• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bad Quality Experience :( - Prof Steve Crystal for my ARF SD43 v3 Sea-Dweller

mOrLoC89

Known Member
15/2/19
Hello, Since I see this forum as a platform for transparency and a variety of information, I would like to report my current process regarding my Prof´Steve Crystal conversion on my ARF SD43.

I ordered the glass on August 3rd. directly from user rnrprof.

The communication went well so far, Steve also answered my questions.

The glass itself was then delivered to me about 20 days later (shipping to Germany). I then forwarded my watch and the new Crystal directly to User @JohnnyDepp.

But then the disillusionment with service, unfortunately the Crystal is completely full of errors, very easy to see on the video:

Here you can see it directly in the light - lot of spots on the coating:

https://youtu.be/St4kq685_U0

Second video is also exrem noticable, check the marks at 7:

https://youtu.be/BdwHzLzTypQ

There is definitely a defect in the AR coating - this is definitely not acceptable for the price of 200 dollars ... I wrote to Steve today and asked for a solution, I'll keep reporting how the process continues ...

So if i get new, perfect one i will edit and update you about the final solution than

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Hello, Since I see this forum as a platform for transparency and a variety of information, I would like to report my current process regarding my Prof´Steve Crystal conversion on my ARF SD43.

The glass itself was then delivered to me about 20 days later (shipping to Germany). I then forwarded my watch and the new Crystal directly to User @JohnnyDepp.

But then the disillusionment with service, unfortunately the Crystal is completely full of errors, very easy to see on the video:

There is definitely a defect in the AR coating - this is definitely not acceptable for the price of 200 dollars ... I wrote to Steve today and asked for a solution, I'll keep reporting how the process continues ...

So if i get new, perfect one i will edit and update you about the final solution than

You put Steve on Blast before you gave him a chance to fix the problem ?

Nice going ....smh

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida

The way it is supposed to go is like this. Oh, my crystal is not right. Hey Steve can you provide me some options for this? If not, hey mods look at this evidence I have compiled and Steve is not working with me. Can you help? This is about as far as it goes. But let us say mods could not assist. They usually call out the vendor to make it right. If nothing is resolved you kindly ask if you can post your review and lack any of professionalism.

you have skipped or ignored a lot. While I am sure this will end well you may end up on people's personal do not trade list for overreacting and swift judgement.

Darkness5.0

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/20
I’m new Here and don’t have any bone in the fight but I could honestly say that Steve has been excellent in providing answers and helping me make the right decision on modifying my watches with that said SHIT happens and it’s how you handle the problem that makes you who you are , I think before posting the error you always give the benefit of the doubt for the person to make it right not viceversa .. Just my .2cents

Reactions: JLFast and Katarsis

mOrLoC89

Known Member
15/2/19
sorry guys, but unfortunately I can't quite understand how you scream when you give free speech. It's not about complaining because the problem is not solved, I assume that! It's much more about the fact that a piece of glass for $ 200 can be checked briefly, maybe 10 seconds before it is shipped from the USA to Germany, the errors are immediately noticeable. I have a problem with that and whoever screams loudly here has to tape my mouth because I dare to question that, claiming the 10 seconds quality control before such an elaborate shipment would not be justified at the purchase price. I hope everything will be alright and I trust the dealer, so I am ready to run to the customs office again and pick up another glass - whatever. as written I will give an update if everything went well. if an open opinion is irritating, you should perhaps read on elsewhere :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
sorry guys, but unfortunately I can't quite understand how you scream when you give free speech. It's not about complaining because the problem is not solved, I assume that! It's much more about the fact that a piece of glass for $ 200 can be checked briefly, maybe 10 seconds before it is shipped from the USA to Germany, the errors are immediately noticeable. I have a problem with that and whoever screams loudly here has to tape my mouth because I dare to question that, claiming the 10 seconds quality control before such an elaborate shipment would not be justified at the purchase price. I hope everything will be alright and I trust the dealer, so I am ready to run to the customs office again and pick up another glass - whatever. as written I will give an update if everything went well. if an open opinion is irritating, you should perhaps read on elsewhere :)

Perhaps go complain elsewhere!
You took the proper step in contacting rnrprof whom I know will resolve any issue! You had no right to post your BullShxx before he is given the chance to resolve.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

I should read on elsewhere ?

Freedom of speech is allowed here , which is why this post remains , but a little tact would be a welcome decision before you put someone on blast ...

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/2/19
Problem is that you didn’t allow prof time to address the issue and went keyboard warrior to complain here.

Maybe you can go buy elsewhere then if you are expecting a better finishing.

bcd67344b2f1de8e1d9475fc116e803c.jpg

Reactions: Tribefan

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
I once received a defective sub crystal from prof, but I contacted him as soon as I noticed and he did everything he could to make it right. He sent me a new one and I sent him the defective one back....

Teenyweeny

29/11/17
Bad Quality Experience ???? - Prof Steve Crystal for my ARF SD43 v3 Sea-Dweller

I can attest that prof is a real stand up guy
Once I did had some issue which I’m not sure exactly if it is coating or it is just my imaginations

He replaced one for me and even paid for shipping although I wanted to pay shipping

I think you should not post here but resolve it privately with prof

Last edited: