New ZF Aquanaut 5164a Travel Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duckber View Post
    Does ZF do decent rose gold? Every yellow/rose gold rep I had, even from VSF, looks like bronze crap
    The ZF AP 15202 RG seems to have one of the most ‘close to gen’ rose gold plating. I say ‘seems’ because I have not seen it IRL but it is what owners have said in the respective thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pip72 View Post
      My date transferred over to the next day at 8am something is wrong. Any ideas?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk
      Maybe your GMT function was on and you were looking at the wrong hand? So seems to you that the date moved at 8 AM but the skeletonized hand (local), is the one that actually makes the date shift and that hand was at 12 at that time but you didn't realize that?.. if not then, that's a really weird thing lol
      Last edited by Agyo553322; 04-07-21, 11:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss_goupil View Post

The ZF AP 15202 RG seems to have one of the most ‘close to gen’ rose gold plating. I say ‘seems’ because I have not seen it IRL but it is what owners have said in the respective thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I think the lighting changes the color is the rg color too

Comment

Originally posted by DerpyOfficer View Post
          It's gonna be one fiddly ass GMT. Hypothetically (since I haven't gone hands on with it) it would mean if you started out in say California with both hour hands aligned. Then flew to New York which is + 3 hours ahead. You'd move both hands forward 3 hours, then move your home time hand, which dosnt move the GMT hand, backward back 3 hours. That's pretty simple and easy to do. Now unfortunately when you fly back you couldn't do the same thing since the GMT hand only goes in one direction. You would have to reverse the home hand a full 24 hours (because of the day night indicator), align the two hands, THEN move both of the hands to the correct time, AND THEN finally adjust the date cus it's probably not gonna be correct at that point.
          Yes, it sure is I'm still trying to figure it all out.

Comment

Originally posted by Agyo553322 View Post

Maybe your GMT function was on and you were looking at the wrong hand? So seems to you that the date moved at 8 AM but the skeletonized hand (local), is the one that actually makes the date shift and that hand was at 12 at that time but you didn't realize that?.. if not then, that's a really weird thing lol
            So the Skeletinzied hand is the LOCAL function and the Solid white hand moves with the HOME function? I heard the reverse on Tim Mosso watch box reviews. LOL

Comment

I don't know why I have a hard time wrapping my brain around the concept of "HOME" and "LOCAL" but tell me if I am wrong "LOCAL" is where I am visiting in another time zone and should be referenced by the skeletal hand. "HOME" is where I live on a permanent basis and should be referenced by the solid white hand. The white hand should change the date wheel when going over the 12 am marker. The skeletal hand should not change the date at all is that correct? Sorry for my dumb questions. LOL!

Comment

Is the GMT hand a 24 hour hand?

Comment

Is the GMT hand a 24 hour hand?
                  This is no gmt, it works differently. Check patek's website, there's a video showing how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Richmardmille View Post

Interesting, on other members watch it starts midnight.
                    on gen it starts around 6 pm
                    Yep I set both home and local to the same time hiding the skeletalized hand and sure enough it does start transitioning at 6 pm and is full blue around 8:35.

Comment

Yep I set both home and local to the same time hiding the skeletalized hand and sure enough it does start transitioning at 6 pm and is full blue around 8:35.

Amazing
                      it means it works like gen
                      isn't it?

Comment

Can you post pictures? I have mine in my hands and the transition occurs at 12! ( meaning it starts at 10 -11 PM/AM ends at 1-2(am-pm) having both hands together does not make any difference...
                        I also made a mistake the local hand is the full hand, home is the skeleton, as you can see in the pictures.

Comment

you can see that the transition has started in the far left corner and at 7:50 am it's almost halfway. The transition started earlier but I had a hard time taking of that. p

Last edited by pip72; 07-07-21, 15:22. Reason: removed dark image

Comment

10:25

Comment

Does anyone have an idea of the wait times for the watch currently? I've emailed two TDs and not received a response.

Comment

Originally posted by trtr View Post
                                Does anyone have an idea of the wait times for the watch currently? I've emailed two TDs and not received a response.
                                I ordered from PureTime and it took around a month for order, QC and shipping and delivery.

Comment

Working...
                                X