• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF Nautilus 5726, full functions and the date does not look sunken

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
There is no video of this on Chinese sites yet? or pic from non td?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
that "ARP"...really can't unsee that, can you? I can't express how glad I am that PT (prob unknowingly) displayed the error for us. How angry would you have been if you discovered it the hard way? Aside from that, 3 huge cheers for FINALLY fixing the sunken date at 6:00. Anyone know if fixing the month is an easy fix? I used to just take datewheels for granted...but not any more. tangokilo things are looking up!

Hi tortuga, you are right looks no more sunken date at 6 o'clock! The ARP misspelling of APR is something a modder could easily address. I am surprised PPF released this version. If I had to guess I would say PPF is using parts from other factories and then releasing their version like a franken rep but not with gen parts just parts from other factories combined. Looks good though thanks for flagging this to me!

Reactions: tortuga368

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Without the sunken date wheel, plenty of other models become interesting

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
Are you talking about the 5712? This thread is for the 5726 that just released a couple days ago. If so, congrats - still waiting for my 5712.

Yes sorry clarifying that the shipment is for the PPF 5712.

I’ll probably order this too but waiting for videos to show up on Youku to see actual quality. It does look good on photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
One thing to also be aware of is if this has a fully functional moonphase. We can wait to see some videos hopefully showing the full functions.

Reactions: P..DR..D

srhoque

28/11/18
One thing to also be aware of is if this has a fully functional moonphase. We can wait to see some videos hopefully showing the full functions.

How about date, day and month, do they keep moving perpetually? My guess is probably not...

RTC8

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/19
How about date, day and month, do they keep moving perpetually? My guess is probably not...

It´s most likely not an annual calendar or anything like that, the day changes like a regular date complication so in months without 31 days it will have to be adjusted, the day I think in previous models also changed automatically, the month had to be adjusted manually.

Reactions: srhoque

srhoque

28/11/18
It´s most likely not an annual calendar or anything like that, the day changes like a regular date complication so in months without 31 days it will have to be adjusted, the day I think in previous models also changed automatically, the month had to be adjusted manually.

Good explanation, I was thinking the same. Thanks!

onlyrolexes

26/12/20

So essentially the 5712 has the better complication with working moonphase and 31 days calendar

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
So essentially the 5712 has the better complication with working moonphase and 31 days calendar

Well not really, the 5726 has 4 complications of which 3 should work as intended. (Date, moonphase, 24 hours) The annual day/month is likely not working, ans though nobody can confirm the moonphase as of now.

The 5712 has only 3 complications which 2 of them works. (Moonphase and date). Of course, the micro rotor (nor complication per se, is obviously an ‘upgrade’ in terms of innovation in reps compared to any other complication until now.

Both are beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: onlyrolexes

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
Well not really, the 5726 has 4 complications of which 3 should work as intended. (Date, moonphase, 24 hours) The annual day/month is likely not working, ans though nobody can confirm the moonphase as of now.

The 5712 has only 3 complications which 2 of them works. (Moonphase and date). Of course, the micro rotor (nor complication per se, is obviously an ‘upgrade’ in terms of innovation in reps compared to any other complication until now.

Both are beautiful

Fair points. And either way if it has a functioning moonphase then it’s worth buying especially if the date window looks as good as these photos.

I don’t mind moving the month manually.

onlyrolexes

26/12/20

Both are beautiful

Fair points. And either way if it has a functioning moonphase then it’s worth buying especially if the date window looks as good as these photos.

Tobel

6/7/17

What I suspect, but to be confirmed, is not that you need to adjust the month, but that you need to adjust the day of the month in months that are less than 31 days. On real annual calendar the date will automatically adjust to 1 after the 31 for months of 31 days and after the 30th after months of 30 days. The month is just following this. But curious to see how they implemented it

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Last edited:

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Very concerned about the misspelled ARP on the datewheel for April. If this can be modded relatively easily, like whiting out the bottom right line of the R and then adding a black line to turn the P into an R as the third letter, I would move forward.