• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF Nautilus 5726, full functions and the date does not look sunken

phlu

PATRON
4/12/21
USA
Doing a Franken 5726 build as well.

Gen Datewheel / Grey Dial on PPF Base.

The PPF Grey is a very nice watch, but when next to the Gen Dial, it's insane how instantly dull it looks. Looking at the two side by side, the PPF Grey is too blue and flat. Shipping off to builder today, can't wait to get this baby done.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Superb - that would be the second one here. Apparently the gen dial is thinner and will make the DW closer, more gen like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

kevBquick

9/10/18

The PPF Grey is a very nice watch, but when next to the Gen Dial, it's insane how instantly dull it looks. Looking at the two side by side, the PPF Grey is too blue and flat. Shipping off to builder today, can't wait to get this baby done.

just curious....what does a gen dial for a 5726 cost?

Desmond20052000

21/3/17
I paid way too much for it, there was a good condition one on eBay over a month ago that was selling for $2700, I almost bought it but then backed out due to the condition. These dials are extremely rare and I'm stupid and paid $4200 for a perfect condition one.

I'm also looking for a white 5726 dial, I feel like I know where you got your grey dial ????

phlu

PATRON
4/12/21
USA
I'm also looking for a white 5726 dial, I feel like I know where you got your grey dial ????

I’ve already told many people that’s PMd me. Haha. I don’t mind sharing and helping others trying to get a dial as well. I picked mine up at a retailer in the Diamond District of NY.

But I am curious… where do you think I got mine? Hah.

Good luck on the white one my friend!

kevBquick

9/10/18
I paid way too much for it, there was a good condition one on eBay over a month ago that was selling for $2700, I almost bought it but then backed out due to the condition. These dials are extremely rare and I'm stupid and paid $4200 for a perfect condition one.

i appreciate the reply and honesty. after seeing the comparison in dial color. its just very different. i can't un-see it. grey was the dial choice of mine as well. but it won't be....i'll just go white. but i have a 5711 white dial. hence the reason for wanting grey.

Reactions: phlu

Desmond20052000

21/3/17
I’ve already told many people that’s PMd me. Haha. I don’t mind sharing and helping others trying to get a dial as well. I picked mine up at a retailer in the Diamond District of NY.

But I am curious… where do you think I got mine? Hah.

Good luck on the white one my friend!

Chrono24 out of Hong Kong?
But yeah even the white dial is tricky, gen looks silvery white and the rep, I'm not sure yet. Will post some photos when mine arrive!

Last edited:

phlu

PATRON
4/12/21
USA
Chrono24 out of Hong Kong?
But yeah even the white dial is tricky, gen looks silvery white and the rep, I'm not sure yet. Will post some photos when mine arrive!

Oh no sir, I haven't used Chrono24 before, but looking at the parts on the site now, I feel much better about the price. Haha. Seems to confirm the rarity of 5726 dials too.

Johnluuda

Supporter
Certified
8/5/21

Did your mod fitted the dial on rep? Will anything need to be modded before fitting?

melody

26/10/21
North carolina, USA.
27ed20d366dd8d405330448230862b6a.png

ARP on the month disk. :facepalm:

"Arpril" is only next month, you should just buy it once April is over then sell it again for a newer version next march!

Reactions: Vineetd23

Tobel

6/7/17
"Arpril" is only next month, you should just buy it once April is over then sell it again for a newer version next march!

I believe this flaw has been fixed a while back

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
jfe1T4.jpg
jfeYD1.jpg
jfeyqj.jpg

Gentlemen, received QC for this beauty and noticed the Month, Day, and Date in the window sits a little low.

Would you consider this acceptable or should it be rejected?

Last edited:

Bullflo3

Certified
13/2/18
Gentlemen, received QC for this beauty and noticed the Month, Day, and Date in the window sits a little low.

Would you consider this acceptable or should it be rejected?

I would have them send a couple more pics with a straight on view and also a view of other months, days & dates before I made my decision.

Last edited:

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
[mention]Tiger4 [/mention]

It is your dial that is sitting a tad high. Check your second picture and the position of the hands. They are not in the middle of the holes

4a21110cef7605aa19d9b6617c19726f.jpg

I would accept the watch (because it is gorgeous) and rectify at the first service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
I would have them send a couple more pics with a straight on view and also a view of other months, days & dates before I made my decision.

I'll have them send some more photos.