• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Designs for Exotic Leather Straps!!

J.Prime

I'm Pretty Popular
Trusted Dealer
11/4/10
I've had some new ideas this year and have taken some of my designs away from the traditionally made straps everyone else sells!! I've always taken pride in my design ideas, originality and strong attention to precision details and feel this is another stylish first from Prime!!

What you'll see below is the new design I use when producing exotic straps, but first I'll explain the how and why...

The buckle end of the strap is where the new design is extremely prominent, I'm basically flipping the end of the strap where the buckle attaches. This not only looks fantastic and allows for more personalization, it also keeps annoying scales off the wrist completely resulting in a more comfortable strap that wears like any other leather strap.

The leathers I choose to use for the center layers of the strap also receive special consideration, and with a neutral edge coating result in a stacked or pin striped edge with many color options!!! Traditionally, your strap would consist of a single colored leather or exotic hide and some accent stitching, but with a Prime Strap you can now add even more complexity into your strap if you desire!! The dial of your watch, bezel and case have a specific color scheme, the same colors can be incorporated into the straps layers which give the finished edges more contrast. Your watch was meticulously design in every detail, so why shouldn't your strap receive the same attention to detail?!!

The first strap I made in this fashion was for my massive U-Boat U42 GMT. Notice the dial colors, black, tan and red, also the Titanium case, which would eventually receive and oxidation treatment for a darker finish... More about that later** The strap was layered and the buckle end flipped to incorporate all these colors:

A few more I made soon after:

One of the best features of new design is that while the strap is being warn you cannot see the flipped leather on the buckle end so it never takes away from the clean look of the strap!!

Since then, almost every exotic strap I've made have been done this way.... But as always, it's the clients choice, I can always make the traditional style where the exotic hide wraps around both ends. Here are some of my favorites:

Each strap will come with 2 keepers normally... Once made from each prominent leather used to make the strap allowing you to adjust the look whenever you want:

Thanks for reading!!

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Cool concept...can really get your watch color scheme down with this design :thumbsup:

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
He is a trusted dealer bud, not m2m sale. Jeremy is great guy BTW and his straps are of highest quality. Love these exotics! :thumbsup: