• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF Nautilus 5726, full functions and the date does not look sunken

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
How braindead could the chinese worker who designed the month disk be to make that mistake? smh

To them, alphabet is something they rarely use. Try stamping watch components in Chinese mate... I'm sure you'd make no mistakes.
Also, some people have dyslexia... we can be happy that they fixed other flaws already..

Last edited:

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
To them, alphabet is something they rarely use. Try stamping watch components in Chinese mate... I'm sure you'd make no mistakes.
Also, some people have dyslexia... we can be happy that they fixed other flaws already..

It doesn't matter if it's something they rarely use, it's the most widely spread alphabet in the world, it's also composed of only 26 letters, compared to the usually used 20k in the chinese alphabet.

Moreover, it was somebody's job to digitally input those characters in a 3D software, so, before printing thousands and thousands of pieces I'd definitely check more than once if everything was typed correctly, i'd compare it to the real thing as well, in order to see if there is any blatant mistake.

If someone has dyslexia, they shouldn't be in charge of precision machining or CAD printing, otherwise something like this would happen lmao.

I can be unhappy that they keep on making the same bullshit mistakes :p

Reactions: Duckber

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Reactions: jcguo0516

srhoque

28/11/18
Reactions: jcguo0516

jcguo0516

4/12/18
no need to hate, if wasnt the Chinese workers, you wouldnt be able to have this hobby in the first place, smh

and just to remind you, not everyone speak english, not everyone need to speak english, april dont shows as APR on their phone, it shows Chinese "四月"

if you are unhappy with this mistake, dont buy it, dont get on here bashing the workers, ton of us are happy with this decent rep

How braindead could the chinese worker who designed the month disk be to make that mistake? smh

Last edited:

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW
It doesn't matter if it's something they rarely use, it's the most widely spread alphabet in the world, it's also composed of only 26 letters, compared to the usually used 20k in the chinese alphabet.

Moreover, it was somebody's job to digitally input those characters in a 3D software, so, before printing thousands and thousands of pieces I'd definitely check more than once if everything was typed correctly, i'd compare it to the real thing as well, in order to see if there is any blatant mistake.

If someone has dyslexia, they shouldn't be in charge of precision machining or CAD printing, otherwise something like this would happen lmao.

I can be unhappy that they keep on making the same bullshit mistakes :p

not everyone is as fortunate as you to receive an education, chill out.

Reactions: fpi87 and jcguo0516

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
no need to hate, if wasnt the Chinese workers, you wouldnt be able to have this hobby in the first place, smh

and just to remind you, not everyone speak english, not everyone need to speak english, april dont shows as APR on their phone, it shows Chinese "星期四"

if you are unhappy with this mistake, dont buy it, dont get on here bashing the workers, ton of us are happy with this decent rep

Decent rep with an obvious flaw that you are PAYING for. You don't owe them anything, you are paying for their services and they did it wrong.

It's like being thankful even if you are ordering something at a restaurant and they serve you the wrong dish, someone didn't do their job properly and made a mistake. Sure, you won't "hate" on the chef for it, but you won't be as happy as you would if they got it right.

Should I be happy to pay for something defective? lol

Again, it was someone's job to copy the month wheel and make it right, someone messed up, when someone messes up you don't say "thank you", you say "don't do it again". Moreover, you don't need to speak a language to see the difference between APR and ARP.

It's about being realistic, it's not a matter of CNC machining or practical, minute mistakes. It's as if in your average sub they misprinted the datewheel, going to 32 lmao (in this case it would be even less of a problem, since it would last just a day, not a month, but just as braindead).

Last edited:
Reactions: jb3md

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
not everyone is as fortunate as you to receive an education, chill out.

As I said up there, it's not about education, it's not like they make them from scratch, they copy something from schematics that already exist.

I'm pretty chilled out, no clue why you are asking me to :p

thanks to what jcguo0516 said, we now know that "星期四" means april, I don't know chinese, but if they told me to retype that I would type "星期四", definitely not "星四期".

It's not about education, nor knowing the language, it's about making a stupid mistake that you could EASILY avoid if you paid more attention.

Last edited:

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW
As I said up there, it's not about education, it's not like they make them from scratch, they copy something from schematics that already exist.

thanks to what jcguo0516 said, we now know that "星期四" means april, I don't know chinese, but if they told me to retype that I would type "星期四", definitely not "星四期".

It's not about education, nor knowing the language, it's about making a stupid mistake that you could EASILY avoid if you paid more attention.

星期四 is Thursday.

Reactions: fpi87

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

You're making some pretty bold, outlandish statements. Then wonder why people call you out? Just simmer down.

We haven't even seen any real world pictures of this, as it has already been stated more than likely this is a pre-production piece a prototype, because you can't order this watch yet. Will the mistake still be present who knows?

Either way, chill out. It's hardly the flaw of the century. You act like the watch is physically reaching out and slapping you (arguably, that might be necessary).

Just wait and see... lets wait for when you can actually order the watch and receive QC rather than knee-jerk reacting to what could be nothing.

Last edited:

jcguo0516

4/12/18
yes, vice versa, they dont owe you anything either, again you dont like it, you dont buy it, they didnt force you to be a customer, no need to call a race “braindead”

hateful comments are not welcomed here, like I said, ton of us are actually happy with this rep

You don't owe them anything,

Reactions: fpi87

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I asked Jennifer to find out about the ARP situation. She has asked the factory and she is waiting for a response.

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Thank you tangokilo.

Appreciate you reaching out to them and look forward to the update.

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW
u copied and paste though, ur not working the padding machines lol.

Ie.

Tattoo artists should just follow the Chinese words correctly right? it's so easy.....

tumblr_mz2aivZJqg1r7tobyo1_1280.jpg

fail, the middle word is upside down.

Last edited:

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
You're making some pretty bold, outlandish statements.

Well I might have looked rude, I'm sorry for that, since written text doesn't convey tone. That doesn't make what i said less true though. I never brought in education as a way to belittle the workers, the others did, implying I did while I wasn't, I just talked about precision and making mistakes that can easily be avoided.

Will the mistake still be present who knows?

I hope it won't, would be annoying if it were! Especially since it's a prototype as you said.

tangokilo asked puretime about it and they reached out to the factories, maybe this could get us a reply, or a proactive response, let's wait and see :)

P.S. they might not be physically slapping you, but they might be doing it financially. Do you think it's not on purpose? Well, not fixing these obvious flaws is.

It's as if you haven't seen all the other reps with blatant grammar mistakes, even if they make sincere mistakes at the beginning of production they then don't bother fixing it later, this is in order to milk us for money by releasing new Vs in the future years, so yeah, that's also frustrating.

Last edited:

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
yes, vice versa, they dont owe you anything either, again you dont like it, you dont buy it, they didnt force you to be a customer, no need to call a race “braindead”

hateful comments are not welcomed here, like I said, ton of us are actually happy with this rep

Who said they have to be thankful to me buying their watches? Lol No one said they owe me anything.

GTFO with the race card, I never called the chinese population braindead.

Stop putting words into my mouth, it's ridiculous LMAO

I'd suggest going back and re-reading my comments, and if that doesn't work you can go and follow some reading comprehension courses.

If after reading "How braindead could the chinese worker who designed the month disk be" you understand "All chinese people are braindead" Then I guess there's something wrong with your brain.