• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My new super rep NWBIG ZF 5296G Sector Dial Calatrava

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Enough with the Nautiluses and sports watches!

This just arrived yesterday. It is so well executed. As the definition of a super rep and NWBIG watch is subjective, in my opinion, this is a definite NWBIG super rep. I owned the gen version as well. I will likely also buy the 5296R rose gold sector dial and the standard 5296G white gold non-sector dial based on just how good this rep is.

The blues hands are gorgeous and well finished, and present a splendidly pleasing displaying on top of the exquisite complexity of the equally well executed sector dial backdrop. The blues seconds hand perfectly aligns with the dial as it crisply sweeps across the beautifully done seconds track on the outer ring of the sector dial bringing me great enjoyment that I typically only get from observing a gen chronograph. The hands and dial are fantastic and identical to gen in every discernible way. On the wrist, this watch has but no flaws whatsoever. The size of the case sits perfectly atop my 7” wrist and the finishing of the case, particularly the single tier from where the mid case meets the bezel is so well finished and identical to its gen counterpart. This is the only rep I’ve ever seen, out of the box, dare I say worthy of the Geneva hallmark.

This is the rep that should keep Thierry Stern up at night as it exemplifies and showcases just how advanced reps have become.

The 5227R rose gold ZF calatrava with officers case back is also a definite NWBIG super rep IMO. ZF knocked these their calatravas out of the park!

f6fe05e5e103239ee75a0321464992be.jpg

bf0485c40cb7b6a290ab4e64688e9268.jpg

34eab9d29a8e2208c1e0cd79dbab631b.jpg

33ccdde5a638c3a9dbf83693f7fbfe72.jpg

d951e280e1fd63a1a51f30cda2b3bdc8.jpg

80d6b3c5d7130fa887835413f2709e45.jpg

da98018da230d2c5863493d662dc2e75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Cool pics.

I think the strap lets it down a little, something a bit plain about it, because the dial is a stunner.

Well wear Sir.

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Cool pics.

I think the strap lets it down a little, something a bit plain about it, because the dial is a stunner.

Well wear Sir.

The strap is of incredible quality and while not possible to detect in my above photos (you can slightly tell in the photo that shows the strap and tang buckle), it is an elegant dark navy blue that perfectly compliments the blued hands, just like the gen. Subtle elegance that embodies Patek Philippe.

For me, this is one of the most exciting reps I’ve purchased to date (more than 30 in the last 6 months). This is as perfect as it gets in the rep world. Out of the box, I don’t believe there is a better Patek or AP rep out there than the ZF calatrava line.

Last edited:
Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
The strap is of incredible quality and while not possible to detect in my above photos, it is a very dark navy blue that perfectly compliments the blued hands, just like the gen.

this is as perfect as it gets in the rep world. Out of the box, I don’t believe there is a better Patek or AP rep out there than the ZF calatrava line.

Sweet, thanks for sharing, will have a look so.
Enjoy

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
This rep is so good I just ordered 4 different ZF calatravas from Andrew at Trusty.

Reactions: MrG_EU and P..DR..D

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
The irony of reps that use the Japanese Miyota movements, like this one, are that they often times are more accurate than gen movements and well within COSC standards! This is +\- 0 seconds on my timegrapher whereas my gen 5296G was +6 seconds. Doesn’t get better than that!

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
The irony of reps that use the Japanese Miyota movements, like this one, are that they often times are more accurate than gen movements and well within COSC standards! This is +\- 0 seconds on my timegrapher whereas my gen 5296G was +6 seconds. Doesn’t get better than that!

Win win so, happy days.

If I may ask, is the movement 'noticeably' noisy, or quiet?
I know some people have sensitive hearing, but genuinely curious for this one.
Thanks

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Win win so, happy days.

If I may ask, is the movement 'noticeably' noisy, or quiet?
I know some people have sensitive hearing, but genuinely curious for this one.
Thanks

It is of relatively modest volume, similar to gen Patek movements. I never understood the fascination of rotor noise within the rep community. All of my gens are extremely loud and wildly spin to the point where even just making a turn in my car with my hand on the steering wheel will set off the movement on a noisy 10 second rendezvous. No need to silence the rotors on rep movements, all my gens are quite noisy.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
It is of relatively modest volume, similar to gen Patek movements. I never understood the fascination of rotor noise within the rep community. All of my gens are extremely loud and wildly spin to the point where even just making a turn in my car with my hand on the steering wheel will set off the movement on a noisy 10 second rendezvous. No need to silence the rotors on rep movements, all my gens are quite noisy.

Thanks for that, time to research the Calatrava line so :thumbsup:

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Here is a photo with the flash on that clearly shows the perfectly executives dial with a grainy silver coupled with white mid and outer circle on the two tracks with indeces, just like gen. Amazing job by ZF on this.

0a2b996e706ebf473b7f5d9b0f9ac7ef.jpg

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Here is a photo with the flash on that clearly shows the perfectly executives dial with a grainy silver coupled with white mid and outer circle on the two tracks with indeces, just like gen. Amazing job by ZF on this.

0a2b996e706ebf473b7f5d9b0f9ac7ef.jpg

Very nice, the navy strap is very clear here & compliments the glue hands as you saidd.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17

...and if you shake your wrist people can hear the unidirectional rotor in the neighbouring city .

Reactions: Omagad

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
...and if you shake your wrist people can hear the unidirectional rotor in the neighbouring city .

…and your comment clearly demonstrates you have absolutely zero experience with gen Patek Philippe. Guess what? Gens do the same thing.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
…and your comment clearly demonstrates you have absolutely zero experience with gen Patek Philippe. Guess what? Gens do the same thing.

LOL The unidirectional rotor on 324SC sounds nothing like the rotor on a Miyota . The Patek is an sometimes audible buzy bee noise, the Miyota sounds like Zebedee from Magic Roundabout every time you move your wrist . Just don't swing your arm about too much when chugging on that cigar and nobody should notice .

Last edited:
Reactions: Omagad

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
LOL The unidirectional rotor on 324SC sounds nothing like the rotor on a Miyota . The Patek is an sometimes audible buzy bee noise, the Miyota sounds like Zebedee from Magic Roundabout every time you move your wrist . Just don't swing your arm about too much when chugging on that cigar and nobody should notice .

Again, your comments indicate you have no experience with gen Patek watches, because that’s just simply not how it goes with the comparison. You’re just not correct, no other way to put it bro.

Last edited:

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

"...the Japanese Miyota movements, like this one, are that they often times are more accurate than gen movements."

giphy.gif