• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Latest 3KF nautilus

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
The watch, the picture taking skills or the Aston Martin ??? :D

I love things of a mechanical nature. If it's got gears and a soul to it... I probably have an appreciation for it :D

Reactions: Tobel

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Is white dial the best for 3KF V2? Debating between that and the green dial.

White dial is still PPF (my subjective preference). Green dial is unique (don’t compare with gen), I would go with that.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I love things of a mechanical nature. If it's got gears and a soul to it... I probably have an appreciation for it :D

I understand mate, believe me I do ;)

Dpap

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
20/6/13
Idiotic question: puretime has two versions of the blue dial: blue/grey and blue. Are these supposed to be different vintages? Which one is ‘closest’ to the gen dial?

KilltheDeath

Known Member
4/10/20
Idiotic question: puretime has two versions of the blue dial: blue/grey and blue. Are these supposed to be different vintages? Which one is ‘closest’ to the gen dial?

two different dials. you can look at the logo on the dial. based on the YouTube video above, the blue dial seems to be closer to gen than ppt v4.

btrizzy1

Known Member
26/12/09

Just sharing some QC pics of a 5711 I already GL. Looks like a proper V2 with updates crown guards, engraved rotor, and fixed first link, at least to my eyes.

Reactions: NakedPhil

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
Two things i found on the new version.
first the stripe on the dial is thicker then gen.
second, 3k seems to have AR on crystal where gen doesnt

mosh_2k7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/9/10
Does anyone know if these gen parts would fit the 3KF movement??? Would it be a straight fit or would it require some modification first???

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
Does anyone know if these gen parts would fit the 3KF movement??? Would it be a straight fit or would it require some modification first???

No unfortunately they won't work without heavy modification. While you could get the bridges to fit on the 3kf main plate. Alignment of the pivots is questionable. And just to name another hurdle the gen 324 uses thicker more substantial pivots on their parts. Which would mean you'd have enormous slop in the jewel holes. It would be easier to get a gen 324 baseplate, those bridges and then start filling up the inside with gen/ 3KF parts.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

mosh_2k7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/9/10
No unfortunately they won't work without heavy modification. While you could get the bridges to fit on the 3kf main plate. Alignment of the pivots is questionable. And just to name another hurdle the gen 324 uses thicker more substantial pivots on their parts. Which would mean you'd have enormous slop in the jewel holes. It would be easier to get a gen 324 baseplate, those bridges and then start filling up the inside with gen/ 3KF parts.

Thanks for that info!!! I didn’t know about the thicker pivots! So i’ll keep a lookout for the gen 324 baseplate! :)

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU

Too bad because those gen parts would have highly improved the look of @mosh_2k7's 3KF movement.

cjt4588

Horology Curious
1/8/21
Just sharing some QC pics of a 5711 I already GL. Looks like a proper V2 with updates crown guards, engraved rotor, and fixed first link, at least to my eyes.

So we're not out of the woods fully it seems. Made an order with the same TD because I was feeling hopeful having seen these QCs but it seems like we still have some fat links on the market. It had the updated crown guards but the first link was massive, so no go. We'll see if he can source a proper V2 for me.