• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF Nautilus 5726, full functions and the date does not look sunken

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
Nitpicking is what we do as replovers, otherwise there wouldn't be an ENORMOUS grey secondary market for gen parts in order to assemble frankens and mod flawed reps.

Pointing out an objective mistake like "ARP vs APR" is not "nitpicking", drawing red lines all over the place in order to verify alignment is, don't mix the two lmao

Being alert, being critical and making the community aware of the possible flaws/ downsides if ofc a good thing, but when people decide not to buy ‘just because’ there’s a dial pattern flaw that’snot obvious except when people look at your wrist at 20cm distance, that’s just unhealthy nitpicking.

Those people buy reps just to pretend to have GEN so they NEED gen like specs and can not the watch itself. They obsess over 1 flaw and neglect how well put the other aspects are for just a mere 1/1000 th of the price... that’s unhealthy nitpicking my friend.

My point is... we pay 1/1000th of the price but expect gen quality..,we get the chance to enjoy these pieces but people ONLY focus on the 1 minor flaw like a paranoia lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KilltheDeath

Known Member
4/10/20
RWI has become a place for nitpicking it seems. I think we forget to literally enjoy reps as we reached a certain thirst level for ‘gen like’ specs lol. We haven’t had so much NWBIG & gen thirst nitpicking a year or 2 ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is pointing out an obvious tell on the dial a kind of nitpicking?
Going back to posts from 2 years ago, I could find some people drawing lines on 5711 pictures and point out the flaw on bezel scale.

We do not expect a USD 5xx rep has the "same spec" (functions or movement) as a USD 5xxx gen. But, the rep should be closed on some big details (like those lines which should be the easiest to be replicated).

Reactions: mari115

kevBquick

9/10/18
its hard to say nitpicking or not. what is obvious to one may not be obvious to the other.

so i can appreciate the notification on the dial....i missed it myself. but i don't study the 5726 like the 5711 or a 5167/68.
so i would like to be alerted to things.

NOW i can't un-see it. so now i'm on the fence.

Reactions: mari115

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Being alert, being critical and making the community aware of the possible flaws/ downsides if ofc a good thing

That's good then!

but when people decide not to buy ‘just because’ there’s a dial pattern flaw that’snot obvious except when people look at your wrist at 20cm distance, that’s just unhealthy nitpicking.

Why are you offended by someone else not buying a watch sold by a third party? The reason why they don't want to buy it is just as valid as the reason why you'll buy it, it's totally subjective and allowed, with the only difference that you aren't getting anything out of them buying the watch or not.

Lmao try to reverse this situation, imagine how weird it would look if people were outraged if someone bought this watch. It would be totally ridiculous.

My point is... we pay 1/1000th of the price but expect gen quality..,

well if that's your point it's clearly wrong, since expecting a well printed month disc, and a correct spaced tapisserie dial is not index of "gen quality", it's about spending 20 more minutes in the 3D software rendering process, it's a 10$ job at best, considering the incredibly low manufacture costs in china, so it's kinda annoying when they get that shit wrong, especially if they get it correct in other models already, so it's kinda inexcusable.

People should vote with their wallet, and there's nothing wrong with not buying a release for whatever reason :p

aqmatthews

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/6/21
Can we get back to the question at hand? DOES THE DATE LOOK LIKE ITS IN CENTER?

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Guys just received my QC pics from Andrew and the month has been fixed to APR...and the QC pics are amazing the watch looks phenomenal.

Please share them if you have approved the watch!

Edit... sorry, missed a page :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Being alert, being critical and making the community aware of the possible flaws/ downsides if ofc a good thing, but when people decide not to buy ‘just because’ there’s a dial pattern flaw that’snot obvious except when people look at your wrist at 20cm distance, that’s just unhealthy nitpicking.

Those people buy reps just to pretend to have GEN so they NEED gen like specs and can not the watch itself. They obsess over 1 flaw and neglect how well put the other aspects are for just a mere 1/1000 th of the price... that’s unhealthy nitpicking my friend.

My point is... we pay 1/1000th of the price but expect gen quality..,we get the chance to enjoy these pieces but people ONLY focus on the 1 minor flaw like a paranoia lol

It's because they want to post on insta-flex. That's the only logical reason, an instant tell like that ruins their day. It can be the only logical reason, as how many Patek experts do they expect to come across daily?

