• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Latest 3KF nautilus

Obelard

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/4/19
Belgium
Well buddy it is a good start you like reps. Now don’t feel obliged to preach your narrow minded views to others. RWI is a sharing community of watch lovers. There are a multitude of situations (and I know all this seems very overwhelming for your simple minded brain) where someone would pick a patek for us own pleasure. I could easily pick up a 5711 at retail but I am not in the Patek good book. I simply refuse to pay grey market money. So should I miss in the pleasure of owning one?

I let you make you own opinion (feel free to keep it to yourself)

2e85349f2b917393bfe92a7b856c90f0.jpg

(Btw I am smoking a very nice cigar just now and eating lobster. So you think I can wear my ‘fake’ patek? Or shall I hide it in the watch box?)

8f13488058728aa5181ed087d75a4bab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5625dfa7fd9dbfc0f6a2e79d7da24980.jpg

Obelard

28/4/19
Belgium
Well buddy it is a good start you like reps. Now don’t feel obliged to preach your narrow minded views to others. RWI is a sharing community of watch lovers. There are a multitude of situations (and I know all this seems very overwhelming for your simple minded brain) where someone would pick a patek for us own pleasure. I could easily pick up a 5711 at retail but I am not in the Patek good book. I simply refuse to pay grey market money. So should I miss in the pleasure of owning one?

(Btw I am smoking a very nice cigar just now and eating lobster. So you think I can wear my ‘fake’ patek? Or shall I hide it in the watch box?)

You call this ????? This is shrimp ???? this is lobester????
c4f68308ad847f778573e9c1908c4a32.jpg

Obelard

28/4/19
Belgium

BTW sorry!
80dec4afdd6e0e2455b2626e24f9ffe9.jpg

KilltheDeath

Known Member
4/10/20
May I get a confirmation how the crown should be looked like?
I have read through all pages and I find it is quite confusing about the crown shape.

The green dial has a sharp crown (the V shape)
The blue dial has a more rounded crown (the U shape)

Sorry if I misinterpret the meaning

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
If you mean the crown guard afaik in the current productions irrespectively of the dial color at least two shapes exist including the \__/ shape which is 5711 gen like.

Last edited:

gmtring

1/8/15
I just received mine…what do you think?
i had a 3kf before but this new one, looks much better:
- no 1st big link
- correct case shape
- better datewheel
- correct shape crown and cronguards

do you agree ?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
I just received mine…what do you think?
i had a 3kf before but this new one, looks much better:
- no 1st big link
- correct case shape
- better datewheel
- correct shape crown and cronguards

do you agree ?

Wear it in good health. Imho atm this is the best 5711 OOTB.

Reactions: weezkid

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18

Nice sample, enjoy in good health!! The DW is well centered, font needs to bolder though to be more gen like. I hope the dial turns Creamy white like the PPF version (which is the gold standard in reps for me). Maybe I am nit picking - the 12 o'clock markers in your pics look suspect (not straight)...probably not visible at wrist distance though.

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
Ooops, I had written some context to the pics above, but for whatever reason none of it had made into my post.

I just rec'd my 3KF from a m2m deal; I've been eyeing the new version with revised case (CG, 1st link) and v2 movement from afar and after seeing one pop up in the sales forum, the timing was right to have a closer look. Initially, I wasn't quite sure how I felt about the white dial, but seeing it in person I can say without a doubt that I think it's a great pairing to the Nautilus aesthetic. It gives the watch a very casual, sports watch kind of feel, and the more I look at it, the more I love the simple austerity. The bold, stark contrast of hands, indicies and date window along with the subtle ribbing of the dial really gives the face of the watch some nice depth, and the one detail that I love most about the Nautilus is the omission of a depth rating, advertisement of being an 'Automatic' watch or any other unnecessary text cluttering the dial.

I think we are in a very fortunate place in the rep world; 20 years ago, if you had told me that we'd one day have cloned manufacturer movements, a dial, case and bracelet of this quality, and all for ~$500-ish... I'd have said you were probably full on full of it. But having watches of this quality, with the aspects of a cloned movement and details that are of the quality that they possess... To have something this close to gen for basically 1.45% of the rrp book price of the gen... That's pretty incredible I think. And maybe kind of pulls the curtain back on what the Swiss watch manufacturers really don't want people to know.

Is the 3KF perfect? I think it's pretty close. Especially at a savings of $34,500 retail/$109,500 secondary market. I'll take that all day every day :D

And one more pic that didn't make it in my last post...
51412742237_0feb726c98_k.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

zinduna

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
I think we are in a very fortunate place in the rep world; 20 years ago, if you had told me that we'd one day have cloned manufacturer movements, a dial, case and bracelet of this quality, and all for ~$500-ish... I'd have said you were probably full on full of it. But having watches of this quality, with the aspects of a cloned movement and details that are of the quality that they possess... To have something this close to gen for basically 1.45% of the rrp book price of the gen... That's pretty incredible I think. And maybe kind of pulls the curtain back on what the Swiss watch manufacturers really don't want people to know.

Is the 3KF perfect? I think it's pretty close. Especially at a savings of $34,500 retail/$109,500 secondary market. I'll take that all day every day :D

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

Superb pictures too!

Reactions: ubi

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Not sure which is better...the watch or your picture taking skills :confused: Enjoy in good health (get the DW centered, messing up the looks)

The watch, the picture taking skills or the Aston Martin ??? :D