• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF Nautilus 5726, full functions and the date does not look sunken

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I'm almost 100% certain you will be asked to pay the extra $100. As the price and even watch images are placeholders/. I can't see them losing $100 for nothing...

Yep, second that. Essentially this is BS practice from PT (Can’t believe a TD can do that, where is the “Trust”?). They did exactly the same when releasing ARF GMT Batman. PT published prototype watch with lower price, created enough demand, then jacked up price close to release (I think it was around $30 or so increase) and asked everyone to pay up.

Reactions: mari115

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I think they probably got a relatively high amount of orders, more than they expected, and thought they could raise the price due to demand.

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
Most of the time, when TD raise prices, it’s more likely the factory raising the price themselves. TD’s can consistently raise prices on many models kf that’s the case for demand gauging, however, doesnt happen with other popular models (once released).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: aqmatthews

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Yep, second that. Essentially this is BS practice from PT (Can’t believe a TD can do that, where is the “Trust”?). They did exactly the same when releasing ARF GMT Batman. PT published prototype watch with lower price, created enough demand, then jacked up price close to release (I think it was around $30 or so increase) and asked everyone to pay up.

It's absolutely disgusting.

More so if you remember what happened with the ZF sub: everyone bought the VSF sub, so they had to lower the price of the ZF since no one was buying it (they were charging 100 more dollars than the VSF).
This shows that they were still getting a more than acceptable profit by selling it for 100$ less, they tried to hype it soooo much but then they failed, and they couldn't milk us for that much money lol.

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
It's absolutely disgusting.

More so if you remember what happened with the ZF sub: everyone bought the VSF sub, so they had to lower the price of the ZF since no one was buying it (they were charging 100 more dollars than the VSF).
This shows that they were still getting a more than acceptable profit by selling it for 100$ less, they tried to hype it soooo much but then they failed, and they couldn't milk us for that much money lol.

Again, it’s more likely the factory. ..

They are the ones who have all the unsold stock that they need to get rid of. TD’s just back order as soon the order comes in from the client. They don’t have many unsold stock so they couldn’t care less when the ZF demand falls , but VSF demand gains. In fact, they even make more profit by that point then hard selling the ZF. Even if the TD has some stock left, it’s found at the discount pages and generally last only a short while.

srhoque

28/11/18
Again, it’s more likely the factory. ..

They are the ones who have all the unsold stock that they need to get rid of. TD’s just back order as soon the order comes in from the client. They don’t have many unsold stock so they couldn’t care less when the ZF demand falls , but VSF demand gains. In fact, they even make more profit by that point then hard selling the ZF. Even if the TD has some stock left, it’s found at the discount pages and generally last only a short while.

No, in this case it is not the factory. My TD (Trusty) published both these watches at the right price after waiting for factory to release watch. Also PT did a comparison of "who has the best Hulk/Sub" (why would I ever believe a TD), gave the best marks to ZF and then days later introduced a sale on ZF sub. Such practices are shady!!

Reactions: LebronXiJames

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Most of the time, when TD raise prices, it’s more likely the factory raising the price themselves. TD’s can consistently raise prices on many models kf that’s the case for demand gauging, however, doesnt happen with other popular models (once released).

Even if this is due to the factory I still think it's due to higher orders than they thought. How many times can puretime make this mistake? Always happens in hot watches but not sleepers. Happened with arf batman, vrf pepsi, and this that come to mind. Whether it's the TDS or the factory, I think higher orders than their initial projection makes them raise prices.

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
Even if this is due to the factory I still think it's due to higher orders than they thought. How many times can puretime make this mistake? Always happens in hot watches but not sleepers. Happened with arf batman, vrf pepsi, and this that come to mind. Whether it's the TDS or the factory, I think higher orders than their initial projection makes them raise prices.

Basic demand & supply my friend. Also, RWI isn’t the deciding factor when it comes to the demand side.

By the way, it’s just funny how we accuse how ‘shady’ all these price increases are but obviously most of us have no idea how to account manufacturing cost. These change in costs happens quite often actually.

From a customer perspective, might put you off, from a business perspective, this is actually quite common.

As long everybody gets to pay the premium price, I see no problem. The real problem arises when some people get to pay lower price and some more expensive before both got delivery.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Basic demand & supply my friend. Also, RWI isn’t the deciding factor when it comes to the demand side.

By the way, it’s just funny how we accuse how ‘shady’ all these price increases are but obviously most of us have no idea how to account manufacturing cost. These change in costs happens quite often actually.

From a customer perspective, might put you off, from a business perspective, this is actually quite common.

As long everybody gets to pay the premium price, I see no problem. The real problem arises when some people get to pay lower price and some more expensive before both got delivery.

I know it's supply and demand... that's literally what I said. Also I never said RWI is the deciding factor. I said the deciding factor was how many orders they got.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I should state that I generally agree with you considering supply &demand, I mean look at the Noob Daytonas. My only disagreement is charging those who agreed to your previous price and upselling them just because the demand is higher than once thought. That's what's shady. Honor the agreement and raise the price for future buyers if you feel it's justified.

Last edited:

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
I know it's supply and demand... that's literally what I said. Also I never said RWI is the deciding factor. I said the deciding factor was how many orders they got.

Sorry, I probably misunderstood you here. We do agree on the same point here indeed.

My comment was more relevant to those thinking adjusting manufacturing cost and thus adjusting output prices is shady practice. Labelling a TD shady for this is just a malicious claim. They could have raised prices for other (already) produced models like the VSF sub if they were indeed to have the intention to gauge prices.