How many people do they expect to be staring at their watch and comparing it to their own EXACT version of that watch? How many people even look at their watches for more than 3 seconds? There are so many different dial variants on watches, unless the person EXAMINING, and I mean examining your watch knows every single revision ever done, how would they know it's not just a different dial? That's if they even noticed.

Thus, my conclusion is these people are flexers, they want the watch to impress others. They want it so they can post and say "look what a baller I am". There, and only there can they ever be called out for such a small flaw. As instagram has people that study watch pictures, plus flaws like these are magnified and blown-up out of proportion when looking at images... 5x zoom etc... Real life, you're never getting called out for that flaw, not in a million years.

Let them ruin the watch for themselves, we'll enjoy it :) The biggest tell on these watches is you. Some of you are so paranoid and anxious I'm pretty sure you need a therapist. Most of you need to understand, that only you care what is on your wrist... everyone else is just being polite. "nice watch".

Last edited:

Ylijumala

1/3/21
In the Soviet EU
they want the watch to impress others
Well, that can be said about pretty much any mechanical watch enthusiast these days, rep or not, right? ;)

edit. I'll add another thought. Ppl who buy reps obviously know they're not 1:1 to gen and probably never will. Hence, every small flaw detracts even more from that closeness to the original and is a much bigger issue than it "should" be. Gen owners obviously do not usually feel that way (of course there are exceptions). In some gens misprints and certain defects even add to the value instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: P..DR..D

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
This...

""Gen owners obviously do not usually feel that way (of course there are exceptions). In some gens misprints and certain defects even add to the value instead.""

We are being hard on ourselves sometimes and as Sonofalich pointed out, the biggest tell will always be wearers. I personally just want to be able to enjoy my reps, and plenty of like minded friends do it for the same reasons. Heck, we have surgeons among us who wear AP and PP reps because they don't want their gens to be ruined.

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
Idk I don’t post any watches on Insta but It’ll still bug me to have a typo. Like it wouldn’t be end of the world stuff but I like to feel like my watch is complete and the ARP makes the watch feel a little incomplete to me. Though if anyone hates their ARP 5726 I’ll happily take it off your hands and wear it heheheh

Reactions: onlyrolexes

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Idk I don’t post any watches on Insta but It’ll still bug me to have a typo. Like it wouldn’t be end of the world stuff but I like to feel like my watch is complete and the ARP makes the watch feel a little incomplete to me. Though if anyone hates their ARP 5726 I’ll happily take it off your hands and wear it heheheh

ARP looks as if it has been fixed. There are QC's in this thread with APR not "ARP".

kevBquick

9/10/18
this isn't about gens though....this thread is about a rep. so flaws are just flaws. watch values don't mean anything here...unless you franken it.
and then thats personal preference. people franken their watch because they don't like this or that. want it to appear more gen like. but your buying a rep
so your trying to flex....be it on insta or not.
and when v2-15 are produced....this v1 becomes worth less than you paid. its just a fake watch.

then we gotta jump on each others backs about what flaws should be posted or not. what is big or what isn't.
a flaw is a flaw, this is not an opinion. it exists or doesn't. what is an acceptable flaw to some is not to others.
who is anyone to say?

i don't buy gens anymore because it don't see value in it. i have to spend 60k for it to be worth 100k? or can i keep my 60k
and spend for $600 and get what looks close to a watch, I MYSELF, like. doesn't appreciate in value but thats was never why i bought it.

i bought it because it liked it.....like most things i buy.

but either way....instead of buying the pagani designs version or the million other
watches that look like ROLEX or PATEK, etc...we don't. we are buying ones to look like the real deal because they look like the real deal.

https://www.amazon.com/Automatic-Sa...027e9&pd_rd_wg=5ejxc&pd_rd_i=B08PFL82Y6&psc=1

so now that we have come to terms with what we buy. lets just keep it about the watch.

if you can accept that flaws....good for you. wear it in good health i say. if you can't accept the flaws and you are waiting for the perfect rep....you know
what they say....if your waiting for the perfect rep, you will always be watiting.