• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF Nautilus 5726, full functions and the date does not look sunken

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Guys I would like to buy the 5726 blue dial so bad, but it doesn't seems as blue as the 7512, isn't it? Is a new rep model going to come out shortly?

I don't own a 5726 but the basic color of the blue PPF 5712 dial is not blue but dark metallic turquoise in real life.

Agresto

Looking Around
26/11/21
Thank you for your answers, do you know if the 5726 have a real moonphase? or is a day/nght moon?

(they are beautiful anyway)

Last edited:

Burbizia

29/8/20
Just got mine from Pure Time.

Small Review:

Pros=
1) Very good overall feeling from the stainless steel polishing. Bracelet feels like a refinished one.
2) Wining feeling is gen like. With other replicas, manual winding has a cheap feeling. With this model winding is smooth but "solid". is hard to describe, but it gives a great feeling.
3) Complications for this price are a step in the right direction.

Cons=
1) Dial colour is very blue-grey. Quite far from genuine.
2) Dial error with different shape near "Geneve" in quite obvious
3) Clasp is a bit sharp (compared to bracelet)
4) The pushing button of the day of the week gave some issues at the begining (but is now working smooth at 6 in the morning)

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17

Small Review:

Pros=
1) Very good overall feeling from the stainless steel polishing. Bracelet feels like a refinished one.
2) Wining feeling is gen like. With other replicas, manual winding has a cheap feeling. With this model winding is smooth but "solid". is hard to describe, but it gives a great feeling.

Cons=
4) The pushing button of the day of the week gave some issues at the begining (but is now working smooth at 6 in the morning)

Was reading and the patek site says:
A new blue dial shading to black for the steel version
The steel Nautilus, endowed with an Annual Calendar and moon-phase display, now features a new blue dial inspired from the dial color of the original Nautilus model of 1976. Horizontal embossing and subtle grading from blue to black at the dial’s periphery create a powerful yet refined aesthetic that perfectly complements the sheen of the metal.

This is the original 3700 color
Patek_philippe_nautilus_3700_BoxPapers_AS01256_1_grande.jpg

Looks pretty close to our dial. I dont see much green.

I also get it, its a photo and they are not always color accurate. My point is I think there are different versions of blue for the 5726

Last edited:

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom

Small Review:

Pros=

Cons=

Well depends if you base your dial colour info on the PP marketing pictures which are all photoshopped. IRL the 5726 blue is quite dark (I have held two gens) and nothing like the online pictures (easy to spot as they are ALL set on the same 18th March)

Here is a gen from ch24

e512b841041786cc2cc18ede311a9fbb.jpg

Dial colour is pretty similar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: MrFitzwilliam

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Well depends if you base your dial colour info on the PP marketing pictures which are all photoshopped. IRL the 5726 blue is quite dark (I have held two gens) and nothing like the online pictures (easy to spot as they are ALL set on the same 18th March)

Here is a gen from ch24

Dial colour is pretty similar

I am not confident the latest version of the dial is the same as the 5711 or 5712 greenish blue. Feels like it's a different blue color entirely.

That said, the old standard applies of:
1) We will most likely never encounter one in the wild
2) If your lifestyle does not match, then even a gen won't be perceived of as legitimate

I really like the watch and if they fix the dial bars for GENEVE, I will hastily order the white to accompany my current blue

Last edited:
Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Burbizia

29/8/20
I had the same though (dial with different blue) but I'm not sure.

On patek site, ALL the blue Nautilus appear the same blue (without the turquoise shade of blue-green).
In picture on the net, in many pictures, 5726 appears with the blue-green shading...
not to sure.

As said nobody will ever believe my 5726 is real (or, if real, that one would use in everyday life as we are speaking about a 160.000€ watch) but this no even the point.

This is a nice product, movement, brushing and dial quality is great.
Maybe is a mater of tastes, but the lacking of the correct colour is a huge turn-off for me.

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Mine has developed new problems. Now the AM/PM indicator AND the moon disc are stuck and do not move even if you push the button. Only after a few weeks, disappointing

92445ce6f66ea8d660b2af137e5380ac.jpg

I guess a service would fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: johnlogan

MickyMountain

Horology Curious
6/10/17
To save me reading the whole thread, can anyone tell me how many people have bought the gen dial, and the cost? Here's a used one at Ch24 for £2,496 https://www.chrono24.co.uk/patekphi...ifferblatt-fuer-nautilus-5726--id19271157.htm I'm surprised that these dials are so easy to buy...doesn't Patek try to control them so they don't end up on reps, which might be mis-sold? Sorry if these are boring questions which have been done too many times, I'm new to this subject.

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Mine has developed new problems. Now the AM/PM indicator AND the moon disc are stuck and do not move even if you push the button. Only after a few weeks, disappointing

92445ce6f66ea8d660b2af137e5380ac.jpg

I guess a service would fix it

Back from service from @ado123 and the difference is amazing. Smooth winding, all pushers are a joy to operate and the watch is super quiet. I m very happy

a818f5181f56bb6e502fcb19b756faa1.jpg

MickyMountain

Horology Curious
6/10/17
Back from service from @ado123 and the difference is amazing. Smooth winding, all pushers are a joy to operate and the watch is super quiet. I m very happy

a818f5181f56bb6e502fcb19b756faa1.jpg

Excellent news, long may your watch last! Are you one of the guys who bought a gen dial?

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
632e3ede20da4f3193b14a8f6b3af58d.jpg

Blue but it really depends how the light hits the dial. Goes from greyish to blue. But is not always obvious it is blue

37720471c34b002eedb1cccdea54779e.jpg

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
I have a bunch of Pateks inbound
-3kF 40th, Tiffany

Arrived
5726 white
5711 peggy

Currently havent had any issues with my 5726. I must say this is a great all arounder.. I feel like my journey of tastes have taken me all over the place, currently being in patek.
Havent had any issues with my white one so far, debating whether or not to get a blue one as well?? Great having these complications.. I have had the chronograph , but at the end of the day, rarely use it. Having calendar is useful for me, and having moon phase is like having a slow changing wallpaper.

I have OCD, i opened it over a dozen times, trying to wipe out any dust, but each time, keep opening it. Luckily its still waterproof.

Currently unexpectedly one of my favorites. Perhaps the blue 5712 will scratch the itch and i wont need a blue 5726? I am just thinking the 5726 would be more reliable, but not sure, each has its own reason for failure.

juhCYi.jpg

Last edited:

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Really this white 5726… might scratch that itch in 2022 or maybe the AP ceramic calendar