scratch-proof as a sapphire one without coating. Members tell me that my 2xar coating holds up better than any of the gen watches they have like Omega, and Breitlings that have AR coating. If you work as a mechanic I suspect the exterior coating would get scratched but I have ones that I did several years ago with no scratches but then I don't wear those watches working on cars.

Steve did my Breitling Skyland crystal when he first showed up here. That was long ago btw. Not a scratch on it, very durable! Proceed with confidence. :)

Mohammed994

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
23/5/18
I have a submariner V9 how do I purchase a glass from you

Reactions: XpanzerX

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Dear prof:

If I buy a 1xAR sapphire crystal from you for my AP ROO and let the local watchsmith install it. How do I determine which side is the coated side? The two sides of the crystal look the same, don't they?

Gb71

Known Member
18/9/18
Interesting

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk