New ZF Aquanaut 5164a Travel Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Takel98 View Post
    agreed quite like this too, at this price range especially and at this thickness I think it would wear a bit better then the 5167 so putting this one on the gonna buy list lol..
    Cool, as soon as I hear back will update the thread as to the status.

Hopefully ZF is possible at the moment, only the guys (or girls) on the ground know, so will see what she replies.
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time"

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get"

Nerds Assemble - Tissot Trip - Breitling Break - Pams Photo Parade

Comment

Originally posted by Takel98 View Post
      agreed quite like this too, at this price range especially and at this thickness I think it would wear a bit better then the 5167 so putting this one on the gonna buy list lol..
      Well technically speaking all the complications such as date, local and home window, as well as the 12 hour GMT function work just like on then gen albeit slightly differently since the GMT hand is not adjusted by the pushers.
      Last edited by SmartyPants; 18-06-21, 13:24.

Comment

Can the GMT hand be moved by a crown setting? If so, then this is going to itch my wallet

Comment

Yes but its tricky, watch the video, you have to reverse to change the difference between gmt hand and hour hand

Originally posted by RedBearrd View Post
          Can the GMT hand be moved by a crown setting? If so, then this is going to itch my wallet

Comment

Originally posted by jcguo0516 View Post
            Yes but its tricky, watch the video, you have to reverse to change the difference between gmt hand and hour hand

Ok that sounds fidly. Need to watch that video again, see one on youku

Comment

I see it. Around the 2minute mark of the video, the hour hand is aligned with the GMT hand and afterwards they move together. I have to process this lolz

Comment

It's gonna be one fiddly ass GMT. Hypothetically (since I haven't gone hands on with it) it would mean if you started out in say California with both hour hands aligned. Then flew to New York which is + 3 hours ahead. You'd move both hands forward 3 hours, then move your home time hand, which dosnt move the GMT hand, backward back 3 hours. That's pretty simple and easy to do. Now unfortunately when you fly back you couldn't do the same thing since the GMT hand only goes in one direction. You would have to reverse the home hand a full 24 hours (because of the day night indicator), align the two hands, THEN move both of the hands to the correct time, AND THEN finally adjust the date cus it's probably not gonna be correct at that point.

Comment

My QC came in. Honestly everything looks very nice for the most part but I might have to RL. The date indicator seems to be between the dot and the 9 rather than being centered on the dot.

Last edited by Duckber; 19-06-21, 18:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckber View Post
                    but I might have to RL. The date indicator seems to be between the dot and the 9 rather than being centered on the dot.
                    good luck with finding a better one with your TD.

Comment

The marker is literally almost between the two dates. If that's not a reason to RL I don't know what is

Considering Puretime has examples of well aligned date alignment:

I'd say getting a better one shouldn't be tough.

Comment

My QC came in. Honestly everything looks very nice for the most part but I might have to RL. The date indicator seems to be between the dot and the 9 rather than being centered on the dot.

so every month after the seventh you get to go back in time and after the 5th you can jump into the future ... The first rep time machine.

Comment

Originally posted by kavorca1 View Post

so every month after the seventh you get to go back in time and after the 5th you can jump into the future ... The first rep time machine.
                          I have this issue with my date wheel on my PPF 5712 can it be easily fixed?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pip72 View Post
                            I have this issue with my date wheel on my PPF 5712 can it be easily fixed?

I'm actually a little confused about the joke, can you or kavorca1 explain?

Comment

I'm actually a little confused about the joke, can you or kavorca1 explain?
                              I have no idea what he is talking about.

Comment

you've gotta be kidding me, what a perfect rep, and you complain about the date being misaligned for 1mm? damn, well good luck rejecting the next qc as well, im sure you will find another flaws

Comment

Working...
                                X