• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus 40th Anniversary Rep

Anadrol5

14/10/18
I can't tell if they're engraved or not though[/QUOTE]

If you can't tell even by staring at it for a long time does it matter whether the movement is engraved or not? I can tell you it will be even harder to tell in person because everything is too small to see with the naked eye.

Boundsoul

Bound
26/1/19
I can't tell if they're engraved or not though

If you can't tell even by staring at it for a long time does it matter whether the movement is engraved or not? I can tell you it will be even harder to tell in person because everything is too small to see with the naked eye.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right, it doesn't matter. I'd just like to know regardless, either way I've asked for a few more pictures of the movement.

Thanks for your help!

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
If you can't tell even by staring at it for a long time does it matter whether the movement is engraved or not? I can tell you it will be even harder to tell in person because everything is too small to see with the naked eye.

Not to rain on the parade...Movement engraving is the least of concerns ;) Had a chance to hold/see this watch at a NYC exhibition. This rep dial with the fake diamonds looks Tacky (strictly my opinion). The blue color is off shade too plus this is too much bling (watch will attract a lot of attention in a crowd)

With all that said, enjoy your watch in good health!! I hope you are happy with the watch.

Last edited:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Is this good too?

Looks great, though I would suggest you service the movement. For me, 304 amplitude is a bit on the high side (prefer it <300), not good for movement longevity.

Last edited:

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Not to rain on the parade...Movement engraving is the least of concerns ;) Had a chance to hold/see this watch at a NYC exhibition. This rep dial with the fake diamonds looks Tacky (strictly my opinion). The blue color is off shade too plus this is too much bling (watch will attract a lot of attention in a crowd)

With all that said, enjoy your watch in good health!! I hope you are happy with the watch.

Yes, after having had this watch for about a month I have also come to the conclusion that it is not going to fool anyone in the know. Although the dial is good for a rep it does not have the brilliant sparkle of the gen. Also, when light is cast on the dial there are dark spots along the grooves which does not exist on the gen.

Reactions: RD35 and srhoque

RD35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/3/21
Yes, after having had this watch for about a month I have also come to the conclusion that it is not going to fool anyone in the know. Although the dial is good for a rep it does not have the brilliant sparkle of the gen. Also, when light is cast on the dial there are dark spots along the grooves which does not exist on the gen.

Is yours the 3k factory version?
Did PPF made this model? I read they make closer to gen dial on the Nautilus.

I don't care much on the weight or movement engraving as I will not hand over my watch to someone for inspection.

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Is yours the 3k factory version?
Did PPF made this model? I read they make closer to gen dial on the Nautilus.

I don't care much on the weight or movement engraving as I will not hand over my watch to someone for inspection.

Yes mine is the 3K version. To my knowledge PPF has not made the 40th anniversary version Nautilus to date.

Reactions: RD35

javicc

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
20/10/19
this version is only in 3kf

Last edited:

man5on90

Even a Copy Gives You a Distinctive Feeling
Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
Also interesting to note that the crown at 3oclock on the anniversary model protrudes out slightly further compared to the standard 5711. (these are both gens) I was quite happy about that ... lol

nobigdeal2010

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
11/11/13
CONUS
Rapper "Lil baby" wearing/flexing what appears to be a 3k factory watch :bang: From his instagram.. probably just doesn't know any better. Hopefully he didn't pay 800k for that.

jWOODI.png
jWOYoc.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayor_McCheese

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Lmao. Reminds me of the NFL guy I think it was with the fake Richard Mille 56-02 sapphire watch, real price $2M.

How can you tell it's a 3KF and not a gen??

You can see straight away from the crown that it is not 3KF. You can also tell from the shape of the bracelet links. Gen links have a more pronounced curve as opposed to 3KF ones which are flatter.

Reactions: Mayor_McCheese

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Considering the fact that we have a more irl photos how dial behaves I think we can say that it's the best 40th dial again

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
What's a dumb guy like him doing with such a nice piece?? He probably has a nice looking white girlfriend too smh

Caribbean « Stud » no less... Stop Hating and get your life together... from my view you sound like the loser and dummy hating...

Mayor_McCheese

29/4/20
Brisbane, Australia
Just saw on Chrono24 that the 40th Anniversary in platinum costs less than the steel with green dial and diamond bezel :confused: amazing.

Puretime has that watch from 3KF posted about 1 week ago. I know diamonds aren't for everyone some people think they look too 'blingy' or feminine, in that Nautilus I'm tempted to buy though I like it. A bit costly though at $658