New PPF Nautilus 5726, full functions and the date does not look sunken

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aristole View Post

Will do, don't know how much time it will take to have them though....TD told me to sit, relax and be patient
    Which colour dial did you go for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aristole View Post

Will do, don't know how much time it will take to have them though....TD told me to sit, relax and be patient
      Originally posted by P..DR..D View Post

I think that breaks all the QC rules though?

I believe, and others will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure, but members can only post QC pictures with specific questions/concerns they spot themselves, or when they've greenlighted?

I dont think they can just throw out pictures and ask for community comments.

I could be wrong and will defer to the wisdom of wiser people than me though.

For the record I'm excited to see any pictures:-)
      You can post all the QC pictures, in fact on new threads of new watches... it is very much encouraged as no-one has any pictures.

What isn't allowed is posting QC pictures and asking for general feedback on an established watch. It's essentially a question of, do my actions help the community or hinder it?
      In this case, the users QC pictures are potentially the first ones we have ever seen, so therefore it is of great benefit to all parties interested.

So please do post your QC pictures. Just do not ask for "general feedback". You can ALWAYS post a QC picture and ask for a specific concern. But in watches where we have no pictures whatsoever, a full QC shot(s) are always welcome! Plus after you green light it as P DR D said, they are all allowed. It's for reference and helps all users.

I am very excited / interested to see your pictures. I'm interested in the grey dial myself, but I'm waiting for 'brave' users such as yourself to take the plunge first haha.
      Last edited by Sonofalich; 30-05-21, 18:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonofalich View Post

You can post all the QC pictures, in fact on new threads of new watches... it is very much encouraged as no-one has any pictures.

What isn't allowed is posting QC pictures and asking for general feedback on an established watch. It's essentially a question of, do my actions help the community or hinder it?
        In this case, the users QC pictures are potentially the first ones we have ever seen, so therefore it is of great benefit to all parties interested.

So please do post your QC pictures. Just do not ask for "general feedback". You can ALWAYS post a QC picture and ask for a specific concern. But in watches where we have no pictures whatsoever, a full QC shot(s) are always welcome! Plus after you green light it as P DR D said, they are all allowed. It's for reference and helps all users.

I am very excited / interested to see your pictures. I'm interested in the grey dial myself, but I'm waiting for 'brave' users such as yourself to take the plunge first haha.
        Perfect, thank you for clarifying.
        Excited re the pictures too.
        Looks like a super release.
        "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time"

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get"

Nerds Assemble - Tissot Trip - Breitling Break - Pams Photo Parade

Comment

I want the grey one too
          maybe i will order it also

Comment

Im still waiting QC on my 5712 ... so lets see

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss_goupil View Post

Which colour dial did you go for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Blue, I wanted grey but I don't like the fact that the moon phase disk is blue....therefore I went for blue.

Comment

Has any modder confirmed that ARP can be changed to APR? Accord11 sent out some PMs to modders but I don't think he has heard back yet.

Comment

In the meantime I have joined the list of those waiting for the 5712. I will also email some TDs to see if perhaps the ARP is only an error on this sample they received for pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by tangokilo View Post
                    Has any modder confirmed that ARP can be changed to APR? Accord11 sent out some PMs to modders but I don't think he has heard back yet.
                    I’d be really curious if they even sell the watches with the incorrect month printed on it. Seems like a model that will sell like hot cakes. I’m sure it’ll be fixed. For them to sell this with ARP is crazy…

…but it is the rep world.

Comment

Yes we think it would be crazy to sell like this. But most people that buy these at markets will not even notice. And if they do it will be too late to complain.

There is a saying in Chinese, 一锤子买卖

This basically means the one time sale, that is meant to maximize profit but with no thoughts of a return customer sale. This is very common in the Chinese culture with business dealings. Things have changed slightly with respect to this saying, mostly with Chinese companies interacting with Western companies and understanding that it is more beneficial to have repeat business rather than the one time sale.

Comment

Originally posted by tangokilo View Post
                        I'm sorry, but it really isn't a big deal. It's tiny... no-one is going to see that. If you're paranoid you could not wear the watch in Arpril... sorry April.
                        But reality is, it isn't a deal-breaker. If that's the only fault, you're onto a huge winner. Modding it to fix ARP is unnecessary heck here's a one liner for you to use if ever anyone ever calls you out on it. (spoiler, they won't).

"Yeah... it's a one off flaw, last time I sent it in for service they said they could change it, but I declined. It's one of only a few date wheel misprints released by Patek, super rare!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sonofalich View Post

I'm sorry, but it really isn't a big deal. It's tiny... no-one is going to see that. If you're paranoid you could not wear the watch in Arpril... sorry April.
                          But reality is, it isn't a deal-breaker. If that's the only fault, you're onto a huge winner. Modding it to fix ARP is unnecessary heck here's a one liner for you to use if ever anyone ever calls you out on it. (spoiler, they won't).

"Yeah... it's a one off flaw, last time I sent it in for service they said they could change it, but I declined. It's one of only a few date wheel misprints released by Patek, super rare!"
                          Ha nice one. I'll use that if I ever need to. While I agree it is very unnoticeable to most, to others it is a huge eyesore. To each his own as they say I believe.

Comment

I agree. If its a gen with a printing error people would hold onto the watch for dear life. Such is life in the rep world, no flaw is accepted. But in gen, flaws are embraced.

Comment

Originally posted by thrillofhunt View Post
                              I agree. If its a gen with a printing error people would hold onto the watch for dear life. Such is life in the rep world, no flaw is accepted. But in gen, flaws are embraced.
                              The first batch, with this flaw, could become a collectors edition, one batch only, rare as hens teeth :-)
                              Could even get it's own thread in the Eyecandy subforum.

But joking aside, I for one will accept it if it is the only flaw, and certainly wouldnt pay another X hundred to fix it.

Plus as Sonofalich said, you could just not wear in April, or say that it's a rare one, that the workers did as an April / Arpil fools joke (like the coders who insert hidden code in apps)

"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time"

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get"

Nerds Assemble - Tissot Trip - Breitling Break - Pams Photo Parade

Comment

I still think those images are from pre production units. By the time they will be available some of the flaws will be corrected. Date wheel for sure, dial colour we will see...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X