• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ZF Aquanaut 5164a Travel Time

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
My QC came in. Honestly everything looks very nice for the most part but I might have to RL. The date indicator seems to be between the dot and the 9 rather than being centered on the dot.
ZcpGjD.png

so every month after the seventh you get to go back in time :thumbsup: and after the 5th you can jump into the future ... The first rep time machine.

pip72

21/2/19
so every month after the seventh you get to go back in time :thumbsup: and after the 5th you can jump into the future ... The first rep time machine.
I have this issue with my date wheel on my PPF 5712 can it be easily fixed?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

jcguo0516

4/12/18
you've gotta be kidding me, what a perfect rep, and you complain about the date being misaligned for 1mm? damn, well good luck rejecting the next qc as well, im sure you will find another flaws

My QC came in. Honestly everything looks very nice for the most part but I might have to RL. The date indicator seems to be between the dot and the 9 rather than being centered on the dot.
ZcpGjD.png

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
jcguo0516 I'm not interested in looking at the date and seeing the marker in between dates, that's just ridiculous. I have red lit many off date reps plenty of times and am always happy with the next go around... so relax yourself.

Last edited:

Looking Around
12/2/19
Man I am still waiting for my qcs and been 2 weeks meanwhile you are making a fuss for a micron off at 100x magnification seriously

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Man I am still waiting for my qcs and been 2 weeks meanwhile you are making a fuss for a micron off at 100x magnification seriously

Tbh before I dropped $500 I'd be sure it was gonna meet my requirements. Admittedly my bar is set a little low, but we're all allowed our individual preferences, maybe his RL'd one will make it's way to you and you'll be happy with it, he clearly isnt and that's his prerogative ;)

Hope you get your QC soon Sir, waiting on mine too :culpability:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19

Buddy how is this off at 100x magnification? The date indicator is literally IN BETWEEN the two dates. How this is something you guys are popping a blood vessel for is beyond me.

You might have low standards, but people actually like knowing that their date indicator works right if the watch calls for it?

Last edited:
Reactions: RunningTurtle24

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Tbh before I dropped $500 I'd be sure it was gonna meet my requirements. Admittedly my bar is set a little low, but we're all allowed our individual preferences, maybe his RL'd one will make it's way to you and you'll be happy with it, he clearly isnt and that's his prerogative ;)

Hope you get your QC soon Sir, waiting on mine too :culpability:

Please post your QC when you get them!

Agyo553322

Horology Curious
23/8/20
I also ordered one from trusty, will post QC pics and RL pic once in hands!

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
ZccYsQ.png

RG just new from ZF, strap looks far too chocolate-ish as opposed to the deep darker brown on the gen

Gen for reference:

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19

Received my second QC model after rejecting the first, and would you look at that... the date indicator is actually centered and much better now.

Now imagine if I succumbed to the peer pressure of the goofs who thought it was a bad idea to RL the initial one and be stuck with an inaccurate date meter :lol3:

So glad I did, this looks wonderful!