• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ZF Aquanaut 5164a Travel Time

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Never had, or thought I'd have, a brown strap, but the contrast with the rose gold looks very very slick, so thank you for sharing, now I'm surprisingly torn between the original and the one you linked :eek:hwell:

Looks just pure class, doesn’t it? Tempted… this or wait for the ZF vacheron FiftySix Calendar in RG and brown….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Looks just pure class, doesn’t it? Tempted… this or wait for the ZF vacheron FiftySix Calendar in RG and brown….

Haven't even looked at the Vacheron (but thank you for the redirect), dammit, everytime I check the forum & subscribed threads my bank weeps, but my wrist smiles :drinks_cheers:

pip72

21/2/19
Thanks!

Based on this pic, it should be around the 6 pm/am mark, not sure how long it takes to fully go from night to day on gen, on this replica is around 2 hrs to fully transition

I guess we will have to wait until more ppl get hold of their watches so we can be sure that all copies are the same (transitioning at 12 am/pm) or if only mine is not accurate

jDYchv.jpg
My date transferred over to the next day at 8am something is wrong. Any ideas?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Does ZF do decent rose gold? Every yellow/rose gold rep I had, even from VSF, looks like bronze crap

Last edited:

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Does ZF do decent rose gold? Every yellow/rose gold rep I had, even from VSF, looks like bronze crap

The ZF AP 15202 RG seems to have one of the most ‘close to gen’ rose gold plating. I say ‘seems’ because I have not seen it IRL but it is what owners have said in the respective thread

Reactions: Meicmo84

Agyo553322

Horology Curious
23/8/20
My date transferred over to the next day at 8am something is wrong. Any ideas?

Maybe your GMT function was on and you were looking at the wrong hand? So seems to you that the date moved at 8 AM but the skeletonized hand (local), is the one that actually makes the date shift and that hand was at 12 at that time but you didn't realize that?.. if not then, that's a really weird thing lol

Last edited:
Reactions: pip72

Watyouseek

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/21
The ZF AP 15202 RG seems to have one of the most ‘close to gen’ rose gold plating. I say ‘seems’ because I have not seen it IRL but it is what owners have said in the respective thread

I think the lighting changes the color is the rg color too

pip72

21/2/19
It's gonna be one fiddly ass GMT. Hypothetically (since I haven't gone hands on with it) it would mean if you started out in say California with both hour hands aligned. Then flew to New York which is + 3 hours ahead. You'd move both hands forward 3 hours, then move your home time hand, which dosnt move the GMT hand, backward back 3 hours. That's pretty simple and easy to do. Now unfortunately when you fly back you couldn't do the same thing since the GMT hand only goes in one direction. You would have to reverse the home hand a full 24 hours (because of the day night indicator), align the two hands, THEN move both of the hands to the correct time, AND THEN finally adjust the date cus it's probably not gonna be correct at that point.

Yes, it sure is I'm still trying to figure it all out.

pip72

21/2/19
Maybe your GMT function was on and you were looking at the wrong hand? So seems to you that the date moved at 8 AM but the skeletonized hand (local), is the one that actually makes the date shift and that hand was at 12 at that time but you didn't realize that?.. if not then, that's a really weird thing lol

So the Skeletinzied hand is the LOCAL function and the Solid white hand moves with the HOME function? I heard the reverse on Tim Mosso watch box reviews. LOL

pip72

21/2/19
I don't know why I have a hard time wrapping my brain around the concept of "HOME" and "LOCAL" but tell me if I am wrong "LOCAL" is where I am visiting in another time zone and should be referenced by the skeletal hand. "HOME" is where I live on a permanent basis and should be referenced by the solid white hand. The white hand should change the date wheel when going over the 12 am marker. The skeletal hand should not change the date at all is that correct? Sorry for my dumb questions. LOL!

pip72

21/2/19
Interesting, on other members watch it starts midnight.
on gen it starts around 6 pm
Yep I set both home and local to the same time hiding the skeletalized hand and sure enough it does start transitioning at 6 pm and is full blue around 8:35.

Apniceguy

3/3/20
Yep I set both home and local to the same time hiding the skeletalized hand and sure enough it does start transitioning at 6 pm and is full blue around 8:35.

Amazing
it means it works like gen
isn't it?

Agyo553322

Horology Curious
23/8/20

Can you post pictures? I have mine in my hands and the transition occurs at 12! ( meaning it starts at 10 -11 PM/AM ends at 1-2(am-pm) having both hands together does not make any difference...
I also made a mistake the local hand is the full hand, home is the skeleton, as you can see in the pictures.

pip72

21/2/19
you can see that the transition has started in the far left corner and at 7:50 am it's almost halfway. The transition started earlier but I had a hard time taking of that. p
5c046d357865ff0e9d0459ced1a2fd20.jpg

Last edited:

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
Does anyone have an idea of the wait times for the watch currently? I've emailed two TDs and not received a response.

pip72

21/2/19
Does anyone have an idea of the wait times for the watch currently? I've emailed two TDs and not received a response.

I ordered from PureTime and it took around a month for order, QC and shipping and delivery.