• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF Nautilus 5726, full functions and the date does not look sunken

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
[mention]Tiger4 [/mention]

It is your dial that is sitting a tad high. Check your second picture and the position of the hands. They are not in the middle of the holes

4a21110cef7605aa19d9b6617c19726f.jpg

I would accept the watch (because it is gorgeous) and rectify at the first service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roger that. Sure does look like it. That'll explain why why that month/day/date text sits low, since the dial is shifted a little upward.

MickyMountain

Horology Curious
6/10/17
Aligning movement with dial is pretty basic stuff for a watchmaker

[/QUOTE}

I see you're in the UK, like me...can you recommend someone? I have several jobs which need doing, some for reps and some for gens. It would be great to get them all done by the same person.

phlu

PATRON
4/12/21
USA
Doing a Franken 5726 build as well.

Gen Datewheel / Grey Dial on PPF Base.

The PPF Grey is a very nice watch, but when next to the Gen Dial, it's insane how instantly dull it looks. Looking at the two side by side, the PPF Grey is too blue and flat. Shipping off to builder today, can't wait to get this baby done.

jNapFQ.jpg

And here she is completed. didn't end up doing the DW but did the Gen Moonphase DIal. The PPF was too blue.

jfkKDi.jpg

jfkhob.jpg

Last edited:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Wow. Looks stunning. Let’s see some closer up pics than wrist distance tho....just so we can admire the build

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

zinduna

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
Superb looking build buddy. Looks amazing

projecthunder

Horology Curious
28/12/21
Received mine from Hont today, looks great and quality is special for a rep. Only problem is date has stopped turning now normally and with the pushers, seems to be stuck.

Has anybody had experience of this and resolved it, if so? Otherwise I am trying to find a watchmaker in the UK to do a service on it.

phlu

PATRON
4/12/21
USA
Wow. Looks stunning. Let’s see some closer up pics than wrist distance tho....just so we can admire the build

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Will try to get some more pics, macros and close ups, when I have a minute to do so.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Will try to get some more pics, macros and close ups, when I have a minute to do so.

Ahh thanks man. Congratulations on the build. It’s my grail watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sybariten

Puts the "ass" in classy
9/7/12
Sydney
Had a late night impulse yesterday and ended up ordering the blue 5726.

I already ordered the XF Overseas Ultra-Thin 2000V earlier this week and I wasn't planning on buying another watch, but that blue 5726 is just too nice to pass on....

MickyMountain

Horology Curious
6/10/17
phlu It's really something. Are the day and month the same depth as the gen, or a little deeper? It's so hard to judge from the photos.

phlu

PATRON
4/12/21
USA
phlu It's really something. Are the day and month the same depth as the gen, or a little deeper? It's so hard to judge from the photos.

I cant say for sure if its gen, but it's definitely not sunken anymore. The gen dial isnt as thick as the PPF so it sits closer to the moonphase, day and month.

I'll try to get better and upclose shots for everyone, sorry, been so swamped with work that I havent had time.