• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ZF Aquanaut 5164a Travel Time

SmartyPants

18/5/17
Thank you for sharing.

Not all heroes wear capes - thank you!

So the GMT hand is not a 24 hour one like seen on other models and it's adjustable. Unexpected to say the least. And the home and local indicators work as they should. Now that's an announcement by ZF. Apart from the pushers everything else works, those are great news! Definitely a big step forward, hats off to ZF.

Last edited:
Reactions: P..DR..D

jcguo0516

4/12/18
Damn this is good, i dont mind gmt work like that as long as they work, im gonna order

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Damn this is good, i dont mind gmt work like that as long as they work, im gonna order

Agreed. Just threw an email there, so will see what the answer is.

Not sure if ZF is operational, seems to be changing by the day (in addition to extra covid restrictions according to Lucy) so fingers crossed.

Apniceguy

3/3/20
Someone can explain the functions of thus watch? It starts to be really confusing.
what the pushers should do?

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Someone can explain the functions of thus watch? It starts to be really confusing.
what the pushers should do?

Not a clue tbh, from what one of the previous posters said, on the rep they appear decorative, as they aren't connected on the back to anything. Which is fine for me at this price point.

I think someone, way more knowledgeable than me, said to have them functioning 'as gen', would add additional cost, so at this price, am ok with that minor sacrifice.

It tells the time, looks good, and a GMT hand that I probably wont use, so good enough for me :thumbsup:

Next step is getting one in hand so will see what my TD says.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takel98

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Nice to see complications actually work to some degree especially for the price. The watch measured at 11mm thickness in the video while gen is 10.2mm so it is unfortunately a little thicker but doesn't look bad. Still very interested in it.

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe
Not a clue tbh, from what one of the previous posters said, on the rep they appear decorative, as they aren't connected on the back to anything. Which is fine for me at this price point.

I think someone, way more knowledgeable than me, said to have them functioning 'as gen', would add additional cost, so at this price, am ok with that minor sacrifice.

It tells the time, looks good, and a GMT hand that I probably wont use, so good enough for me :thumbsup:

Next step is getting one in hand so will see what my TD says.
agreed quite like this too, at this price range especially and at this thickness I think it would wear a bit better then the 5167 so putting this one on the gonna buy list lol.. :)

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
agreed quite like this too, at this price range especially and at this thickness I think it would wear a bit better then the 5167 so putting this one on the gonna buy list lol.. :)

Cool, as soon as I hear back will update the thread as to the status.

Hopefully ZF is possible at the moment, only the guys (or girls) on the ground know, so will see what she replies.

Reactions: Takel98

SmartyPants

18/5/17

Well technically speaking all the complications such as date, local and home window, as well as the 12 hour GMT function work just like on then gen albeit slightly differently since the GMT hand is not adjusted by the pushers.

Last edited:
Reactions: pip72 and P..DR..D

jcguo0516

4/12/18
Yes but its tricky, watch the video, you have to reverse to change the difference between gmt hand and hour hand

Can the GMT hand be moved by a crown setting? If so, then this is going to itch my wallet

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
I see it. Around the 2minute mark of the video, the hour hand is aligned with the GMT hand and afterwards they move together. I have to process this lolz

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
It's gonna be one fiddly ass GMT. Hypothetically (since I haven't gone hands on with it) it would mean if you started out in say California with both hour hands aligned. Then flew to New York which is + 3 hours ahead. You'd move both hands forward 3 hours, then move your home time hand, which dosnt move the GMT hand, backward back 3 hours. That's pretty simple and easy to do. Now unfortunately when you fly back you couldn't do the same thing since the GMT hand only goes in one direction. You would have to reverse the home hand a full 24 hours (because of the day night indicator), align the two hands, THEN move both of the hands to the correct time, AND THEN finally adjust the date cus it's probably not gonna be correct at that point.

Reactions: pip72 and RedBearrd

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
My QC came in. Honestly everything looks very nice for the most part but I might have to RL. The date indicator seems to be between the dot and the 9 rather than being centered on the dot.
ZcpGjD.png

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
The marker is literally almost between the two dates. If that's not a reason to RL I don't know what is

Considering Puretime has examples of well aligned date alignment:

I'd say getting a better one shouldn't be tough.