• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ZF Aquanaut 5164a Travel Time

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
As much as I appreciated this, it still doesn't show us whether the pushers function.

Though it does seem to hint at the Day / Night being somewhat functional... at least in that it transitions, though not necessarily that it is coordinated with the actual local / home times.

In regards to the pushers, the small pusher for the date looks like it works, but the two pushers for the GMT portion may be "clicky" but they aren't connected to anything, so wont advance/ recede anything.

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
In regards to the pushers, the small pusher for the date looks like it works, but the two pushers for the GMT portion may be "clicky" but they aren't connected to anything, so wont advance/ recede anything.

Very disappointing. I won’t be buying as this was the one feature I was looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullflo3

Certified
13/2/18

Unfortunate. Great eye, though.

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.

Great catch .. What a shame though!

I will probably pass as well. I knew it was a long shot that the pushers would function, but that would've been the selling point for me.

pip72

21/2/19
Great catch .. What a shame though!

I will probably pass as well. I knew it was a long shot that the pushers would function, but that would've been the selling point for me.
Yep deal breaker for me as well.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

FourthLetter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/18

Well thats no fun..

Reactions: pip72

manuel02

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/1/21
We have to wait for a review but for me is a good rep. I own a 3K aquanaut and im happy with it, i think for me it's the best in the rep market

pip72

21/2/19
We have to wait for a review but for me is a good rep. I own a 3K aquanaut and im happy with it, i think for me it's the best in the rep market
Yes I just got the 3KF Aquanaut 5168G Khaki Green I can't wait to get it.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Most disappointing rep of 2021 so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
If you like the watch for the aesthetics and basic time keeping is it a disappointment still? Looks nice to me and an upgrade from GRF

Reactions: thenut and pip72

jcguo0516

4/12/18
damn this sucks, i can take it if the left pushers dont work, but the gmt hands dont move, that killed it for me

this watch is so beautiful, man

gonna wait for at least watching the videos before buying, but most likely im still gonna buy it

GMT hand can't be adjusted)

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Whomp whomp. For $50 more than the 2 year old 5164 from GRF, you'd expect a little more functionality. SMH

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I don't understand this functionality for price talk.

If ZF had the right complications this would cost way more than 478. 478 is what their standard 5167 Aquanauts cost and this is giving you the same properties for the same price but with a different aesthetic for those who prefer the look of the 5164.

The reason it costs more than GRF is because ZF generally has higher quality and fit and finish in their models. Nobody puts the GRF quality for their 5164 on the same level as the ZF 5167 so you should reasonably expect the same from ZF here. Not to mention this is also apparently gen thickness, which GRF is not, so there is another advantage for the extra 50 more USD.

If this actually did have gen complications this would be 100-200 more dollars than it is now, much like the pricing of PPFs 5712 and 5726 over their 5711 model.

If ZF charging 478 for their 5167, it is acceptable to charge the same for a basic function 5164 IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5712