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
I should state that I generally agree with you considering supply &demand, I mean look at the Noob Daytonas. My only disagreement is charging those who agreed to your previous price and upselling them just because the demand is higher than once thought. That's what's shady. Honor the agreement and raise the price for future buyers if you feel it's justified.

I get the point, but to be fair, it’s a pre-order. This means nobody got the watch cheaper..my personal view: if prices rose for everyone before anyone got it cheaper (actual delivery) , that’s fair.

How would you feel if they actually let people that ordered one day before the price raise pay less than people who ordered one day after?

How would you feel if they change prices after they delivered hundreds clients and noticed it’s a good selling profuct and therefore raised prices? Hundreds of people paid 20% less... that’s when the real unfairness comes in...

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I get the point, but to be fair, it’s a pre-order. This means nobody got the watch cheaper..my personal view: if prices rose for everyone before anyone got it cheaper (actual delivery) , that’s fair.

How would you feel if they actually let people that ordered one day before the price raise pay less than people who ordered one day after?

How would you feel if they change prices after they delivered hundreds clients and noticed it’s a good selling profuct and therefore raised prices? Hundreds of people paid 20% less... that’s when the real unfairness comes in...

I mean a pre order is the same thing as an order TD-wise. TDs get the request and then wait for the shipment from the factory. Except this time its a couple weeks longer. It's not really a difference fundamentally.

As for your scenario, that's exactly what I'm advocating for. I would not feel upset if people paid less before the price hike. They purchased it at a lower price and should stay locked in.

I mean Amazon raises prices due to popularity all the time; no one complains that other people got it cheaper. If you were too late to an earlier price it sucks for you, but that's not the earlier buyer's problem whatsoever. It's not unfair. It's standard.

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
I’d like to clarify: On the contrary of course,if they already have provided QC or they are about to ship it outand then claims for more money... that would actually be shady as it’s already a commitment of selling instead of just a pre-order that might fall through every moment.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
The real problem arises when some people get to pay lower price and some more expensive before both got delivery.

Basically what happened with the ZF? People used to pay the full price and one day later it was discounted by 100$ :p

And yeah, it's shady, very shady, the repgame is a shady business.

You don't owe them anything. The fact that we have a V11 noob submariner is one of the countless cues that shows how hard they are trying to milk us for money, and people even say "thank you" for it.

The 316l vs 904l is another BS marketing mumbo jumbo. Never forget how ZZF had to change its name and become Clean, in order to recover from the reputational damage, since they used to sell 316l watches as 904l.

Sure, never forget that TDs and Factories are 2 different entities, but at the same time some TDs are very close with some factories, to the point that they even meet in person with the respective general managers (as Puretime said and did, with ZF and ARF iirc).

I'm pretty sure that these TDs, who are very close to these factories, would have many connections and communication venues, or even leverage, but OFC they won't exploit them, because the system works fine as it is for them, it's clear and even perfectly understandable that they are trying to make as much profit as possible, so they won't risk damaging their connections for no perceived benefit.

Going back to the topic, any news about possible QCs? I'd love to see some details of the "not" sunken window!

Last edited:

srhoque

28/11/18
I would love to see some QC of the DW window also :p

Have another question for the folks here....I don't keep my watch on winders and will be wearing this in rotation (in case I decide to order). I prefer watches with single (Date) or at most 2 complications (maybe Moonphase which I will never touch :D) because it is easy to set and put on wrist. With this one, it will literally take me a bit to set all the complications and then wear it for the next 4 to 8 hours. Seems like a hassle each time, I have never understood the benefit of annual calendars in reps (where the counters don't work), maybe someone can convince me otherwise.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I would love to see some QC of the DW window also :p

Have another question for the folks here....I don't keep my watch on winders and will be wearing this in rotation (in case I decide to order). I prefer watches with single (Date) or at most 2 complications (maybe Moonphase which I will never touch :D) because it is easy to set and put on wrist. With this one, it will literally take me a bit to set all the complications and then wear it for the next 4 to 8 hours. Seems like a hassle each time, I have never understood the benefit of annual calendars in reps (where the counters don't work), maybe someone can convince me otherwise.

Just buy a cheap watch winder, for multi-complication watches it is somewhat necessary. Either that, or just wear it and set the time and date and ignore the rest. My OCD couldn't live with that... but you might be able to. A decent watch winder can be had for around the £120 mark. Mine is battery powered and lasts for about 4 months of daily winding on 2 x AA batteries.

Reactions: srhoque

srhoque

28/11/18
Just buy a cheap watch winder, for multi-complication watches it is somewhat necessary. Either that, or just wear it and set the time and date and ignore the rest. My OCD couldn't live with that... but you might be able to. A decent watch winder can be had for around the £120 mark. Mine is battery powered and lasts for about 4 months of daily winding on 2 x AA batteries.

Agreed, my OCD will also want me to set everything except Moonphase (that I don't care about). I do have a winder, maybe its time to use it now :D

Andrew (Trusty) told me that the Rolex Pepsi rep sells like hotcakes in mainland China just because they want that on their wrists. Apparently, there is a significant population who never ever even set the time/date because they don't care. Go figure...

Last edited:
Reactions: Sonofalich

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Agreed, my OCD will also want me to set everything except Moonphase (that I don't care about). I do have a winder, maybe its time to use it now :D

Andrew (Trusty) told me that the Rolex Pepsi rep sells like hotcakes in mainland China just because they want that on their wrists. Apparently, there is a significant population who never ever even set the time/date because they don't care. Go figure...

as Jean-Claude Biver often says: "Nobody buys a watch nowadays to check the time"

obviously i would feel stupid if my watch is not telling me the exact time with max 2 min error, but that's me.